Gotham City-State

JSmith

Banned
Well all these maps are making me crave more info on the Nolanverse Gotham City .Whatever you find,or make up :D,please post here.

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Here are a trio GC maps. They relate to the comics not the movies. However, as the movies use the comics map as a base, I thought they might be relevant.
The first lists important locations (comics not movie).
The second shows its location with New Jersey (influenced by the DC Atlas).
The third is the subway map.

That second map is AWESOME! I've been wanting to make a map like that for years, where did you find it?

That second map is AWESOME! I've been wanting to make a map like that for years, where did you find it?

On Tumbler, but it appears that the original is at the Batman wiki Gotham City article.

Here is another subway map from the same Tumbler account.

tumblr_m7lnb3m2ik1rbdz64o1_1280.jpg

JSmith

Banned
Wow has there ever been such a well mapped fictional city? But still apparently little is known-at least about the Nolanverse version.

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
An interesting fact I dug up, apparently Bludhaven - Nightwing's city - replaces OTL's Brigantine, NJ in the Batman/DC Universe. It makes sense now why the Gotham metropolitan area is such a hive of villany: you've got corrupt Gotham on the north end, run-down Bludhaven in the middle, and gambling mecca Atlantic City on the south end!

JSmith

Banned
An interesting fact I dug up, apparently Bludhaven - Nightwing's city - replaces OTL's Brigantine, NJ in the Batman/DC Universe. It makes sense now why the Gotham metropolitan area is such a hive of villany: you've got corrupt Gotham on the north end, run-down Bludhaven in the middle, and gambling mecca Atlantic City on the south end!
The whole Northeastern US is obviously more built up in the DC TL .I wonder how many more people live between Boston and DC?

I recall in the Marvel meets DC crossover, the Marvel characters commented that DC's earth was larger, to fit in all the extra cities.

Nietzsche

Banned
Ahem, from the man himself, Bill Finger-

"Gotham is Manhattan below Fourteenth Street at eleven minutes past midnight on the coldest night in November."

You're welcome. In short, 'Gotham' is "the worst possible places in New York, at their worst possible times, and nothing else"

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Ahem, from the man himself, Bill Finger-

"Gotham is Manhattan below Fourteenth Street at eleven minutes past midnight on the coldest night in November."

You're welcome. In short, 'Gotham' is "the worst possible places in New York, at their worst possible times, and nothing else"

That's what Gotham represents not what it literally is. ^_^()

Gotham City is, literally, a major city located on the southern New Jersey shore just a bit north of Atlantic City.

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Or Massachusetts! Depending on what you think.

Young Justice put it in Connecticut.

And Batman The Animated Series placed it in Long Island. Gotham (and Metropolis, and every other DC fictional city) has moved around a TON over the last century. But, since No Man's Land in 1999, Gotham has since been more or less established to be in New Jersey. Now, setting aside I happen to be from here, New Jersey makes the most sense as a location IMO so I'm sticking with that one.

Oh, and for kicks, I made another map! This one is Burlington, Ocean, Gotham, and Atlantic counties. Gotham City is the one in red. :cool:

Gotham%2520county%2520B%2520red.png