沒有國民黨就沒有中國, Without the Kuomintang there would be no China, A Republic of China Story

Long time lurker, first time post, this timeline is so interesting for me since it touch heavily on what is for me a very interesting topic.
swuv4eD.png

(Chinese celebrities of the 70s and 80s)
Kind of off topic since it only occur to me while reading this part, I wonder if there any companies that was founded by the Chinese diaspora outside the Republic, (like for [perhaps a very obscure] example, Sri Maju express bus company from Malaysia) that would gain a more prominent profile due a KMT China?

P/s: Bonus point if you get the reason why I choose that company as an example (other than the fact I am a Malaysian).

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time post, this timeline is so interesting for me since it touch heavily on what is for me a very interesting topic.

Kind of off topic since it only occur to me while reading this part, I wonder if there any companies that was founded by the Chinese diaspora outside the Republic, (like for [perhaps a very obscure] example, Sri Maju express bus company from Malaysia) that would gain a more prominent profile due a KMT China?

P/s: Bonus point if you get the reason why I choose that company as an example (other than the fact I am a Malaysian).
There certainly would be, though I haven't thought of any yet. I've never actually heard of Sri Maju (I've never been to Malaysia). I have a lot of Chinese friends who have been there and enjoyed it.
Btw how are the Chinese communist rebels doing? Are they fighting in the civil war as well?
They are still around. The original Communists are too old to fight though. Some of them had children and there have been Chinese defectors who have joined them. They'll send a small number of Chinese Communists who go to the USSR to fight.

There certainly would be, though I haven't thought of any yet. I've never actually heard of Sri Maju (I've never been to Malaysia). I have a lot of Chinese friends who have been there and enjoyed it.
It's alright, I mentioned that company due to the fact that its founder (Yeoh Kian Teik) were an active Malaysian Chinese Association member, although not as a prominent person as one of his daughters (which is the reason I decided to quote the aforementioned chapter at my post) turns out to be IOTL.

Edit: Forgot to clarify she is not even in those pictures.

Last edited:
It's alright, I mentioned that company due to the fact that its founder (Yeoh Kian Teik) were an active Malaysian Chinese Association member, although not as a prominent person as one of his daughters (which is the reason I decided to quote the aforementioned chapter at my post) turns out to be IOTL.
Michelle Yeoh? She's actually not in the picture, the three women are Lin Ching-hsia (Brigitte Lin), Teresa Teng, and Gong Li.
Any other "Afro-Tridemists" you see? Maybe Savimbi and UNITA could be influenced by China ITTL?
Savimbi, Bokassa, Museveni, Sese Seko. Mugabe starts out as a Tridemist but drifts towards the Soviets.

九十二, Xinjiang and East Turkestan
On March 15, 1987, Chinese troops crossed into East Turkestan. Chiang Ching-kuo announced that a military operation to liberate the Communist-occupied area of Xinjiang had begun. Within days, the East Turkestan Air Force had been almost completely neutralized. East Turkestan forces had little protection from being killed from the air. The war soon became a retreat to Yining as President Saifuddin Azizi ordered troops to fall back to the capital. Calls to Moscow and Ulaanbaatar for aid were understandably ignored. Meanwhile, paratroopers quickly captured towns in the North. On the 27th over 25,000 East Turkestan soldiers surrendered to the Chinese Army after at Gongliu a half-hour of fighting. Overwhelming Chinese numerical superiority and abandonment by the Soviet Union meant that morale was extremely low.

1664899195870.jpeg

(Saifuddin Azizi)

On April 3, after two days of fighting, East Turkestani forces abandoned Yining. General Zhao Wenfu led Chinese forces into the capital of East Turkestan. Communist symbols were destroyed or defaced. Some locals, whether out of genuine pro-China sentiment, hatred of Communism, or a desire to be on the good side of their new rulers, joined in the destruction of Communist symbols. The locals were told that they were free, and that they were Chinese citizens now. President Azizi and his forces were chased into the Soviet Union, where they fought one final skirmish at the city of Korgas on the 8th. Soviet soldiers watched from across the border but they could do nothing. Some East Turkestani forces remained, and they fought on for a few more days until surrendering. The war was declared over on April 11, less than one month before it began.

1664899278365.jpeg

(ROC soldiers)

There were three responses to the Chinese invasion and occupation of what was once East Turkestan. The first was support, or at least acceptance. The second was to oppose China and support the East Turkestan government in exile, which would establish itself at Alma-ata. The third was to oppose China and fight to make Xinjiang an independent Islamic republic. The second group was still significant in 1987, and border raids from East Turkestan soldiers who had fled into the Soviet Union (and some into Mongolia) were common. However, this group would become less and less relevant, and would mostly disappear by 2000. On the other hand, the third group would grow more powerful with time.

A Soviet civil war... didn't see that coming, and I'm sure that we'll be seeing the ramifications for a long time. I mean, we already are with China seizing East Turkestan, but I meant beyond that.

the Evil Empire is collapsing before our eyes, soon there will be a new border between China and Poland on the Urals :)
I'm not quite sure where a Polish/Chinese border would have to be to have the two countries end up with Russians as an equal percentagewise in their new country, but I *think* it is not only west of the Urals, it may be west of Moscow... Poland already had an experience when they were a minority (or close to it) in their own country after WWI.

And poor Russians, two civil wars in a century
Neither the Russians or the Uighurs can catch a break,it seems that even in a timeline where the Kuomintang is victorious in the Chinese Civil War the Russians and the Uighurs can't catch a break.

Last edited:
Neither the Russians or the Uighurs can catch a break,it seems that even in a timeline where the Kuomintang is victorious in the Chinese Civil War the Russian and the Uighurs can't catch a break.
The Russians are one thing but the Uighur are another altogether. East Turkestan is not all of Xinjiang and the Xinjiang Uyghurs have had a very good life compared to the ‘independent’ Uyghurs in East Turkestan living under a Communist regime.

The Russians are one thing but the Uighur are another altogether. East Turkestan is not all of Xinjiang and the Xinjiang Uyghurs have had a very good life compared to the ‘independent’ Uyghurs in East Turkestan living under a Communist regime.
I fixed the spelling error in my original quote.

Except that the Uighurs in East Turkestan had a chance, in the case of the Iron Curtain collapsing, of building their own truly independent state- just as Mongolia did, freed of the Soviets.

It doesn't matter whether the Uighurs in Xinjiang have it better than their counterparts across the border, they're still a colonised people subject to vicious imperialism. The fact that colonial regime is not as genocidal as in our timeline is entirely irrelevant.

Except that the Uighurs in East Turkestan had a chance, in the case of the Iron Curtain collapsing, of building their own truly independent state- just as Mongolia did, freed of the Soviets.

It doesn't matter whether the Uighurs in Xinjiang have it better than their counterparts across the border, they're still a colonised people subject to vicious imperialism. The fact that colonial regime is not as genocidal as in our timeline is entirely irrelevant.
Vicious imperialism? Genocide? What? The KMT isn’t exactly the most democratic but they’ve been treating the Uyghurs amazingly, guaranteeing their freedom of religion, enshrining their language and culture in Xinjiang region. It is the opposite of genocide. I even made a post a few months ago noting how incredibly well the Uyghurs are being treated by the KMT.

Also East Turkestan is part of the internationally recognised borders of China and was illegally set up by the Soviets. Sorry but I have no sympathy for East Turkestan when China marches in to reclaim its sovereign territory from the communist Soviet puppet. Same reason why I’d support Moldova claiming back Transnistria or Georgia South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Also the post communist recovery was brutal for many countries and Central Asian former communist states all fell into brutal dictatorships and economic hardship. Joining Xinjiang and China with the amazing treatment of China and the economic might of China is hardly a bad deal.