The People's Flag: A History of the Union of Britain, 1925-2010

Glad you're enjoying it chaps. I will attempt to get through the interlude by the end of next week - Germany and France are up next but does anyone have any requests for other countries to look at?
China/ Japan could be interesting, as well as general look at Eastern Europe (i.e. Ausgleich, Belgrade Pact, cracks in Mittelseuropa etc.)

At this pace, Gandhi will reject his non violent methods and give a good beating to Prasad: Gandhinator is born!

There needs to be a film of that!

Glad you're enjoying it chaps. I will attempt to get through the interlude by the end of next week - Germany and France are up next but does anyone have any requests for other countries to look at?

Indeed I am. Could we have something on Australasia, China or South America in the next update?

BTW, does AH.Com exist in this TL. It would be funny if it could mentioned in an interlude (a mock discussion or something like that).

excellent work, as always..

I'm trying to think of the next "big event" in KR. looks like you've gone through most of the early "choose your nation's path!" events.

Asia could use some work: perhaps delhi vs sadabad, mongolian madness (with their tibetan sidekick), Georgian Brutality (& a visit to ol' Iosib), or AoG.

OR you could sorta diverge from the set KR storyline and go with an unexpected (/unscripted) event. Fun in the middle-east (which is really weak in KR!) comes to mind, with local unrest (post-arabCongress) and foreign involvement (the revitalized syndies could want to show off and grab some chunks of land, national france -who is in charge there btw? - could want to dominate north africa etc.) Also, I'd really like to see how things are in Constantinople.

It'd be nice to have a few more comments on this before the next update.

Stop being a post whore Meadow:p

excellent work, as always..

I'm trying to think of the next "big event" in KR. looks like you've gone through most of the early "choose your nation's path!" events.

Asia could use some work: perhaps delhi vs sadabad, mongolian madness (with their tibetan sidekick), Georgian Brutality (& a visit to ol' Iosib), or AoG.

OR you could sorta diverge from the set KR storyline and go with an unexpected (/unscripted) event. Fun in the middle-east (which is really weak in KR!) comes to mind, with local unrest (post-arabCongress) and foreign involvement (the revitalized syndies could want to show off and grab some chunks of land, national france -who is in charge there btw? - could want to dominate north africa etc.) Also, I'd really like to see how things are in Constantinople.

I imagine that the Germans will help surpress any dissent in the Middle East, at first.

BTW, I've got quite a good idea; instead of being a New-Order-in-the-Balkans alliance, maybe the Belgrade Pact could mutuate into an alliance of the Syndies, Russia, the pissed-off Balkan powers, Egypt and Arabia against Germany. It would fun....:p

(But please don't make the war a cakewalk...)

The next big event is almost certainly going to be the beggining of the crumbling of the Mittleuropa bloc and the build-up to the Second Great War. Maybe some hints at the split between France and Britain post-war?

Wrangel's Russia is usually against everyone.

Yes but thankfully Germany is on the other side of them to the Syndies; therefore it makes sense that Germany will get its arse kicked first before you do. Hopefully nuclear weapons will then stop any imperalist adventures by Russia.

BTW, I've got quite a good idea; instead of being a New-Order-in-the-Balkans alliance, maybe the Belgrade Pact could mutuate into an alliance of the Syndies, Russia, the pissed-off Balkan powers, Egypt and Arabia against Germany. It would fun....:p

Oooh we still got iron guard romania, austro-hungary & bulgaria vs the New Balkans.. assuming Greece is Back and slavic dissent in the balkans, we could have a limited war that brings the balkans into the game (limited because everyone is wary about the balkans after the whole Franz Ferdinand - Weltkrieg business). Still, it could be a nice lead in to the formation of WK2 blocs and would provide some insight into German & Russian Foreign Policies (the latter would want expand its influence while the former would try to hang onto the post-WK settlement while dealing with colonial uprisings in indochina & middleeast). I expect that the ottoman's would be too "sick" to do anything about the Belgrade Pact. Possibly a revolution in Romania but you don't want to have civil wars/revolutions all over the place, so your call.

Is brazil syndie? South America should be getting warmer by now..

Oooh we still got iron guard romania, austro-hungary & bulgaria vs the New Balkans.. assuming Greece is Back and slavic dissent in the balkans, we could have a limited war that brings the balkans into the game (limited because everyone is wary about the balkans after the whole Franz Ferdinand - Weltkrieg business). Still, it could be a nice lead in to the formation of WK2 blocs and would provide some insight into German & Russian Foreign Policies (the latter would want expand its influence while the former would try to hang onto the post-WK settlement while dealing with colonial uprisings in indochina & middleeast). I expect that the ottoman's would be too "sick" to do anything about the Belgrade Pact. Possibly a revolution in Romania but you don't want to have civil wars/revolutions all over the place, so your call.

Is brazil syndie? South America should be getting warmer by now..

Brazil is syndie, it was mentioned in the US Civil War update.

As for the Balkans, I suspect the reason why Germany won't intervene is that they are too stretched. We don't know what is going in Mittleafrika but I imagine that a low level war is raging in the Mid-east and Indochina. Japan is growing in the east and sill soon threaten all of Germany's posessions in that area.

It occurred to me today when listening to "There is Power in a Union" by Billy Bragg that it might make a very appropriate song for either the american syndies or the union of britain. And it's plausible for the time period since all it is is a rewrite of "the Battle Cry of Freedom".

It occurred to me today when listening to "There is Power in a Union" by Billy Bragg that it might make a very appropriate song for either the american syndies or the union of britain. And it's plausible for the time period since all it is is a rewrite of "the Battle Cry of Freedom".

It was written in this period by the IWW.

Last edited:
Could we see something on Ireland? (more specifically its preparations for war with the UOB). Perhaps the Big Fella could make a appearance during a planning session for IRA post-invasion irregular resistance:D

Could we see something on Ireland? (more specifically its preparations for war with the UOB). Perhaps the Big Fella could make a appearance during a planning session for IRA post-invasion irregular resistance:D

I can't work out from this post whether you've read the TL or not, but it's mentioned somewhere in Volume I that the Big Fella is President of the Irish Republic anyway.

The next update will cover things from a semi-Irish perspective. I'm quite excited about it.