八紘一宇 - Hakkō Ichiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asami

Banned
1. IOTL Edward VIII was rendered infertile by orchitis as a side effect of a case of mumps that he contracted at the Royal Naval College in 1910 - a year before the POD.

This is merely speculative and has never been proven, so I shan't be using it.

2. What are Wellington and Juliana Koo up to ITTL?

Wellington Koo has bounced around during the instability in China-- first he served as a court emissary for President Yuan, ended up being his diplomat to the US and Cuba, defected to the Kuomintang following his establishment of the Second Yuan Empire, fled to French Indochina during the brief reign of the Mad Baron, and ended up settling in Hong Kong after the CSR took over China.

This is merely speculative and has never been proven, so I shan't be using it.

Wellington Koo has bounced around during the instability in China-- first he served as a court emissary for President Yuan, ended up being his diplomat to the US and Cuba, defected to the Kuomintang following his establishment of the Second Yuan Empire, fled to French Indochina during the brief reign of the Mad Baron, and ended up settling in Hong Kong after the CSR took over China.
What about Juliana?

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
I've finally caught up with Hakkō Ichiu after all this time. Asami, I must say that I've been a fan of your work ever since I read Qilai! Qilai! a year or two back, and I've finally come out of lurking to tell you this. Your work has been and will continue to be mildly influential on my own writing, as one of my favorite authors on the site.

I'm not exactly sure what to say right now, as words aren't my specialty except when they are, but your vocal fanbase of timeline followers has increased by one. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Asami

Banned
Yoshio Nishina

He's the leading figure in Japanese nuclear research, spear-heading the Ministry of Research and Development's Nuclear Energy Program. Nobody in this world is really looking into weaponizing the atom, but they're definitely on their way to developing fascinating nuclear technologies-- Conservative estimates within the Japanese government say they'll have a nuclear reactor running within 18 months-- and there's expectations that they'll be able to slowly pair down fossil fuel energy generation from there.

Other nations are involved in the nuclear energy game as well, but the only nations making progress on it are the United Kingdom, Japan and Germany. The US has been very lackadaisical about the whole thing, and the rest of the world either doesn't have the budgets, or is too busy burning to care.

Hideo Itokawa

He's currently heading Japanese jet propulsion technology developments at Nakajima Aircraft Company. He's responsible for the innovations internally that have lead to large fleets of jet fighters beating back the Russians and Indians from the front-lines. His work has spread to other Japanese zaibatsu to boot.

However, he's also working on side projects, particularly, rockets that can leave the Earth's atmosphere-- something that to this point hasn't been done yet.

The US has been very lackadaisical about the whole thing, and the rest of the world either doesn't have the budgets, or is too busy burning to care.

I'm sure that will change after the war is over.

He's responsible for the innovations internally that have lead to large fleets of jet fighters beating back the Russians and Indians from the front-lines.

Are these the Nakajima Kikka jet fighters?

Canadian federal elections, 1943 and 1946

Asami

Banned
1943.png
1946.png

For your perusing pleasure, the 1943 and 1946 Canadian elections. Canada's 1943 election shows the CCF gaining a majority through public confidence in Prime Minister Coldwell. This public confidence really shone in 1946 in which the CCF managed to expand their majority, piggy-backing off of the wave of Canadian national sentiment following her divorce from the British Empire in 1945.

Also, accompanying it, is a pretty little flag change to mark their independence from the British! Hurrah!

Xi Zhongxun and Qi Xin's Fate

Asami

Banned
A quick note:

Xi Zhongxun was arrested for treason against the Chinese Soviet Republic after being accused of participation in Sorelian/Trotskyite counterrevolutionary organizations, and subsequently executed on April 8, 1944.

His new wife, Qi Xin, was also arrested for similar charges, but had her death sentence commuted to life imprisonment without parole-- she is currently remanded to a prison complex in Shanxi.

Asami

Banned
Yoshiko Kawashima

Everyone's favorite little war criminal spy has ultimately ended up serving as a junior officer for the IJA in Manchukuo.

Ma Zhanshan

Formerly one of the highest ranking officers in the Far-Eastern Republic, now one of the highest-ranking officers in Manchukuo. He's rather ambivalent towards the CSR, and is largely anticipating a retirement package before too long.

Everyone's favorite little war criminal spy has ultimately ended up serving as a junior officer for the IJA in Manchukuo.

If she keeps her nose clean, she might live a nice long life instead of getting a bullet to the back of the head like she did in OTL.

A quick note:

Xi Zhongxun was arrested for treason against the Chinese Soviet Republic after being accused of participation in Sorelian/Trotskyite counterrevolutionary organizations, and subsequently executed on April 8, 1944.

His new wife, Qi Xin, was also arrested for similar charges, but had her death sentence commuted to life imprisonment without parole-- she is currently remanded to a prison complex in Shanxi.

So that means Xi Jinping is butterflied out of existence.

Speaking of rocketry, what's von Braun and Korolev doing ITTL?

Was he actually part of such an organization or did he simply piss off the wrong people?

Status
Not open for further replies.