沒有國民黨就沒有中國, Without the Kuomintang there would be no China, A Republic of China Story

IIRC I had Britain sell China some ships a few decades ago.

I'll get to that eventually, but to be honest I haven't figured that out yet.

My Philipines and Epilogue chapters discuss this a little bit.

Iraq invaded Kuwait with Soviet backing in the 1980s and conquered it.

You are correct.
Well that butterflies quite a lot of things. So since the Gulf War didint happened, TTL China has the most experience in fighting a conventional war against a modern opponent outside of the Soviet Union own civil war.

So it seems like Iraq is looking to be a regional powerhouse in the Middle East as opposed to being curbstomped by the USA and her Allies in OTL.

It's amazing that you made China democratize process following the OTL Taiwan. But I still kinda of doubt that China could do the same like Taiwan, population, geography would be crucial factors after all. We never know 🤔

It's amazing that you made China democratize process following the OTL Taiwan. But I still kinda of doubt that China could do the same like Taiwan, population, geography would be crucial factors after all. We never know 🤔
I didn't think that would be too hard for China to democratize when both the Mainland area and the Taiwan area are equally ruled by the same government of the Republic of China
and the idea of Sun Yat-sen was that if you give the people the proper education about democracy to prepare the citizens for a future where China would be a constitutional democracy the result in the end would be that they will be both responsible citizens and defenders of this new democracy
Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

I didn't think that would be too hard for China to democratize when both the Mainland area and the Taiwan area are equally ruled by the same government of the Republic of China
and the idea of Sun Yat-sen was that if you give the people the proper education about democracy to prepare the citizens for a future where China would be a constitutional democracy the result in the end would be that they will be both responsible citizens and defenders of this new democracy
Maybe I'm being too optimistic.
I went back and forth on this. On one hand most of TTL China is much poorer and less educated than OTL Taiwan. On the other hand the KMT has less excuses to postpone democratization than they did in Taiwan (a Communist rebellion that consists of a few attacks per year that are usually far from the major population centers in a massive country is less of an emergency than a Communist rebellion that controls all of Mainland China).

I went back and forth on this. On one hand most of TTL China is much poorer and less educated than OTL Taiwan. On the other hand the KMT has less excuses to postpone democratization than they did in Taiwan (a Communist rebellion that consists of a few attacks per year that are usually far from the major population centers in a massive country is less of an emergency than a Communist rebellion that controls all of Mainland China).
That said, I fon’t think it’d be long for TTL China to catch up and become successful and invest in education.

I think the pace you set things at was appropriate; after all, the KMT can always invent new excuses and vanguard parties always begin to associate themselves with the state itself, as the title of the TL implicates

How's Mao's reputation be like? It would get better and better than OTL undoubtedly, he won't be put in the dictator group, standing with Hitler and Stalin. But I still wanna know how's TL textbook saying about him?

How's Mao's reputation be like? It would get better and better than OTL undoubtedly, he won't be put in the dictator group, standing with Hitler and Stalin. But I still wanna know how's TL textbook saying about him?
Before 1990:

Unambiguously evil to all except the most hardcore anti-KMT folks.

After 1990:

Generally seen as a bad guy, but now some are starting to say that he was a different type of Communist than the Soviets or North Koreans and wouldn't have created an authoritarian regime.

Before 1990:

Unambiguously evil to all except the most hardcore anti-KMT folks.

After 1990:

Generally seen as a bad guy, but now some are starting to say that he was a different type of Communist than the Soviets or North Koreans and wouldn't have created an authoritarian regime.
People from TTL are so lucky ,they never knew Mao would worse and worse than Hitler and Stalin. Sad😔

One question:Was there any change in the government structure of the North Korean provinces after Kim Jong-il was deposed and is the new structure similar to the government structure of the South Korean provinces?

One question:Was there any change in the government structure of the North Korean provinces after Kim Jong-il was deposed and is the new structure similar to the government structure of the South Korean provinces?
As of 1997, North Korea is run as a military dictatorship in transition to democracy. Every provincial governor is someone appointed by the central government. However, elections are being held at the local level, and will be held at the provincial and federal level soon.

As of 1997, North Korea is run as a military dictatorship in transition to democracy. Every provincial governor is someone appointed by the central government. However, elections are being held at the local level, and will be held at the provincial and federal level soon.
North Korea and South Korea are both unitary states just like the Republic of China itself so using the word "national level" instead of the word "federal level" would avoid confusion.

Because while there have been certain special laws that were made to only apply to certain regions which in the case of the Republic of China was exemplified by martial law lasting until the 1990s in Kinmen,these laws were created within the framework of a unitary state.

North Korea and South Korea are both unitary states just like the Republic of China itself so using the word "national level" instead of the word "federal level" would avoid confusion.

Because while there have been certain special laws that were made to only apply to certain regions which in the case of the Republic of China was exemplified by martial law lasting until the 1990s in Kinmen,these laws were created within the framework of a unitary state.
Yeah, I guess it's that I'm kind of stuck in an American mindset. Also, one of the political movements that will emerge in the 90s in TTL China will be a movement that seeks to make China a federal rather than unitary state (this will be popular in Taiwan, Xinjiang, Tibet, etc.).

Yeah, I guess it's that I'm kind of stuck in an American mindset. Also, one of the political movements that will emerge in the 90s in TTL China will be a movement that seeks to make China a federal rather than unitary state (this will be popular in Taiwan, Xinjiang, Tibet, etc.).
I can see why it would be popular in Tibet and Xinjiang I really don't see why it would be that popular in Taiwan. Nor can I ever see Taiwan, Tibet, and Xinjiang ever having either the economic, military, or demographic leverage to make federal China a reality.

I can see why it would be popular in Tibet and Xinjiang I really don't see why it would be that popular in Taiwan. Nor can I ever see Taiwan, Tibet, and Xinjiang ever having either the economic, military, or demographic leverage to make federal China a reality.
Well, I do plan on it being a very minor party, with Lee Teng-hui being a major figure within it.