Linbot
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• racnes

• Hey, I recently learned you are the Yan Xishan on YouTube which I shocked actually. I really love your detailed researched videos. Do you planning making a WW1 video? I know you made some and later tagged them as inaccurate (though they are still more accurate than other WW1 mapping videos). Would you think recreating those or making a new one covering all fronts? I'd really love to see that.
    Reactions: Clement Yang
    Linbot
    Linbot 3
    This would be an enormous project which would probably take years to finish. I don't have any plans to make such a video, since there are many things I plan to do before then.

Also, see this:
    Warning
  • qazse

• Apologies if I come off as annoying, but it’s your turn in the Axis & Allies game.
    CalBear
    Stop.

Now.

You are running out pier.
  • qazse

• Apologies if I come off as annoying, but it’s your turn in the Axis & Allies game.
  • qazse

• SirHalifax

SirHalifax

• Just learned you were on the site. Considering that you’re among the holy of holies of mapping, I was shocked.

Small world, huh? Knew you as Yan Xishan, on YouTube.
  • Xasper H.

Xasper H.

• I'll be replying to this with a link to the current progress of the 1911 Qing internals map.
    Some things to note:
    1. Guizhou's internals are a little messy, so it'll take a while until I'm satisfied.
    2. Tannu Uriankhai will be shown in the conventional manner, rather than how it's shown in CHGISv5

If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate them!
    Linbot
    Linbot 1
    Looks great so far.

I'm not sure if your colour scheme provides for this, but maybe it might be helpful to show the governor-generalships (alt.: "viceroyalties") as well?
    Reactions: Kol
    Xasper H.
    Xasper H.
    Does this work?
    Link

Wikipedia says that Xinjiang was added to Shaan-Gan when it was made a province, is that still the case in 1911?
    Linbot
    Linbot
  • Xasper H.

Xasper H.

• Re-redoing the PRC internals for the Q-BAM and Xinjiang is giving a bit of a headache with the XPCC, was wondering if you could help me out?
    The mpas I've found on Wikipedia have led me to some conflicting conclusions, do you know if there are any XPCC Divisions that have been dissolved?
    Linbot
    Linbot 1
    Sorry, I cannot help you at all with this.
  • James the AH Fan

James the AH Fan

• Always wanted to ask you this: How, when, and why did you become interested in Chinese history?
    P.S. I'm sad there aren't many female mappers out there (I've only heard of like 2 or 3 in the few years I've been into AH/maps). You seem to be one of the best mappers overall, in regards to detail + historical accuracy, and very underrated.
    Linbot
    Linbot 2
    It basically all started in 2017 when I was looking at Omniatlas maps of China and decided that I wanted to try my hand at making a series of maps about the Warlord Era myself, since I thought it would be an interesting project and help me learn more about that period of history. So I did some research and drew some maps in GIMP, posted them in the Map Thread, and created the Kolchak's Warlord Atlas thread.
    Linbot
    Linbot 2
    P.S.: This is a reasonably good video on the warlord era made by the only other female mapping youtuber I know:
  • longtimelurker

• I love the name! Also, who is the avi supposed to be? Unless Fate has gone far into the future ...
    Linbot
    Linbot
    My avatar?
    Kol
    Kol
    yes
    Linbot
    Linbot 1
    The avatar I was using at the time was a picture of Kou Yagami, a character from the anime *New Game!*

The avatar I am using presently is a picture of Azusa Aizawa, a character from this
  • Linbot

Linbot

• A year ago I would have certainly removed the middle "A." from my username if given the opportunity, but at this point I feel like it's probably worth keeping. Now, if only I could go back in time and convince myself to not take the name of failed dictator altogether. On the other hand, the shorthand "Kol" is quite endearing. I would in fact rename myself to that, but for the existence of @Kol.
  • Deleted member 107125

• that avatar is staring into my soul
    Linbot
    Linbot
    Let's call it a draw then. You get unsettling Picrews, I get Sour Rin Kagamine.
    Deleted member 107125 1
    I turned myself into a Picrew, Morty! I’m Picrew Rick!
  • Linbot

Linbot

• How can I be Supreme Leader if custom user subtitles have been removed?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…