Gukpard
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Gukpard

Gukpard

• "They never asked me a favour for the good of the country, just for the good of someone..." Vargas on individualism, a day before his death.
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• "To guarantee order, stability, cohesion and social justice are the objectives of the government, to its success we shall not spare efforts"
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• Sometimes my father remembers of POTUS Gerard Ford, remind him of a ford motors commercial who said "Made like the Americans, chose a Ford"
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• The greatest democratic populists of the 1950s were Vargas, Peron, Odria and a questionable addition is Jimenez, as he was a dictator.
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• "Brazil is like the USA if the South had won the civil war so hard that they annexed the north" - Darcy RIbeiro, sociologist.
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• A irrelevant thing that ruined my day: they killed Huey Long in kaiserreich, and there is nothing that can be done about it.
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• For the last time: Perón was NOT a dictator.
    Ferd42
    How so?
    Gukpard
    Gukpard 1
    He was democratically elected and re-elected. The people from USA believes that he was a dictator since he had a very anti USA presidency.
  • TimTurner

TimTurner

• it sounds great!
    hey, rich cultures tend to produce nice songs, so it shouldn't be surprising Brasil has produced some.
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• One of the most iconical cases was Miguel Costa, he died on a live TV transmission being applauded by the public in 1959, a hero departure.
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• Cont. of the last note, Jango died exiled under a suspicious heart attack. Tanc. Neves died before taking power, we are a people of tragedy.
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• Everyone who ever fought for Brazil had a tragic end. Pedro II was couped, Afonso Pena got crushed, Vargas suicided, JK was exiled...
  • Gukpard

Gukpard

• Sometimes I find the job I do taking on historical footage and posting is worthless, do anyone care about that in Brazil?
  • Ricardolindo

• Ricardolindo
    Francoist Spain was never truly fascist, let alone openly, while during the war years, the Falangists had considerable power, the true leader was always Franco and he was never a fascist, just a conservative/reactionary Catholic nationalist. Hitler, even, said that he was upset that the Spanish Civil War had not resulted in a fascist Spain, just a conservative/reactionary Catholic nationalist one.
    Gukpard
    Gukpard
    It is very dificult to comment here, so let's continue in private. Well:

1- If they liberalize to the point of being unsustainable, they end discarding the school indocrination, that was the main point of the argument. There is also the possibility of a peacefull opening like on some scenarios like Stresa revived.
    Gukpard
    Gukpard 1
    2- I... confess it was a bluff. I also know that Franco is not a fascist but everyone calls him as that here so I was afraid to contest that. Well, Franco was not a fascist, true, but the process of opening began in '47, he removed the autarchy, began opening the economy, approaching america, etc. The point remains that if Fascist italy survived, it would be strong enought for a fazzi bloc.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…