Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is terrifying. Especially since it implies fifties-sixties brutalism is a malevolent architectural ideology that preys on timelines even with such an early POD...

I've just been watching this. Strikes me such barbarism - such 'malevolent architectural ideology' - might readily emerge anywhere, to be treated like whack-a-mole but woebetide if you fail to give the mole a good whacking.

(For the uninterested this gives the basics of what I'm whinging about)

The Battle of Hell's Bells was the largest tank battle to be fought since the end of the Third World War, and was one of the decisive battles of the Ionian Mutiny. The Mutineers had managed to win many early battles due to surprise, but over the course of 2125, the Loyalists began to gather strength as reinforcements began to arrive from off-world. The Mutineers had hoped to score an early victory to avoid this but they failed to land a knock out punch. The battle was fought during the Drive to Omaha campaign, with Omaha being a center of Mutineer activity in the area. Mutineer armored divisions under Mulkishar Black and Tizqar Abraham had been moving north from Omaha towards Little Creek in an attempt to nip a Loyalist drive in the bud, but the Loyalists had learned of their intentions early on--Mutineer codes and encryption had been broken. The bulk of the Loyalist forces moved south to meet the Mutineers, catching them completely off guard. The resulting battle has often been referred to as "apocalyptic" or as "hell on Earth". It was fought in the middle of the desert--it name derives from the sound of tank shells rebounding off armor--where temperatures could exceed 110° F (43° C) during the day but plummet as low as 25° F (-4° C) at night. Both sides made extensive use of chemical and biological weapons, forcing soldiers to fight in full NBC gear even in the full heat of the day (there have been rumored though unconfirmed and outright denied use of tactical nuclear warheads during the battle). Despite being outnumbered on the ground, the Loyalists made use of superior tactics, leadership and air superiority to inflict massive losses on the Mutineers, giving them a decisive and overwhelming victory. The Mutineers lost a significant portion of their armored forces and their airpower during the battle, while the Loyalists seized the momentum and continued moving south.

PBgLlRI.png

NothingNow

Banned
So yeah, the new version of this looks better and is generally more descriptive in horrifying ways.

...But the M920 is an IOTL Centurion.

An infobox loosely based on the excellent Shared Worlds game To Toss the Gauntlet at the Feet of Tyranny.

l7nf861.png

Last edited:
Nice infobox Michael; Only recently after reading a lot of your stories on the Writer's forum have I realised that actually, even in the 22nd Century AJND is Not Very Nice. I'm kind of embarrassed that it took that long for me to realise this.

Well, I'm honored. I see this is an alt-version of the 1992 election?

That's the idea, yeah. I was trying to correct the farcical convention that went down that year, which while fun for Shared Worlds game is very unrealistic.

You forgot to change the number of electoral votes needed to win.

Corrected. Do you like the idea?

The Battle of Hell's Bells was the largest tank battle to be fought since the end of the Third World War, and was one of the decisive battles of the Ionian Mutiny. The Mutineers had managed to win many early battles due to surprise, but over the course of 2125, the Loyalists began to gather strength as reinforcements began to arrive from off-world. The Mutineers had hoped to score an early victory to avoid this but they failed to land a knock out punch. The battle was fought during the Drive to Omaha campaign, with Omaha being a center of Mutineer activity in the area. Mutineer armored divisions under Mulkishar Black and Tizqar Abraham had been moving north from Omaha towards Little Creek in an attempt to nip a Loyalist drive in the bud, but the Loyalists had learned of their intentions early on--Mutineer codes and encryption had been broken. The bulk of the Loyalist forces moved south to meet the Mutineers, catching them completely off guard. The resulting battle has often been referred to as "apocalyptic" or as "hell on Earth". It was fought in the middle of the desert--it name derives from the sound of tank shells rebounding off armor--where temperatures could exceed 110° F (43° C) during the day but plummet as low as 25° F (-4° C) at night. Both sides made extensive use of chemical and biological weapons, forcing soldiers to fight in full NBC gear even in the full heat of the day (there have been rumored though unconfirmed and outright denied use of tactical nuclear warheads during the battle). Despite being outnumbered on the ground, the Loyalists made use of superior tactics, leadership and air superiority to inflict massive losses on the Mutineers, giving them a decisive and overwhelming victory. The Mutineers lost a significant portion of their armored forces and their airpower during the battle, while the Loyalists seized the momentum and continued moving south.
That's one hell of infobox, Archangel Michael. Hell's Bells sounds terrifying and holy shit, those casualty numbers.

Nice infobox Michael; Only recently after reading a lot of your stories on the Writer's forum have I realised that actually, even in the 22nd Century AJND is Not Very Nice. I'm kind of embarrassed that it took that long for me to realise this.

There's a lot of existential terror and horror that doesn't come through well in this context--which tends to happen when the closest thing to a god the universe has is a suicidally depressed lesbian.

That's one hell of infobox, Archangel Michael. Hell's Bells sounds terrifying and holy shit, those casualty numbers.

The Mutineers were unprepared and poorly trained for chemical and biological warfare during the Battle, and the government forces weren't too keen on taking too many prisoners.

(12) CLASH OF THE Telegenic Photogenic Vacuities. (Tough, abrasive, dynamic, modernising, silvery grey hair, abrasive, trains run on time...)

Brit_Pres_1992_Natprimaries.png
Brit_Pres_1992_Popprimaries.png

Thande

Donor
Ah yes, the Wolfsons, the reason why it's impossible to find anything in Cambridge because bloody everything is named after them. I was once told to attend a supervision in Wolfson Court. There are three of them!

Ah yes, the Wolfsons, the reason why it's impossible to find anything in Cambridge because bloody everything is named after them. I was once told to attend a supervision in Wolfson Court. There are three of them!

Just the sort to start throwing their cash about in presidential contests if they'd the chance. Though you might not like my further post - GDBC!

Finishing the American Brazil series! 80 years of Bramerican elections! :D

I created an image with all the candidates infoboxes, but it was too big to be posted, so here's the 4 Vargas elections that where missing.

Getúlio Vargas/João Pessoa x Washington Luís/Melo Viana
Getúlio Vargas/João Pessoa x Milton Campos/Henrique Aristides Guilhem
Getúlio Vargas/Gustavo Capanema x Assis Chateaubriand/Afonso Camargo
Getúlio Vargas/José Américo de Almeida x Roberto Simonsen/João Vilas Boas
José Américo de Almeida/Pedro Ludovico x Roberto Simonsen/Nereu Ramos x Filinto Müller/Augusto Maynard
Eurico Gaspar Dutra/Carlos Lacerda x Osvaldo Aranha/Sebastião Archer
Eurico Gaspar Dutra/Carlos Lacerda x Osvaldo Aranha/Rui Carneiro
Juscelino Kubitschek/Antônio Balbino x Carlos Lacerda/Artur Bernardes Filho
Antônio Balbino/Miguel Couto Filho x Afonso Arinos/Abreu Sodré
Carlos Lacerda/Ademar de Barros x Miguel Couto Filho/Guido Mondin x Plinio Salgado/Augusto Rademaker
Carlos Lacerda/Ademar de Barros x Leonel Brizola/Evandro Lins e Silva
Miguel Arraes/Paulo Brossard x Magalhães Pinto/Bernardo Cabral
Roberto Campos/Antônio Carlos Magalhães x Miguel Arraes/Paulo Brossard x Álvaro Valle/Paulo Pimentel
Roberto Campos/Antônio Carlos Magalhães x Paulo Brossard/Bete Mendes
Antônio Carlos Magalhães/Fernando Collor x Miro Teixeira/Franco Montoro
Fernando Henrique Cardoso/Itamar Franco x Antônio Carlos Magalhães/Fernando Collor x Antônio Ermírio de Morais/Leônidas Pires
Fernando Henrique Cardoso/Itamar Franco x Bernardo Cabral/Romeu Tuma x Antônio Ermírio de Morais/Mangabeira Unger
Luís Eduardo Magalhães/José Roberto Arruda x Itamar Franco/Tasso Jereissati
Luís Eduardo Magalhães/José Roberto Arruda x Eduardo Suplicy/Eduardo Campos
Marina Silva/Ciro Gomes x Marco Maciel/Kátia Abreu
Marina Silva/Ciro Gomes x Aécio Neves/Indio da Costa

vargas.png

Status
Not open for further replies.