As my grandpappy used to say, "Fight one war at a time, so you can keep track of all the itty bitty parts."
Oh indeed and with the many islands of DEI boy that will be something alright and not to mention the aceh wars still hasnt concluded by this time maybe you could make it more interesting (maybe a javanese american colony in the future? Who knows)

Shared Interest Among The Colonial Administrators

McPherson

Banned
Oh indeed and with the many islands of DEI boy that will be something alright and not to mention the aceh wars still hasnt concluded by this time maybe you could make it more interesting (maybe a javanese american colony in the future? Who knows)
With the mess I foresee, in this ATL, I would think the Americans, Dutch and British would have a common interest in policing the South China Sea, suppressing the smuggling and slave trade and trying to tamp down the internecine local regional warfare.

With the mess I foresee, in this ATL, I would think the Americans, Dutch and British would have a common interest in policing the South China Sea, suppressing the smuggling and slave trade and trying to tamp down the internecine local regional warfare.
Ah balkanised phillipines vibes i sense and a boxer rebellion with german support maybe? (I heard the german once has a plan with the americans to back the chinese) (kinda hoping indonesia ittl wont go down the guided democracy stuff anf suharto but we will see i guess)

Questions Answered III.

McPherson

Banned
Ah balkanised phillipines vibes i sense and a boxer rebellion with german support maybe? (I heard the german once has a plan with the americans to back the chinese) (kinda hoping indonesia ittl wont go down the guided democracy stuff anf suharto but we will see i guess)
As a matter of record, the Philippine Islands were rather factionalized under the Spanish colonial administration. The Illustrados tried to make a unity of the revolution, but internecine politics along social, and regional lines, as well as the externally superimposed caste system, made the politics of the revolution very factional. If there was one positive result of the American colonialist period of misrule, it was a common Filipino identification of "Us" versus "Them" that solidified Filipino nationalism.

I am not well versed on Indonesia, so I cannot comment on the political history of that nation. I would have to refer to something like this?

================================================

I have not scripted that far ahead, but as I "think" there might be a "nasty" world war in progress, the Boxer Rebellion will be folded into it as a subplot.

Last edited:
As a matter of record, the Philippine Islands were rather factionalized under the Spanish colonial administration. The Illustrados tried to make a unity of the revolution, but internecine politics along social, and regional lines, as well as the externally superimposed caste system, made the politics of the revolution very factional. If there was one positive result of the American colonialist period of misrule, it was a common Filipino identification of "Us" versus "Them" that solidified Filipino nationalism.

I am not well versed on Indonesia, so I cannot comment on the political history of that nation. I would have to refer to something like this?

================================================

I have not scripted that far ahead, but as I "think" there might be a "nasty" world war in progress, the Boxer Rebellion will be folded into it as a subplot.
Welp factionalisation will always to well different goals and purposes* (like they say divide and conquer) and interesting i thought the whole "we are better together" is from the spanish rule though again the independence movement that would birth the phillipines was fprmed during the american rule and i always interested to see the boxer rebellion going down a different path if it was a subplot/campaign in the first world war (boy imagine the fallout in the aftermath of that) (and also i can help you with indonesian stuff if you want)

Last edited:
Questions Answered IV.

McPherson

Banned
Welp factionalisation will always to well different goals and record (like they say divide and conquer) and interesting i thought the whole "we are better together" is from the spanish rule though again the independence movement that would birth the phillipines was fprmed during the american rule and i always interested to see the boxer rebellion going down a different path if it was a subplot/campaign in the first world war (boy imagine the fallout in the aftermath of that) (and also i can help you with indonesian stuff if you want)

The Americans arrived in the middle of the Filipino-Spanish War which started in 1896. This case parallels what happens in Cuba at about the same time.

============================================================

I am always eager to learn from someone who knows a subject topic better than I do.

The Americans arrived in the middle of the Filipino-Spanish War which started in 1896. This case parallels what happens in Cuba at about the same time.

I am always eager to learn from someone who knows a subject topic better than I do.
Speaking about that timeline i heard sulu became a us protectorate during this time but considering from the stuff i read i bet there is not much left

Does most of the events in the Philippine islands are the same ITTL?
If yes, they are not really balkanized rather factionalized but united under one leadership for the most part. Under the Aguinaldo government,.

They also have a working democratic government, armed forces and etc.

There Is Some Truth In What We Learn...

McPherson

Banned
Does most of the events in the Philippine islands are the same ITTL?
If yes, they are not really balkanized rather factionalized but united under one leadership for the most part. Under the Aguinaldo government,.

They also have a working democratic government, armed forces and etc.

The Filipinos made a film about their revolution. It is a good faithful one to the actual history of 1899

Today in Filipino History: The Battle of Tirad Pass | EL ...

Aguinaldo had to handle competing factions and he made some hard choices to keep the revolution alive. Sacrificing Goyo was one of those choices. Actually Goyo was becoming a severe political problem and if Aguinaldo chose assassination by Peyton C. March, then so be it.

Unfortunately, Frederic C. Funston was a situation Emilio had not foreseen.

March 23, 1901, General Aguinaldo was captured by the ...

You see, men who had fought in the Cuban Revolution, were incredibly dangerous and wily adversaries to the leader of the Revolution in the Philippine Archipelago.

Last edited:

The Filipinos made a film about their revolution. It is a good faithful one to the actual history of 1899

Today in Filipino History: The Battle of Tirad Pass | EL ...

Aguinaldo had to handle competing factions and he made some hard choices to keep the revolution alive. Sacrificing Goyo was one of those choices. Actually Goyo was becoming a severe political problem and if Aguinaldo chose assassination by Peyton C. March, then so be it.
Goyo is one of the most loyal generals of Aguinaldo, why should he do that. Goyo volunteered to stall the advance of the Americans for Aguinaldo to have time to escape and avoid capture. Then regroup with him. He died on horseback as he try flee the battlefield to go to Aguinaldo as an American sniper hit his neck. And many sources of that are biased because of the American rule and the Recent movies of Goyo and Heneral Luna tarnishing Aguinaldo's image.

Aguinaldo got captured with the help of local mercenaries and guides bribed by the US and they also captured the letters of Aguinaldo to his other generals which might have said his location

Last edited:
War Is A Harsh Brutal Evil Act.

McPherson

Banned
Goyo is one of the most loyal generals of Aguinaldo, why should he do that. Goyo volunteered to stall the advance of the Americans for Aguinaldo to have time to escape and avoid capture. Then regroup with him. He died on horseback as he try flee the battlefield to go to Aguinaldo as an American sniper hit his neck. And many sources of that are biased because of the American rule and the Recent movies of Goyo and Heneral Luna tarnishing Aguinaldo's image.
We have the American accounts. Goyo was not "fleeing". He exposed himself as a leader does to rally the troops and he was shot by Texans who were picked for their skill in seeing such leaders and picking them off. It was war and it was NOT romantic. One did what one had to do. Pilar did his job, all honor to him, and the Texans did their job as they were supposed to do. As for the "guide", Juanario Galut, it was common practice for the US Army of the frontier to analyze the local political schisms among the populations and find a Navajo agent who would help them against the various Apaches in the New Mexico badlands. Thiswas necessitated by the adversary, and terrain. It meant fighting in tough hill country against skillful Native American ambushes in New Mexico, so this situation was nothing new or nefarious or unexpected to the American soldiers. Someone local had to be found who knew the country. Such recruited "scouts" were inducted as soldiers into the American army and were expected to perform and were as (badly) treated as any other American regular soldiers. If the Igorot, in the main, had not had grievances against the Filipino Mestizos, the Aristos and Illustrados, then the Americans would not have been able to recruit volunteers. In a more modern context, there were the Montagnard hill peoples of Vietnam who acted as guides to the Americans against the Viet Cong who mistreated the hill tribesmen and women. To be succinct, Galut and some other American "scouts" (cowboys) had to scarf around almost blind in unfamiliar country before they found the bypass to enfilade the position Goyo chose to defend with some of General Luna's soldiers. I might point out here that Goyo was instrumental in Luna's downfall, so his hands were not "clean", either. He had to apply some real leadership skills to overcome those soldiers' sense of betrayal and their suspicion of HIM.

Aguinaldo got captured with the help of local mercenaries and guides bribed by the US and they also captured the letters of Aguinaldo to his other generals which might have said his location
I am rewatching it. Reminds me of Juarez, the American film about the great Mexican revolutionary and leader who defeated Maximillian. I get the same exact romantic vibe. Aguinaldo was actually taken the same way Goyo was. This is not unusual for the Americans. It was war.

Last edited:
To be succinct, Galut and some American "scouts" had to scarf around almost blind in unfamiliar country before they found the bypass to enfilade the position Goyo chose to defend with some of General Luna's soldiers. I might point out here that Goyo was instrumental in Luna's downfall, so his hands were not "clean" either. He had to apply some real leadership skills to overcome those soldiers' sense of betrayal and their suspicion of HIM.
They are handpicked and Aguinaldo said pick all man that can be spared or the platoon of soldiers are assigned to him by Aguinaldo, if the other source is to be believe
I am rewatching it. Reminds me of Juarez, the American film about the great Mexican revolutionary and leader who defeated Maximillian. I get the same exact romantic vibe. Aguinaldo was actually taken the same way Goyo was. This is not unusual for the Americans. It was war.
It is war anyway so I do agree with you,

Last edited:
Oh yeah btw i heard there are plans for an allience between german,american and the chinese due to the fear of the japanese (with teddy even saying america needed a defeat in land to become much much stronger)