Dibwys
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• CarnelianClout

CarnelianClout

• Hey do you know a lot about astronomy / stars? I saw you posting on the forums and am wondering if you can take a look at an idea I have.
    Dibwys
    Dibwys
    I know a good bit, and I know where to look things up. What is your idea?
    CarnelianClout
    CarnelianClout

You can see it in this thread here towards the bottom, if you don't mind looking at it.
  • L'amateur d'aéroplanes

L'amateur d'aéroplanes

• Good morning. I am French and my English is sketchy. I read your work on the Teddies aliens thanks to an automatic translation. I'll try to comment when I catch up on your work. For once an optimistic future :) It's rare these days.
    Reactions: Dibwys
    Dibwys
    Dibwys 1
    I look forward to hearing what you have to say. I hope that my words translate well! (There are dark things happening, but mostly off-camera and less and less as time goes by.)
    L'amateur d'aéroplanes
    L'amateur d'aéroplanes 1
    My phone's translation system manages to understand the vast majority of your texts and comments. Obviously, the language of the space bears and the idiomatic expressions do not pass but it is understandable and playful.
    L'amateur d'aéroplanes
    L'amateur d'aéroplanes 1
    Certainly you indicated piracy as a source of problems, but compared to the alternate history or nuclear weapons are used and ravage entire countries that I also read, your text is infinitely more optimistic and boosts morale;) Good evening.
  • Alias_The_J

Alias_The_J

• Okay, I've been looking for stuff based on 'The Road Not Taken' for years. This looks excellent!
    Reactions: Lady Visenya
    Dibwys
    Dibwys
    Thank you. I hope to post some more in the next few weeks. And I believe there is a post early in the thread with directions on how to find some of the old versions of things. Comments on the thread are always welcome!
    Alias_The_J
    Alias_The_J 1
    Not sure if you've seen this, but: GCM of a habitable Venus. TL;DR, Venus could have been habitable until very recently, midlatitudes & poles dry, tropics wet. Modestly-warm year-round, heat reflected by high clouds during the day and retained by them at night. If you want planets/species, hopefully this is inspirational.
  • Lady Visenya

Lady Visenya

• Hey I like your Teddy Invasion thing but I stopped reading because it just was "three or five people keep talking about stuff that's happening" and I want to ask if that ever changes as the timeline goes on? Like, other POVs?
    Dibwys
    Dibwys 1
    Thank you. The 'three or five people talking' is an emulation of Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness'. I have a wide variety of ideas for things happening in the 'TRNTverse', but I do want to try to finish 'In the Shadows'.
    Dibwys
    Dibwys 1
    At this moment life is preventing me from having more than a few minutes at a time to write, so I'm doing much more short form stuff. I will be getting back to the TRNTverse, and I will be doing more than 'In the Shadows'.
  • TheAnimationFan

TheAnimationFan

• You were pretty good at coming up with ideas for the "Trilateral Civilization" scenario, so I have a question: I'm considering starting a reverse collaborative timeline. Would you and/or any other users you know be interested in such a thing?
    Dibwys
    Dibwys 1
    I am not sure what a 'reverse collaborative timeline' is. I'm probably inclined to give it a whirl, but I don't know what it is.
    TheAnimationFan
    TheAnimationFan 1
    Actually, scratch that. I'd say a better idea would be a collaborative timeline in the future history forum. I have some pretty good ideas to start out with.
  • All Rounder

All Rounder

• I know this is advertising but may you go and let some, about five people would be alright, about the "Cook's Discovery" thread. It is your choice if you want to do it anyhow.
    Reactions: Ddmkm122
    All Rounder
    All Rounder 1
    Those are true words, I just don't find enjoyment when I am posting and no one comments. It just makes it seem like no one cares when they post.
    Dibwys
    Dibwys 1
    Well, feel free to bug me. I will not always respond, but I'll usually appear sometime in the next few hours and say something. And remember that it is not 'response now', it is 'response over a period of time' that matters most. And any time that I do not respond it is because of _my reasons_, I am very idiosyncratic and have a number of reasons of my own.
    All Rounder
    All Rounder 1
    Okay, and I understand your absences.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…