Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wha is the story with Ecuador? I assume both greens are meant to be the same county, especially as the name and flag are on the interior areas, but it looks like a solid border between it and the coast. Quite nice seeing border disputes all over the place, even around Costa Rica. Almost surprising there are none for the Dutch. Any significance to why Uruguay is mentioned being headed by the National Party? I admittedly don’t know much on the region. I am assuming the colors might mean they are pro-Bourbon, and not getting the Sun and Stripes flag means they are not taking inspiration from the Argentinians and Americans as IOTL. Or perhaps enough Italians came over that they took inspiration from San Marino?
The Brazilian invasion of Uruguay and removal of the pro paraguayan national party is what caused the war in the first place, and federalist Argentina helped Paraguay in war too, so both regimes were placed.

Map of the Pacific Republic (Mainland):
prmap3334_30.png

A little context/explanation would be nice.
The Pacific Republic Conspiracy succeeds during the Civil War, founding the Pacific Republic. Eventually they take the Baja California peninsula as well as Sonora. Though it is not shown on the map, they own Hawaii (known as the Sandwich Islands TTL), and Alaska. More info can be found here.

1659155559167.png

North America in Shadowrun, just after signing of The Treaty of Denver in 2018, which balkanized the United States and Canada , created the Native American Nations, granted territory to Aztlan (formerly Mexico) and established Denver as a sovereign state jointly controlled by the United States, Aztlan, and the Sioux, Pueblo, and Ute nations. Seattle and California remain as exclaves of the U.S., though the latter would eventually break away as the California Free State.

Aliens invade Earth in 2600 before promptly shattering into many industrialized kingdoms. Earth’s average temperature is 25 degrees Celsius, too hot for humans but just right for the tropical Kweran.

ecfIRXk.jpg

A map I did of a South Africa split-up in the modern day inspired by what would happen if the 2021 race violence swelled up a little more and led to some kind of civil war. Thinking about making a TL, although I'm not sure where to post it.
Wouldn't WamaXhosa be a more appropriate name than KwaXhosa?

1659200974470.png

Thanks to some better strategic and diplomatic choices late in the war, the Central Powers manage to win the Great War by 1918. This victory isn't absolute though, Germany lost a number of colonies and had to sort out the Austrian civil war, and were also unable to stop the Soviets from taking over Russia. The Ottomans also end up kicked out of the Caucasus, but otherwise have had few issues. Despite these setbacks, the defeated nations save for Britain and Russia lack the ability to challenge the old Central Powers in most respects. This has left the world barren of major conflict until the 1940's when the Soviets and a more stable China clashed against the Japanese Empire, triumphing for the most part. A diplomatic break between the two drove the Chinese towards the United States, who had helped supply them during the conflict. This era of conflict has not ceased though, with revolts breaking out in European colonies. Most notably is the independence of Indonesia, who through a long guerilla war managed to push the Netherlands out of Sumatra and Java. The decline of the European empires may allow the opportunity for other powers to grow, but only time will tell as to who...

It is illegal to present such a good idea but only develop one line on it!
Hehehe thank you! Its actually part of a novel I'm currently outlining. In the 27th century, humanity gets into an interstellar war with the Kweran, a group of short (and kinda cute) reptilian aliens. The Kweran win terribly, wiping out all humanity save for a few small holdouts on Triton, in which a dome holds air and water. But now thousands of years have passed, the dome's engineering capacities are falling apart, and the medieval-tech humans on Triton must rediscover their origins if they want to survive. The Kweran on Earth in the previous map are what remains after another inter-stellar civil war.

I've made a couple of supplementary materials, including a map of the dome that I'm proud of. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to post it here too.

Last edited:
Earth’s average temperature is 25 degrees Celsius, too hot for humans but just right for the tropical Kweran.
For reference, the current average is about 14 degrees Celsius. While it's not as simple as "everywhere gets 11 degrees warmer", it's not a bad place to start when trying to figure out where people will be comfortable.

In the year 2600, amid a war between humanity and the reptilian Kweran, the South Asian Union built a dome on the side of Triton, a moon of Neptune. Most settlers came from South Asia (Iran, India, and Malaysia). Following humanity's loss in the war, the people of "Nayagar" lost all connection with their homelands. Forced to rebuild from scratch, the people of Nayagar have slowly advanced from the stone age to medieval levels of technology. But they're not advancing fast enough. It's the year 5500, now, and the forcefield holding in the air is slowly leaking, reducing the temperature inside and making it harder to breathe.

This scenario was based on an idea–what if civilization had to advance from antiquity to the space age within a matter of years? As proud as I am of the maps below, I'm even more excited to turn this into an actual story. Hope you enjoy it!

ARXTfeQ.jpg

Political/topographic map ^^
13s5GxQ.jpg

Language map ^^
ay5CSg2.png
Map that will actually fit in the book if I ever get around to writing it ^^

Last edited:
In the year 2600, amid a war between humanity and the reptilian Kweran, the South Asian Union built a dome on the side of Triton, a moon of Neptune. Most settlers came from South Asia (Iran, India, and Malaysia). Following humanity's loss in the war, the people of "Nayagar" lost all connection with their homelands. Forced to rebuild from scratch, the people of Nayagar have slowly advanced from the stone age to medieval levels of technology. But they're not advancing fast enough. It's the year 5500, now, and the forcefield holding in the air is slowly leaking, reducing the temperature inside and making it harder to breathe.

This scenario was based on an idea–what if civilization had to advance from antiquity to the space age within a matter of years? As proud as I am of the maps below, I'm even more excited to turn this into an actual story. Hope you enjoy it!

ARXTfeQ.jpg

Political/topographic map ^^
13s5GxQ.jpg

Language map ^^
ay5CSg2.png
Map that will actually fit in the book if I ever get around the writing it ^^
A similar idea motivated an old thread of mine about tailoring the perfect ecological package for a colony based on the principle that having the highest possible number of animals that can quickly be domesticated (or that produce some sort of incredibly useful byproduct) would be great insurance in the event the society that set up the terraforming collapsed and the colonists had to establish themselves quickly. An idea I had to speed along the process:
  1. Establish a series of enormous domes around the planet or moon, each stocked with a different blend of plants and animals selected or engineered for that criteria. They should be fairly far apart and arranged according to theoretical maps of the post-terraforming landscape and shouldn't be directly linked to the human domes.
  2. Begin terraforming. Use a Legrange electromagnet to generate a magnetic field, begin bringing in ice, key elements and live soil, the works.
  3. Begin gradually tweaking the biodomes to bring them in line with the post-terraforming atmospheric conditions and temperature range, restocking as necessary. Ideally they'd have a good long while to acclimate while the new climate stabilizes.
  4. Once the outside environment is stable, begin spreading the new species of plants, eventually bringing down the domes completely. The fact that each started with a unique founding population should ensure a diverse biosphere as they all expand onto the newly virgin world and interact with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.