八紘一宇 - Hakkō Ichiu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could make a joke about their apparent disapproval seeming odd coming from the region where traditional dress for men involves leather trousers, but I won’t

Oh I know some people who would be very offended by that statement.

But what's even more offensive is stating that Oktoberfest and lederhosen are "generic German cultural practices" ;).

The Bavarian will smirk and start laughing, all the other Germans gets pissed, and the tourist is standing there puzzled.

But what if you are gay and Prussian?

Friedrich_Zweite_Alt.jpg

Oblique attack tactics ain't exactly straight...

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Depends on what you call progressive. There was a time when Eugenics was considered progressive.
I'm going to give you an opportunity to explain exactly what you mean by this rather than just go by first glance.

Please expand.

Asami

Banned
Good news, I think I may have found the map I made of the world "at the time of WWII breaking out"; I'm pretty sure it's right. But honestly I'm not v. satisfied with some of the stuff I'm looking at. Particularly that red blob in Western Europe.

upload_2018-7-6_19-8-9.png

But yeah--these are the borders at the breakout of the Second Great War.

Can we make a quick recap of the possible sides participating on this Second World War? It's been a while since I read this AH for the last time.

Can we make a quick recap of the possible sides participating on this Second World War? It's been a while since I read this AH for the last time.

Japan and America have a special relationship, if not an actual alliance (yet). Anglo-Japanese Alliance is still a thing, but with the British Empire collapsing in the late 30s, who knows how things will swing. The UK itself will still probably be allies to America and Japan, ditto for Canada and the ANZACS, but the Raj which split off from the rest of the empire is explicitly anti-Japanese. Then there's Germany and Italy. Of those two, Germany is the more trustworthy one, being an actual functioning democracy, plus neither expansionist nor colonialist. Italy though is an ally of convenience for the democracies.

Then there's the Fascists, i.e. Russia, and most of Eastern Europe. Some Central and South American nations are also fascist and may join this bloc.

Then there's the Communists. The Latin People's Union (LPU) include France, Spain, and Portugal. And China, though the Chinese would likely just stay neutral.

Japan and America have a special relationship, if not an actual alliance (yet). Anglo-Japanese Alliance is still a thing, but with the British Empire collapsing in the late 30s, who knows how things will swing. The UK itself will still probably be allies to America and Japan, ditto for Canada and the ANZACS, but the Raj which split off from the rest of the empire is explicitly anti-Japanese. Then there's Germany and Italy. Of those two, Germany is the more trustworthy one, being an actual functioning democracy, plus neither expansionist nor colonialist. Italy though is an ally of convenience for the democracies.

Then there's the Fascists, i.e. Russia, and most of Eastern Europe. Some Central and South American nations are also fascist and may join this bloc.

Then there's the Communists. The Latin People's Union (LPU) include France, Spain, and Portugal. And China, though the Chinese would likely just stay neutral.
Are some of the most hostile powers working on Navy or something? It would pretty cool to see the new IJN in action

Are some of the most hostile powers working on Navy or something? It would pretty cool to see the new IJN in action

Sadly no. Now that you mention it, all the worthwhile navies are on the Allied side.

The Fascists and the Communists are all land beasts though. That said, I'm not too sure how effective the LPU is going to be, since IIRC they favor Human Wave over mobility and firepower.

I'm going to give you an opportunity to explain exactly what you mean by this rather than just go by first glance.

Please expand.

The idea is, people's idea of what is progress can change. What one generation considers progress can, with time, be discovered to not be progress at all. Progressivism, in fact, I suppose, be a self correcting movement. An idea is tried out, then it is discovered to not be progress. That's the general gist of what I was saying. I'm sorry I was not clear.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
The idea is, people's idea of what is progress can change. What one generation considers progress can, with time, be discovered to not be progress at all. Progressivism, in fact, I suppose, be a self correcting movement. An idea is tried out, then it is discovered to not be progress. That's the general gist of what I was saying. I'm sorry I was not clear.
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.