CH: Amazing Video Game Based Movie

Silent Hill if they decide to keep the plot of the game. Seriously, most video game movies get criticised because the game has no plot in the first place, here they managed to take a game with a plot and make in nonsensical anyway.

I'd say that GTA IV would make a good movie. A Serb comes from his war-torn homeland to seek the American dream, only to find that he's propelled into the seedy underbelly of New York's Russian mob.

Odds are right now, the first critically acclaimed video game movie will emerge from the descendants of Machinima, working with even more liberal modding tools a decade or so from now.

I still maintain the opinion that Pirates of the Carribean is in large parts of rip-off from The Secret of Monkey Island. While I take a liking in Verbinski's movies, I fear that they have killed of the possibility for a nice small movie about Guybrush Threepwood's adventures.

Or...not?

The Secret of Monkey Island (USA/GB, 2012) directed by Tim Burton

Guybrush Threepwood - Michael Cera
Elaine Marley - Emma Watson
Captain Le Chuck - Udo Kier
Karla, the Swordmaster - Melanie Laurent
Meathook - Jason Segel
Stan - Andy Serkis
Herman Toothrot - Bill Murray
the Navigator's Head - Robert de Niro
the Three Pirates - Johnny Depp, Bill Nighy & Geoffrey Rush

How about a Judd Apatow helmed "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards"?

The main cast:

Steve Carell - Larry Laffer
Jane Lynch - the prostitute
Elizabeth Banks - Fawn
Leslie Mann - Faith
Leslie Bibb - Eve

Additional roles - Faizon Love, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, and Jonah Hill.

I wonder how Sonic the Hedgehog would work as a movie at the height of his popularity in the early-mid 90s. If the enduring popularity of the "SatAM" animated show on ABC proved anything, it was that the spiny blue insectivore could make a pretty good narrative. Methinks Sonic the Hedgehog 1/2/3&Knuckles would make an awesome animated trilogy.

Would it be too much to ask for a Mega Man movie?

How about a Judd Apatow helmed "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards"?

The main cast:

Steve Carell - Larry Laffer
Jane Lynch - the prostitute
Elizabeth Banks - Fawn
Leslie Mann - Faith
Leslie Bibb - Eve

Additional roles - Faizon Love, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, and Jonah Hill.

Could have been a smashing hit in the early 1990ths, but now? Last Larrygame came out in 1995 iirc

Could have been a smashing hit in the early 1990ths, but now? Last Larrygame came out in 1995 iirc

Actually... a factor that goes in with good licensed games, note, is that when there is no push to work quickly, no publicity drive, etc.... Like Goldeneye on N64 - it came about 1-2 years after the movie, I heard, the big merchandising push was gone.

Since the games are now obscure kinda, it may ironically help making this a good movie in the same way - no commercial pressure of merchandizing.

The last one with Larry Laffer as the main character was released in 1996. However, Sierra produced two sequels with Larry's nephew Larry Lovage as the main character. They were released in 2004 and 2008. It should be noted that neither had Al Lowe's involvement.

he was not the first one thought... The Mario movie by example was before him, no?

The first draft of the Super Mario Bros film was actually quite decent, featuring various enemies and power ups from the video games, Luigi having a moustache, and Bowser being the actual turtle/dragon we all know and love. But then the director started meddling...

I think one of the better game-to-movie one might be Deus Ex: Human Revolution. My nephew plays it religiously, and I was impressed by it when I watched him play it. Having read about it, I was impressed even more. :)

You know, there are a bunch of movies based on EA sports NFL/MLB/NHL series that are wery good. Major League 1 and 2, Any given Sunday etc etc. :cool:

While I agree video-game movies have always been awful. But as the games got more vivid and the stories got better, Hollywood was open for involvement. But Uwe Bole ruined that by alienating the OG's(orginal gamers). So, agree get him out of the picture and video-game based movies are better rated.

¡ Hi!:

How sounds better:

-Peter Jackson´s " Grand Thelf Auto 4 ":D:cool::D.

-Peter Jackson´s present the movie´s trilogy: " Gears of War ":D:):D.

Peace and good luck:).