Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Deleted member 67076

Is it just me or is the Byzantine Empire just much more prone to factions than any other in game nation?

It's something I noticed in game as well.

If I had to guess, I think the Byzzies may be weighted to have stronger factions. It also doesn't help that the Byzzies are also especially 'duchy heavy,' like the HRE, they start as an empire-sized state, but it's unfeasible to distribute kingdoms to reduce vassal-count (which is the biggest cause of large factions, since more vassals are harder to control), so you have three kingdoms worth of duchies locked into one title. By contrast, most kingdoms, naturally, only have to deal with one kingdom's worth of dukes. However, the HRE, in my experience, has not as big, but still serious problems with ducal rebellions; I think partly, it is because most HRE duchies are at least three or four counties, if not more (Brunswick, IIRC, is six!), and many HRE dukes start with multiple duchies, whereas Byzzie duchies are mostly 2-county and rulers tend to be single-duchy. This, naturally means that Byzantium is more duchy heavy, and thus, more faction prone. But don't discount the weighting theory either.

Mind, once you start conquering multiple kingdoms, factions become a serious problem regardless of who you're playing as.

Zioneer

Banned
Hmm, I've managed to transfer all my CK2 stuff onto Steam, but I don't know how to get the patch on Steam, and the game says that it's "missing an executable" and won't load.

Deleted member 43582

Did the graphics get redone? Because the colours seem different to me. Not ugly, actually quite pretty, just different.

The colours are definitely different. I notice Lotharingia in the Old God's start is not that ugly brown colour anymore. Instead it's a nice kind of blue-ish silver. A steel colour. I like it.

I'm sure there are other colour differences, but that one was the one that told me there was indeed a difference.

Deleted member 43582

The colours are definitely different. I notice Lotharingia in the Old God's start is not that ugly brown colour anymore. Instead it's a nice kind of blue-ish silver. A steel colour. I like it.

I'm sure there are other colour differences, but that one was the one that told me there was indeed a difference.
I think that most original colours also have a different tone. Especially France and the HRE seem to be a bit more mellow.

Is there any reason why you shouldn't have your Court Guru also be your religious council member?

Also I just bought the DLC pack, how do I listen to all the different music? All I get is the same regular CK2 music.

Is there any reason why you shouldn't have your Court Guru also be your religious council member?

Also I just bought the DLC pack, how do I listen to all the different music? All I get is the same regular CK2 music.

Music DLC come on when it's appropriate; you won't get Old Gods music when playing Italy and so on. The DLC music intersperses with the original music pretty much when you're playing characters that the music applies to.

If you're not happy with the amount of DLC music you get, there are ways to tweak the files in a mini-mod so that they'll all play all the time. Since I tend to listen to my own music nowadays, it's not something I've done myself, but you can definitely find guides for it on Paradox Plaza.

Music DLC come on when it's appropriate; you won't get Old Gods music when playing Italy and so on. The DLC music intersperses with the original music pretty much when you're playing characters that the music applies to.

If you're not happy with the amount of DLC music you get, there are ways to tweak the files in a mini-mod so that they'll all play all the time. Since I tend to listen to my own music nowadays, it's not something I've done myself, but you can definitely find guides for it on Paradox Plaza.

Thank you!

Zioneer

Banned
Hmm, I've managed to transfer all my CK2 stuff onto Steam, but I don't know how to get the patch on Steam, and the game says that it's "missing an executable" and won't load.

Still have this problem. Not sure whether to uninstall and reinstall CK2 and its DLCs or not.

Ugh. I take back what I said earlier. Karen is hard now.

I'm currently a vassal of super-Khiva, saving up enough money to eventually win a push for elective monarchy.

Only trouble is mercs seem to get massacred by 0%-decadence Muslim levies, so I need to hire all of them at once....