沒有國民黨就沒有中國, Without the Kuomintang there would be no China, A Republic of China Story

Excited to see this TL continue! Anyway some thoughts.

I am not surprised that the new NK leaders desperately want to join South Korea and I Ann for it but it looks like they are handling it in a Romania-Moldova situation rather than Germany for now.

Also on India. I have Indian friends who tell me that the consensus in India in regards to China is disappointment. If only China wasn’t Communist and encroaching on their territory, they could be great partners against the West for Asia to rise. With this in mind I honestly think that this democratic China could find a great partner in India for Pan-Asian cooperation against the Western world order.

Excited to see this TL continue! Anyway some thoughts.

I am not surprised that the new NK leaders desperately want to join South Korea and I Ann for it but it looks like they are handling it in a Romania-Moldova situation rather than Germany for now.

Also on India. I have Indian friends who tell me that the consensus in India in regards to China is disappointment. If only China wasn’t Communist and encroaching on their territory, they could be great partners against the West for Asia to rise. With this in mind I honestly think that this democratic China could find a great partner in India for Pan-Asian cooperation against the Western world order.
China's getting along well with India now. Some hardcore Chinese nationalists are upset that India controls land claimed by China, however.
Glad to see this continued.

Liking this look at how China is capitalizing on the Soviet collapse, and can't wait to see what happens when they hit the new century.
Will get to it, don't know when though.

So what is TTL China Military like? What kind of equipment do they use in comparison to OTL? Also what the status of their navy? Givent that TTL ROCN has been busy building up it navy to become a true blue water fleet to rival the US since the 1950s in contrast to OTL PRC neglecting till the 2010s, I assume TTL China navs is going to be bigger and more well developed.

Curiously, the CCP and the Kuomintang were united in their devotion to Wuxia. As a result, the center of development was the British Hong Kong.
That is actually interesting. Well he mentioned a bit about the popular film genres when he was cover the entertainment industry up to the late 1980s. Is the trend of starting the 1990s diverged massively ITTL when compared to IOTL, probably yes.

BTW, IOTL the Shaw Brothers involvement in the film industry were gradually declining throughout the 1970s and 1980s, eventually closing down their film operations in the 1990s, and selling their Hong Kong film collections to Celestial Pictures (which is owned by a Malaysian media company)............
There is a (apparently short) rant incoming, but I have to give (an extremely long) context. The Shaw Brothers also had a considerable footing on the Singapore and Malaysia film industry from the 1940s till the 1980s, most notably in the form of films produced, directed or (,but usually and) starring P.Ramlee, made during the late 1950s till his death in 1973. Unfortunately, due to some circumstances as shown by this documentary (but probably not fully due to a reason I will mention later,)he died a relatively poor man after years of producing relatively bad and low-budgeted films with the Shaw owned Merdeka Studio. In the end, those films were, (and for some reason [when look on the big picture, very odd] )still is owned by the Shaw Organisation. In 2000, Astro, the media company that (still) hold a monopoly on satellite television in Malaysia, bought the aforementioned Hong Kong film collection, established Celestial Pictures and maintains close relations with the Shaw Organisation (and getting a naming rights agreement apparently) , but not acquiring the films that were produced in Malaysia(under the aforementioned Merdeka Studio) and Singapore (under the Malay Film Productions, including films during P.Ramlee's hey day). Guess who partly owned the channel that commission and show the documentary at the time (I wonder if the documentary had hidden something regarding this). The fact that this whole mess , from the start till the present day, somehow happens is a bit infuriating for me.
.......but TLDR, retaining the Malay film collections, which is odd to put it in the best of terms.

Last edited:
That is actually interesting. Well he mentioned a bit about the popular film genres when he was cover the entertainment industry up to the late 1980s. Is the trend of starting the 1990s diverged massively ITTL when compared to IOTL, probably yes.
Well, that still depends on whether Hong Kong will be reunited with China. Do not forget that over time, both Republics of China reconsidered their attitude towards the genre - especially considering that Wuxia is usually very nationalistic, and modern Chinese nationalism is based on the idea of "The Oldest Nation on Earth".

Well, that still depends on whether Hong Kong will be reunited with China. Do not forget that over time, both Republics of China reconsidered their attitude towards the genre - especially considering that Wuxia is usually very nationalistic, and modern Chinese nationalism is based on the idea of "The Oldest Nation on Earth".
That’s not a whether. It’s a given that China will get Hong Kong back. The Communists got it there’s no way a democratic China wont

Well, that still depends on whether Hong Kong will be reunited with China.
Err, you do realized that timeline wise, we had already past the point of handover right?
That’s not a whether. It’s a given that China will get Hong Kong back. The Communists got it there’s no way a democratic China wont
Agreed, the only thing that could be changed is there was an early handover, with the way it were achieved could leave an considerable impact on the culture and psyche of the Chinese people.

So what is TTL China Military like? What kind of equipment do they use in comparison to OTL? Also what the status of their navy? Givent that TTL ROCN has been busy building up it navy to become a true blue water fleet to rival the US since the 1950s in contrast to OTL PRC neglecting till the 2010s, I assume TTL China navs is going to be bigger and more well developed.
I haven't determined what equipment they'll have going forward, but right now they're generally slightly behind the US when it comes to military technology. Currently their navy is the second largest in the world (with the US being first).
How are the boundaries of the Korean provinces will be affected in the case of reunification?
They might be affected, I haven't figured that out yet.

I haven't determined what equipment they'll have going forward, but right now they're generally slightly behind the US when it comes to military technology. Currently their navy is the second largest in the world (with the US being first).
The arms and equipment they would use would probably mirror OTL. Or maybe modify existing designs from Lend Lease equipment.

The arms and equipment they would use would probably mirror OTL. Or maybe modify existing designs from Lend Lease equipment.
Their navy’s origins and ’starting ships’ were probably rather like OTL India - Britain, as OTL, will have had a lot of warships it wanted to get rid of, and I can see China snapping them up :p Especially light carriers. Though of course, ultimately moving to make their own more modern versions.

Without the PRC and the ROC taking its place, then I wonder how communist movements in Asia and Africa will go on. Remember that the PRC supported the CMP in Malaya, the Huks/NPA in the Philippines, the Thai Communist Party, and African Independence movements.

They might be affected, I haven't figured that out yet.
Well that a whole lot stronger than OTL China in the 1990s. And a lot more experienced given their recent war with North Korea who probably had a relatively modern military thanks to the soviet aid them up until the last few year when they had collasped.

Has the Gulf war happened yet?

And what about economy? I assume they are already going to be much stronger compared to OTL in that regard.

Their navy’s origins and ’starting ships’ were probably rather like OTL India - Britain, as OTL, will have had a lot of warships it wanted to get rid of, and I can see China snapping them up :p Especially light carriers. Though of course, ultimately moving to make their own more modern versions.
IIRC I had Britain sell China some ships a few decades ago.
I'd be interested in developments around the world. The European project mainly.
I'll get to that eventually, but to be honest I haven't figured that out yet.
Without the PRC and the ROC taking its place, then I wonder how communist movements in Asia and Africa will go on. Remember that the PRC supported the CMP in Malaya, the Huks/NPA in the Philippines, the Thai Communist Party, and African Independence movements.
My Philipines and Epilogue chapters discuss this a little bit.
Well that a whole lot stronger than OTL China in the 1990s. And a lot more experienced given their recent war with North Korea who probably had a relatively modern military thanks to the soviet aid them up until the last few year when they had collasped.

Has the Gulf war happened yet?
Iraq invaded Kuwait with Soviet backing in the 1980s and conquered it.
And what about economy? I assume they are already going to be much stronger compared to OTL in that regard.
You are correct.