¡Por la Patria, Viva México Fuerte! A Mexican TL

Just caught up (again!) with the TL, and I have to say - I'm pleased. :cool:

Now go ahead and finish up the Civil War series of posts, s'il vous plaît.

Sounds like Gregorio de Cortés will be this Timeline's Christian Equivalent of Paulo Abacar from Malé Rising... I love it!

Slavery is indeed a sin.
And a crime against humanity! May that scourge be purge from this world through the most brutal way possible! (Hopefully by an all-out war between the CSA and/or Brazil against other American Republics).

And a crime against humanity!
I agree.
May that scourge be purge from this world through the most brutal way possible! (Hopefully by an all-out war between the CSA and/or Brazil against other American Republics).
I believe that the Confederacy might be defeated soon and thus end the slavery in North america.
In Brazil, it might require something that helps the emperor and the commoners defeat the pro-slavery elements in the upper classes.

Possible outcome

In all honesty I believe that the confederacy WILL be defeated by the union,
but at the cost of losing all it's pacific ports to the Oregon Republic.

Mexico should send an expeditionary force to liberate her sister nation from the two nefarious Yanqui brothers! Ariba ariba!

Even if the CSA loses, it's certainly looking like the whole "no secession" thing is dead at this point. Both Oregon and Cuba are most likely lost.

Even if the CSA loses, it's certainly looking like the whole "no secession" thing is dead at this point. Both Oregon and Cuba are most likely lost.

Oregon itself is going to be interesting, considering competing British claims which could just as easily be resurrected.

IIRC, Oregon is still in a "joint protectorate" situation where it may vote on joining the British, Americans, or becoming independent (this was mentioned in the treaty that ended the Anglo-American War IIRC). Oregon's secession is presumably 100% legal here.

Makes sense.

@Arkhangelsk - how close are you to finishing the next update?

Just caught up (again!) with the TL, and I have to say - I'm pleased. :cool:

Now go ahead and finish up the Civil War series of posts, s'il vous plaît.

Haha thanks Dan, I'm glad to hear it! :) No worries mi amigo, I'm working on it!

Now all we need is for a future sanction carried out against the Cuban fanatics to include the liberal democracies of the middle east and northern Korea. :p

Let's not forget that bastion of democracy and civil rights that is the Confederation of South America, lol.

Slavery is indeed a sin.

I agree!

Sounds like Gregorio de Cortés will be this Timeline's Christian Equivalent of Paulo Abacar from Malé Rising... I love it!

And a crime against humanity! May that scourge be purge from this world through the most brutal way possible! (Hopefully by an all-out war between the CSA and/or Brazil against other American Republics).

I'n very honored by the comparison, I love Johnathan's timeline (I still need to catch up on all of Male Rising but that's another story), though this does give me interesting ideas regarding American Christianity post-war...hehehe

I agree.
I believe that the Confederacy might be defeated soon and thus end the slavery in North america.
In Brazil, it might require something that helps the emperor and the commoners defeat the pro-slavery elements in the upper classes.

Right! :) After I finish the ACW and the long awaited Mexico updates, I'll follow up on South America. Brazil is still going through some major troubles, but to say the least if I can somehow end slavery earlier there then that's one plus.

In all honesty I believe that the confederacy WILL be defeated by the union,
but at the cost of losing all it's pacific ports to the Oregon Republic.

;)

The odds are probably still against the Confederacy...but this USA is fighting a rather larger CSA with less resources than OTL.

Yes that sounds like a correct assessment.

I'm curious as to Cuba's TTL fate, I don't think the americans will be able to hold it down by this point, and neither could a surviving CSA, since that would entail retaining slavery on the island. Joining Mexico is probably a strong possibility, I can see it as a kind of "reverse Texas" (wins independence from USA/CSA, petitions to Mexico for annexation).

Correct! You bring up an interesting point about Mexican ambitions on the island, though Mexico is still licking its wounds so to speak, so I think total annexation is out of the question. Cuba will however have to pay a price if it wants Mexican military aid. That's not to say however that there aren't imperialists in the Mexican government salivating at the thought of reclaiming "lost territory."

Mexico should send an expeditionary force to liberate her sister nation from the two nefarious Yanqui brothers! Ariba ariba!

Ask and yee shall receive ;)

Yup, trust me it's gonna turn into one BIG mess.

Oregon itself is going to be interesting, considering competing British claims which could just as easily be resurrected.

Indeed, and Anglo-American relations have not quite recovered and the British may see it as a chance to stick it to the US for taking so much of Oregon a generation earlier.

IIRC, Oregon is still in a "joint protectorate" situation where it may vote on joining the British, Americans, or becoming independent (this was mentioned in the treaty that ended the Anglo-American War IIRC). Oregon's secession is presumably 100% legal here.

For the most part yes, Oregon legally has the option to vote for independence if it chooses, though joining the British wasn't in the treaty. I will say however, that and independent Oregon will technically be free to do whatever it wants once it achieves independence, including some sort of arraignment with the British if they so "choose."

Makes sense.

@Arkhangelsk - how close are you to finishing the next update?

I'm about 50% done with it, I've been slowly getting through it, but luckily when I can't focus on writing I work on maps for the TL, it normally gets me in the writing mood again. I also started on the following update so that should help some, hopefully.

Haha thanks Dan, I'm glad to hear it! :) No worries mi amigo, I'm working on it!

Let's not forget that bastion of democracy and civil rights that is the Confederation of South America, lol.

I agree!

I'n very honored by the comparison, I love Johnathan's timeline (I still need to catch up on all of Male Rising but that's another story), though this does give me interesting ideas regarding American Christianity post-war...hehehe

Right! :) After I finish the ACW and the long awaited Mexico updates, I'll follow up on South America. Brazil is still going through some major troubles, but to say the least if I can somehow end slavery earlier there then that's one plus.

;)

Yes that sounds like a correct assessment.

Correct! You bring up an interesting point about Mexican ambitions on the island, though Mexico is still licking its wounds so to speak, so I think total annexation is out of the question. Cuba will however have to pay a price if it wants Mexican military aid. That's not to say however that there aren't imperialists in the Mexican government salivating at the thought of reclaiming "lost territory."

Ask and yee shall receive ;)

Yup, trust me it's gonna turn into one BIG mess.

Indeed, and Anglo-American relations have not quite recovered and the British may see it as a chance to stick it to the US for taking so much of Oregon a generation earlier.

For the most part yes, Oregon legally has the option to vote for independence if it chooses, though joining the British wasn't in the treaty. I will say however, that and independent Oregon will technically be free to do whatever it wants once it achieves independence, including some sort of arraignment with the British if they so "choose."

I'm about 50% done with it, I've been slowly getting through it, but luckily when I can't focus on writing I work on maps for the TL, it normally gets me in the writing mood again. I also started on the following update so that should help some, hopefully.
This is gonna be awesome.

Also, between yours and jycee's timelines... I think we might begin to establish a pattern: the less territory the south gains from Mexico... The sooner the USCW erupts!

Deleted member 67076

This is gonna be awesome.

Also, between yours and jycee's timelines... I think we might begin to establish a pattern: the less territory the south gains from Mexico... The sooner the USCW erupts!

Ive actually heard a discussion here before a year ago that says just that. Because much of the territory gained would be above the Missouri Compromise line, therefore making it that much harder to expand slavery, and thus, keeping the balancing act between the states far more difficult to achieve.

So I guess it's a general agreement, huh? Neat. I guess we can establish a pattern for future TLs here! It's one I'm definitely going for.