Map of the Fortnight: Main thread

Krall

Banned
The voting for MotM 3 is over! And, as promised, here are the results:

gWIK9Su.png

This is ToixStory's first MotF (well, MotM) win, and given the quality of her entry I doubt it'll be her last! The resource map section of her entry was particularly good in my opinion, with great colour choices and an amazing level of detail that makes it look like a real, professional map. Well done, ToixStory!

3VagV3b.png

Martin23230's follow-up to his now four-year-old map of a surviving Cromwellian Commonwealth shows the exiled Stuarts' Kingdom of Maryland in great detail, complete with numerous excellent maps and flags for each of the Kingdom's provinces.

AoZF70t.png

Like ToixStory UpvoteAnthology's entry depicts an alternate West Africa in great detail - this time showing an independent Northern Nigeria, complete with a full Wikipedia article worthy of the site itself!​

Thank you everyone who entered - let's hope future MotM and MotF rounds are this good! :D

Krall

Banned
So what challenges would you all like to see for MotF 124? Remember you can resuggest challenges you've seen from within this thread or ones from the Wiki list, as well as suggest any new ideas you have. :)

So I have an entry idea, but thanks to academia and the Norwegian local elections, I've barely started work on it as of now. Would anyone else be open to extending this round?

I would resuggest this one from a couple of pages ago:

Urban Guerrilla Warfare

Create a map depicting a city plagued by guerrilla warfare between different factions; rebel and government, or otherwise, and the turf controlled by each force. Think along the lines of IRA vs. British state forces in Belfast, or the battle between FSA and Assad loyalists within Aleppo or Damascus.

ALSO, what are the thoughts about doing an explicitly ASB or Fantasy or Sci-fi challenge once?

We've done several explicitly ASB/Fantasy/Sci-fi challenges in the past, so more suggestions of that sort are welcome! :)

Perhaps something ala

It came from Space!

Make a map in a setting where there's an invasion or expansion of something non-human (ala the Fae, The Thing, zombies, evil alien skeleton castles). It can have non fantastical things (invasive species or the Spread of Beatlemania) but the focus should be on scifi/fantasy.

The Dreams of The Ancients

Create a map of a post-post-apocalypse, where society has begun to rebuild, and the works of those pre-apocalypse are fading into legend and myth.

Krall

Banned
The Dreams of The Ancients

Create a map of a post-post-apocalypse, where society has begun to rebuild, and the works of those pre-apocalypse are fading into legend and myth.

I believe we ran almost this exact challenge for MotF 15:

Long After the End...

Make a map showing a post-apocalyptic Earth or part of a post-apocalyptic Earth where society has redeveloped along different cultural and technological lines.

That was literally years ago though, so running the same (or a similar) challenge again is definitely possible!