沒有國民黨就沒有中國, Without the Kuomintang there would be no China, A Republic of China Story

The mention of some Communists fleeing to North Korea makes me wonder how the Korean War will play out ITTL without a communist superpower backing the North and Chiang presumably too distracted by attempts at democratization and anti-corruption to get involved either way.

By the way, will the Gloster CXP-1001 actually get built iTTL?
9SheZpa.gif

The mention of some Communists fleeing to North Korea makes me wonder how the Korean War will play out ITTL without a communist superpower backing the North and Chiang presumably too distracted by attempts at democratization and anti-corruption to get involved either way.
There is also the possibility of Kim not wanting to provoke the Chinese, and so he decides to hold off from invading out of fear of China attacking from behind.

There is also the possibility of Kim not wanting to provoke the Chinese, and so he decides to hold off from invading out of fear of China attacking from behind.
All I can say is there there is no Korean War in the 1950s.
By the way, will the Gloster CXP-1001 actually get built iTTL?
Yes.

If I recall correctly, South Korea otl has a high opinion of Chiang, considering that the ROC helped host the Korean Liberation Army during ww2 and that Chiang stated in that in the Cairo declaration that Korean independence was one of the goals of the war. As such, I think that South Korean-ROC relations will be very friendly, especially since they also both hate communism.

Also, I wonder if Kim Gu's assassination in 1949 is averted? Kim Koo was Korea's major independence activist and his political party was inspired by the KMT and the Three Principles of the People, and he was also a candidate for president of South Korea.
Kim Gu was stated as being Pro-Chiang Kai Shek and Anti-American.
Also Kim Koo's political party the Korean Independence Party maintained a similar platform to the Kuomintang inspired by Sun Yat-sen's Three Principles of the People.
Also, South Korea had its own version of the Three Principles of the People called the Three Principles of Equality

Last edited:
Important Government Officials, 1948
President: Chiang Kai-shek
Home Province: Zhejiang

Chiang_Kai-shek%EF%BC%88%E8%94%A3%E4%B8%AD%E6%AD%A3%EF%BC%89.jpg

Vice President: Li Zongren
Home Province: Guangxi

%E6%9D%8E%E5%AE%97%E4%BB%81%E6%88%8E%E8%A3%9D%E7%85%A7.jpg

Premier: Weng Wenhao
Home Province: Zhejiang

1643569137546.jpeg

Vice Premier: Gu Mengyu
Home Province: Hebei

1643569175166.jpeg

Minister of the Interior: Chang Li-sheng

1643569201126.jpeg

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Wang Shijie
Home Province: Hubei

1643569330604.jpeg

Minister of Defense: He Yingqin
Home Province: Guizhou

1643569359876.jpeg

Minister of Finance: Wang Yunwu
Home Province: Jiangsu (Shanghai)

1643569379626.jpeg

President of the Legislative Yuan: Sun Fo
Home Province: Guangdong

1643569444283.jpeg

President of the Judicial Yuan: Wang Chung-hui

1643569478376.jpeg

President of the Examination Yuan: Chang Po-ling

1643569561728.jpeg

President of the Control Yuan: Yu Youren
Home Province: Shaanxi

1643569605683.jpeg

That said, I am curious to see relations between Nationalist China and South Korea.
If I recall correctly, South Korea otl has a high opinion of Chiang, considering that the ROC helped host the Korean Liberation Army during ww2 and that Chiang stated in that in the Cairo declaration that Korean independence was one of the goals of the war. As such, I think that South Korean-ROC relations will be very friendly, especially since they also both hate communism.
Also, I wonder if Kim Koo's assassination in 1949 is averted? Kim Koo was Korea's major independence activist and his political party was inspired by the KMT and the Three Principles of the People, and he was also a candidate for president of South Korea.
Kim Gu was stated as being Pro-Chiang Kai Shek and Anti-American.
Also Kim Koo's political party the Korean Independence Party maintained a similar platform to the Kuomintang inspired by Sun Yat-sen's Three Principles of the People.
Also, South Korea had its own version of the Three Principles of the People called the Three Principles of Equality
China and South Korea are on good terms. And it's funny that you mention Kim Gu, since the next chapter (which I've mostly finished) is about the international relations of China has a section about some of the political parties that the Kuomintang supports around the world.

If Chiang wins the Chinese Civil War by 1950 this means there's no North Korea. Nationalist Chinese troops could infiltrate North Korea over the Yalu if they declared war on South Korea

If Chiang wins the Chinese Civil War by 1950 this means there's no North Korea. Nationalist Chinese troops could infiltrate North Korea over the Yalu if they declared war on South Korea
North Korea will still exist, but they just won't invade South Korea.

What exactly is the role of the Premier? I thought they were the head of the legislature, but that has its own President.
The Premier is appointed by the President and presides over the Legislative Yuan. The office itself is part of the Executive Yuan, however.

There are a lot of positions in the Republic of China government, and there were a lot of cabinet positions I left out.

China and South Korea are on good terms. And it's funny that you mention Kim Gu, since the next chapter (which I've mostly finished) is about the international relations of China has a section about some of the political parties that the Kuomintang supports around the world.
Will the "Vietnamese Kuomintang"/VNQDD be mentioned?