Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another map from my personal timeline.

Flag is a little iffy but It was the best I could come up without making too obviously Russian. The Stars symbolise the original states of the Federation in 1996. [I do think we need more maps in the latter stages of the 20th century]

The Eurasian Federation - 2010

dYUlzDA.png

Any feedback welcome.

Last edited:
Figured I'd post this since I made it for my own reference. Just a very basic map, sorry to say, but oh well. The premise is a German victory in the First Battle of the Marne, and a drive to Paris by the end of 1914.

Basically on the back of discussion in this thread.

At the end of the fall of France, the Italians pulled a Mussolini and jumped in to snag what little they could and come out of the war in a better position, taking Nice and Savoy and effectively forcing France's surrender (since it was now technically a two front war in the west). Bulgaria hurriedly invaded Serbian Macedonia, forcing the Serbs to surrender as well, and Romania too jumped in at the last minute and grabbed Bessarabia from the Russians before they sued for peace.

In the peace, Germany annexed the Longwy-Briey region from France and Luxembourg, as well as some border regions in Poland. A Kingdom of Poland, and a Grand Duchy of Lithuania, were set up under German domination in the east, but because of their relative position to Russia at this time they failed to secure Ukraine or the Baltic States in the treaty. Austria-Hungary grabbed some border regions of Serbia, while Bulgaria annexed Serbian Macedonia, and the rest was made an Austro-Hungarian client state (along with Montenegro). Obviously Romania annexed Bessarabia and the Ottomans took the oblasts they lost in the Russo-Turkish War.

In the aftermath, Greece was allowed to annex Northern Epirus, and the Prince of Wied was returned to Albania to rule and return the nation to order with the help of an Austro-Italian coalition. Neither the Austrians or Italians wanted to leave Albania to the other, so both evacuated once it was all said and done.

Colonially, the Germans agreed to return Belgium to neutrality, its territory in tact, in exchange for the Belgian Congo and a return of Kamerun and Togoland. The British kept Tanganyika to connect Cape Town to Cairo, and South Africa maintained its control over German Sudwestafrika. In the east, the Germans lost everything; the Japanese agreed to pay the Germans a token sum for control of Tsingtao and the sphere of influence in the Shandong Peninsula, as well as Germany's Pacific Islands. Australia continued to control German New Guinea, and New Zealand continued to control German Samoa. The Italians got some border adjustments between Libya and Algeria, and certain rights over Italian citizens in Tunisia.

The Germans created Mittelafrika although it was smaller than they would have initially wanted (with the loss of Tanganyika, but they can't do much at this point against the Royal Navy and aren't willing to).

The only parts I wasn't sure about were Egypt (would the Anglo-Italian border adjustments still happen? Would it still be technically under Ottoman suzerainty or would the Brits annex it wholesale?), Madagascar (don't think the Germans had any plans for it OTL?) and Djibouti (would the Italians want it?).

Limited CP Victory.png

Asami

Banned
Nice job. Have you considered making this a full TL? Or at the very least giving it its own thread.

I have indeed given it some consideration; but I don't want to overwhelm myself with TLs. Once I put a few of them into completion status; I may start a permanent TL with this map TL. :)

Here I am with another horrendous map. Had some border issues. Judge as you see fit.

Hey, you've been getting a lot better. :) A few suggestions for the future, just to help out:
- Maps normally look better when there are only one pixel wide borders, drawing them without refining them makes it look a bit too thick.
- I suggest doing research on some of the continents that most people disregard, considering you unified the entirety of South America and gave a small principality in Nigeria half of Africa. :p
- I'd also suggest comparing your maps to previous OTL maps, just check them out here.
- Other than that, I'm sure you'll get better in time. :D

Hey, you've been getting a lot better. :) A few suggestions for the future, just to help out:
- Maps normally look better when there are only one pixel wide borders, drawing them without refining them makes it look a bit too thick.
- I suggest doing research on some of the continents that most people disregard, considering you unified the entirety of South America and gave a small principality in Nigeria half of Africa. :p
- I'd also suggest comparing your maps to previous OTL maps, just check them out here.
- Other than that, I'm sure you'll get better in time. :D

Thanks for the helpful criticism. Still new to all of this. Its appreciated. ^_^

Thanks. Ill make sure to if I need any. And also me and my friends love the concept and look of that second map.

Always happy to give advice (even if I have a lot to learn myself, I enjoy helping) And really? Your friends know my work? :eek: That's great, I'm really glad people can appreciate my stuff! :D

Well, I updated this monster. [1] Alas, I decided to add some extra stuff. (Starting with Prester John's kingdom: see lower left of list. And of course need to get some more Lovecraft stuff in... :) ). As I said, maybe by 2017 this will be done.

Any suggestions on making it more readable? It's cumbersome now, and will only get worse as I update the notes.

imaginary_places_by_quantumbranching-d8iclma.png

[1] Crazy enough to try to fit as much as possible from here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53086.The_Dictionary_of_Imaginary_Places

(Well, the older edition. Darn, now I have to get the new one...)

Well, I updated this monster. [1] Alas, I decided to add some extra stuff. (Starting with Prester John's kingdom: see lower left of list. And of course need to get some more Lovecraft stuff in... :) ). As I said, maybe by 2017 this will be done.

Any suggestions on making it more readable? It's cumbersome now, and will only get worse as I update the notes.

[1] Crazy enough to try to fit as much as possible from here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53086.The_Dictionary_of_Imaginary_Places

(Well, the older edition. Darn, now I have to get the new one...)

Love that book. I have a first print edition that I bought back in the 80's. I've read it so many times that the spine has finally cracked. I should look into getting a newer edition myself.

Great map, as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.