not the Tawantinsuyu though
While thinking about French Brazil, i was wondering if trails like the Peabiru could be revived, driving Franco-Brazilians and Luso-Platines to explore the interior(in Portugal's case maybe through river rather than trails) to stablish routes to the Tawantisuyu. Maybe could driver either of them to explore the Amazon, i remember one funny tid bit about how people theorized the Plata and Amazon rivers were connected back then.

While at it, here's an idea, if French pelerins are just as greedy as the bandeirantes were, it would be interesting to see pelerin raids for gold and slaves that lead to tension betwen the Inca and France.

I love the concept of a less anglo-hegemonic North America, really wonder how a spanish dixie would look like culturally
Considering how they ran their plantations in the Carribean, I shudder at the idea of Spanish hegemony over practically all land in America suitable for plantation agriculture besides Brazil. Gonna make Anglo-American slavery look pleasant.

Considering how they ran their plantations in the Carribean, I shudder at the idea of Spanish hegemony over practically all land in America suitable for plantation agriculture besides Brazil. Gonna make Anglo-American slavery look pleasant.
Yeah though the caste system they will put in will likely mean that it won't last long

As for the Aztecs sending an embassy, the fact they no longer have an outlet to the Atlantic will make trips directly to Europe far more difficult. Plus they don't have even oceangoing ships of their own yet, but that will inevitably change. The closest colonies belonging to other Europeans are a continent away at the very least... not the Tawantinsuyu though, and the Strait of Magellan is far from impassable.
One wonders if Pan-Indigenism may become a thing earlier. Of course the recent war demonstrates the limits of that. And the Tawantinsuyu have not exaclty been exposed to the brunt of Colonization efforts yet.

Naples is a French ally ITTL, which puts Paris in a collision course with the Barbary Pirates and their Ottoman protectors.
I wonder what was the justification for Spain losing the Italian War of 1821. Spain wasn't that dependent on new world gold at that time period. I think that the butterfly effect of Spain not having the new world gold would came a bit later than that allowing Spain to just eek out a victory. Which they wouldn't get later due to worse financial conditions due to lack of new world gold.
BTW, how does all of this affect Asia?

Last edited:
------------------
Maps! (II)

View attachment 818004

View attachment 818005
* The Haudenosaunee here are not the same confederacy of OTL, but an alternate one led by the St. Lawrence Iroquoians. Their languages were apparently related, so I used the name out of convenience.

Great maps! Thanks for the visual aid! How strong is the Purepecha’s grip over the Kingdoms of Coliman and Xalisco? They remained independent in OTL and Xalisco in particular was likely the 3rd strongest entity after the Aztecs and Purepecha.

I don't have a reddit account, and honestly I'm not sure I want to.

I have plans for England, the whole British Isles in fact.

Who said they'll get any? :openedeyewink:

Naples is a French ally ITTL, which puts Paris in a collision course with the Barbary Pirates and their Ottoman protectors.

As for the Aztecs sending an embassy, the fact they no longer have an outlet to the Atlantic will make trips directly to Europe far more difficult. Plus they don't have even oceangoing ships of their own yet, but that will inevitably change. The closest colonies belonging to other Europeans are a continent away at the very least... not the Tawantinsuyu though, and the Strait of Magellan is far from impassable.
What if the Aztecs expand northward into the Chichimecas and then eastward towards the northern coast?

I'd like the English to have their hands in Yucatan. Not in actually colonizing the place but by having an influence there. Imagine a visiting Mayan prince and his entourage introduces the Mesoamerican ball game to curious English aristocrats and it becomes soccer!

I wonder what was the justification for Spain losing the Italian War of 1821. Spain wasn't that dependent on new world gold at that time period. I think that the butterfly effect of Spain not having the new world gold would came a bit later than that allowing Spain to just eek out a victory. Which they wouldn't get later due to worse financial conditions due to lack of new world gold.
BTW, how does all of this affect Asia?
ITTL the French won the Battle of Bicocca, and things spiraled from there. As for Asia, the Spanish East Indies are established decades earlier than OTL thanks to the success of Magellan's expedition. I don't know much about the Ming at this time, but I do have some ideas for the Sengoku Jidai in Japan.
Great maps! Thanks for the visual aid! How strong is the Purepecha’s grip over the Kingdoms of Coliman and Xalisco? They remained independent in OTL and Xalisco in particular was likely the 3rd strongest entity after the Aztecs and Purepecha.
Fairly strong given they had years to consolidate their rule, but their spectacular failure to take Tenochtitlan weakened it somewhat. Careful statesmanship will be required in the coming years.

I'd like the English to have their hands in Yucatan. Not in actually colonizing the place but by having an influence there. Imagine a visiting Mayan prince and his entourage introduces the Mesoamerican ball game to curious English aristocrats and it becomes soccer!
Why not? Seems like the FCs are always a hair’s breadth away from decapitating the players anyway…

I will write a Maya centric update eventually, it's long overdue.
What if the Aztecs expand northward into the Chichimecas and then eastward towards the northern coast?
It'd be very far off from their usual routes. Plus they're in no shape to launch an invasion, not after they escaped annihilation by the skin of their teeth.

I will write a Maya centric update eventually, it's long overdue.

It'd be very far off from their usual routes. Plus they're in no shape to launch an invasion, not after they escaped annihilation by the skin of their teeth.
Eh I knew Aztec expansion so soon after their near destruction was a tough ask but I decided to ask anyway.

While thinking about French Brazil, i was wondering if trails like the Peabiru could be revived, driving Franco-Brazilians and Luso-Platines to explore the interior(in Portugal's case maybe through river rather than trails) to stablish routes to the Tawantisuyu.
Whoa, that's really cool! I had no idea that trail existed.

A protectorate makes sense, the Mayans want backing against the Aztecs and the English would want either a foothold in Mesoamerica or just deny the Spanish even more land.

------------------
Maps! (II)

View attachment 818004

View attachment 818005
* The Haudenosaunee here are not the same confederacy of OTL, but an alternate one led by the St. Lawrence Iroquoians. Their languages were apparently related, so I used the name out of convenience.

This Spanish Empire looks overextended to me, you said the borders are more de jure than de facto since the population is concentrated in a few big cities, I wonder if in the future the Aztecs would have a falling out with the Spanish and try to seize their continental colonies while Spain is involved in some big war in Europe.

While thinking about French Brazil, i was wondering if trails like the Peabiru could be revived, driving Franco-Brazilians and Luso-Platines to explore the interior(in Portugal's case maybe through river rather than trails) to stablish routes to the Tawantisuyu. Maybe could driver either of them to explore the Amazon, i remember one funny tid bit about how people theorized the Plata and Amazon rivers were connected back then.

While at it, here's an idea, if French pelerins are just as greedy as the bandeirantes were, it would be interesting to see pelerin raids for gold and slaves that lead to tension betwen the Inca and France.
Tbf I could see the Portuguese exploring the entire parana basin and making the whole river basin the heartlands of their colony, which would make them a really powerful entity in south America. Tbf a nation centered around the parana basin is a very cool thing in general.

Also hopefully we get British south Africa. British south Africa is fun asf.

Tbf I could see the Portuguese exploring the entire parana basin and making the whole river basin the heartlands of their colony, which would make them a really powerful entity in south America. Tbf a nation centered around the parana basin is a very cool thing in general.

Also hopefully we get British south Africa. British south Africa is fun asf.
Issue is that the Cape of Good Hope is extremely strategic real estate, so by the time Britain/England is in a position to colonize it somebody else would probably take it, the most likely culprits bring either the Dutch as in OTL or Portugal, with Spain as a possible third option (France is a distant possibility too, since their control of Brazil lets them project power in the area, but frankly they do not have as much of a presence or stake in the East Indies to make it stick like the other 3 do). Of course they could just do what they did OTL and nab it after somebody else has already colonized it.

Issue is that the Cape of Good Hope is extremely strategic real estate, so by the time Britain/England is in a position to colonize it somebody else would probably take it, the most likely culprits bring either the Dutch as in OTL or Portugal, with Spain as a possible third option (France is a distant possibility too, since their control of Brazil lets them project power in the area, but frankly they do not have as much of a presence or stake in the East Indies to make it stick like the other 3 do). Of course they could just do what they did OTL and nab it after somebody else has already colonized it.
its that otl the first dutch colony is in the 1650s while portugal and the other powers were around there they never stayed for long. So tbf I think England was just as likely to colonise it as the other colonising nations, and considering that England would have a much harder time getting to America ittl I think they may put their first colonies in South Africa and the puritans would settle there.