Europa Universalis III

Name everything strange about this screenshot :

EU3_1-6.jpg

You aren't playing Rising Nation, or WWM?

I'm currently designing a mod, and i was wondering whether this music pack would be an appropriate replacement for the standard. (And i do not own the rights to any of it.) <VERBAND>

Remember my Castille game? Well, I managed to resucitate it. I avoided a third war with France, instead extending my traditional alliance with England to Austria also, as well as consolidating (read: violently exterminate rebels) my hold in Africa with new colonies, and colonising all the Atlantic Islands. I discovered America in 1462, but cannot colonise yet. Now, the great Spanish Empire spans three continents. And it its only 1465. :D

Spain 1465.png

Remember my Castille game? Well, I managed to resucitate it. I avoided a third war with France, instead extending my traditional alliance with England to Austria also, as well as consolidating (read: violently exterminate rebels) my hold in Africa with new colonies, and colonising all the Atlantic Islands. I discovered America in 1462, but cannot colonise yet. Now, the great Spanish Empire spans three continents. And it its only 1465. :D

When I conquer america, I invade cental america and, instead of annexing, I take just one coastal province and as much inland territorias as I can, and wait forr a mission or an event thna gives me a core. That will save you fifty years wait until you can colonize the carribean. When you grab Belize, the comouter tends ti give you an mission to conquer Yucatan fairly often.

You know what bugs me? Having a positive warscore doesn't guarantee at least a White Peace.

Urgh your telling me, I recently had a game as Burgundy and while at war with Hungary I had a 24 war score, no provinces occupied I just destroyed that many armies, and they wouldn't even take a small amount of money for peace.

archaeogeek

Banned
Urgh your telling me, I recently had a game as Burgundy and while at war with Hungary I had a 24 war score, no provinces occupied I just destroyed that many armies, and they wouldn't even take a small amount of money for peace.

Weaken them, offer them low peaces they won't accept (the bit about how it,s exceedingly generous) until they go to -3 stability, at which point they should be much nicer to you. Especially if you destroyed enough armies for it, their war exhaustion should be pretty high.

Weaken them, offer them low peaces they won't accept (the bit about how it,s exceedingly generous) until they go to -3 stability, at which point they should be much nicer to you. Especially if you destroyed enough armies for it, their war exhaustion should be pretty high.

I used that to great effect when Austria DOW'd me in the midst of eating up some Balkan minors, actually. On that note, the Sultanate of Rüm, 1458:

EU3_MAP_TUR_14581015_1.png

It depends largely on war capacity, which in turn depends on (among other things) on war exhaustion. AI sucks at managing it, so just wait a while and soon they'll start coming to you cap in hand.

Ah never realised you could do that, i've not long had the game, thanks though I shall keep it in mind for the future.

It depends largely on war capacity, which in turn depends on (among other things) on war exhaustion. AI sucks at managing it, so just wait a while and soon they'll start coming to you cap in hand.

Yea I mean I was ok with WarExhaustion and capacity and such the reason I didn't simple march across europe to kill them was that I was also at war with Castille (who were attacking my ally Milan mainly) and England (who kept on invading Antwerp and also my inheriting Tyrone made Ireland a tricky place to get troops with what with England super navy), on top of which France was continually insulting me and massing troops.

So waiting it out was realy the preferred option especially when they were continually attacking me. But thanks to this should help in the future.

The magnicent Slavic Union in the year of our Patriarch Alexander,

My vassals are Greece, Georgia and Kazachstan. Im going to release, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania, Poland, Lithuania, Prussia and Chechia.

My army of vassals will defeat the heathens!

Twan Slavia.png

And about 5 decades later,

I released the vassals, gained the Jalayrids as a vassal in the middle east. My next target is Persia.

Twan Slavia II.png

KCammy

Banned
Has anyone ever beaten the Europeans to the New World as Morroco or Algiers or something? Or at least beat them to kicking the shit out of the Meso-American nations.

Are DOWs more likely if the AI sees that you're fighting a war, even if you're close to mopping it up?

I've had Austria DOW me twice, both while I was fighting minors.

Has anyone ever beaten the Europeans to the New World as Morroco or Algiers or something? Or at least beat them to kicking the shit out of the Meso-American nations.

The only way I could see that happening is if you start as Morocoo, put everything into Trade, and then when you get to 7 switch out National Conscripts to Quest for the New World. Even then your going to have to deal with Portugal / Aragon / Castille CONSTANTLY because they love to just crusade around North Africa.

archaeogeek

Banned
With the latest update it's surprisingly manageable as Morocco since you can get lucky and get langrab missions on Algeria and with some money can probably not too hard end up with level 7 in trade (muslims start at 6) and make it to the new world, but to colonize you'll need a coastal COT and colonial ventures so yeah - basically probably it's better to wait until you hit gov 9 at which point you would be able to have both ideas and it should be early enough for the spaniards to still be more interested in infighting.

With the latest update it's surprisingly manageable as Morocco since you can get lucky and get langrab missions on Algeria and with some money can probably not too hard end up with level 7 in trade (muslims start at 6) and make it to the new world, but to colonize you'll need a coastal COT and colonial ventures so yeah - basically probably it's better to wait until you hit gov 9 at which point you would be able to have both ideas and it should be early enough for the spaniards to still be more interested in infighting.

So they finally made turbo-colonization less viable?