These are a few of the flags I have made for @Historyman 14 's amazing post-nuclear war world. They are for some of the countries he has made for the United States: the Midwestern Federation, the Charleston Alliance, and the Imperial State of New York. None of the ideas concerning these flags are my ideas: they all came from Historyman's specifications. I really feel like he had some awesome ideas, so I want to share the results with you guys! Below each flag is an explanation of what each state is and what their flag represents:

View attachment 749303
State Flag

The
Midwestern Federation: The Midwestern Federation is a state created by Historyman 14, with it's core lands in the Midwestern United States and Great Plains. Despite the post-nuclear, apocalyptic nature of the world, society, especially in Chicago, has become Neo-fuedal, with Lords, ladies, and atomic-truck joyriding Knights. Most of the population works in the agricultural field under the watchful eye of members of several great families that have their origins from before the nearly-world-ending nuclear war. Chivalry figures big down in these parts.

The State Flag of the Midwestern Federation incorporates three main colors--red, white, and blue--in a tricolor format so as to evoke images of the flags of U.S. central states like Missouri and Iowa. The male and female lion symbolize the family and family values of the people of the Federation, while the fact that they are supporting the MWF Coat of Arms symbolizes the state's necessary dependence on it's people. The Coat of Arms carry the colors of the republic. The five stars in the middle signify the main five values of Chivalry: Honor, Valour, Courtesy, Purity, and Loyalty. The fact that they are 6-pointed represents the capital, Chicago. The bottom blue part of the COA is intersected by a wave, symbolizing the waters of the Great Lakes, which the MWF claims. The top part of the COA is a blue gear and a blue star--symbolizing Industry and Chicago respectively.

View attachment 749307
Civil Ensign

The
Charleston Alliance: The Charleston Alliance is not actually a nation, but rather an organization of like-minded Southern States. Like the Midwestern Federation, agriculture and serf labor figure big in this new society. However, one of the biggest pushes of these states is to increase the manufacturing capability of all of the separate states so as to be able to compete with larger surrounding nations, like the Imperial State of New York.

The blue is taken from the Blue of South Carolina's flag, where the alliance was born (specifically, in Charleston, SC). The silver stands for purity, and the gold stands for wealth, prosperity, and agriculture. The structure of the flag itself calls back to both the old Confederate battle flag, and the state flags that feature St. Andrew's cross. In the center is a stylized compass, containing a needle (arrow) pointing south instead of north, symbolizing the Southerner's desire to shift power permanently into the Southern former U.S., and to find a new direction after the great atomic war.

View attachment 749318
State Flag

The
Imperial State of New York: The most powerful state in all of North America is the Imperial State of New York. From the ruins of the great atomic war, a good amount of manufacturing equipment could be salvaged, but in order to impose civility and concord amongst these salvagers a strict Empire was formed under an Empress. Over time, the Empire was able to conquer the entire Northeastern United states and then expand outwards into the Mid-Atlantic States. It is one of the only states in the world that has significantly industrialized. While old new York is destroyed, the New...New York has risen from the ashes with a vengeance. It shares poor relations with the Midwestern Federation and the Charleston Alliance.

The flag contains a similar structure to the United States flag, with 9 stripes of the colors of the New York City (symbolizing the rich history of the area), and an eagle with the Empire's coat of arms in it's grasp in the canton. In The Imperial State of New York State's coat of arms, it features an eagle grasping a globe. I wanted to feature this kind of national imagery in the flag, so I added it in. The double-headedness of the eagle symbolizes the strength of the Empire. The globe carries a star/explosion in approximately the area New York is , which symbolizes both the greatness and significance of the city and also the great disaster (Nuclear War) that occurred, and the desire that it may never happen again.

I created other flags for these nations (such as very different Civil/Battle/State Flags) too. I will not post them right now because of the image limit, but maybe some other time. You can find them from pgs. 192-194 on the Requests page if you so wish...

A very hearty thanks, of course, to Historyman 14, who provided all the ideas for these flags and all of the history behind the states. I did nothing besides create the flags based on the detailed instructions he gave. I encourage you all to check his work out!

Thank you very kindly in making them and thank you again for the post.

Again, I love the designs and the extra details.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Saw this in a dream. Knew I had to recreate it.

soos.png

1655141677228.png

This is the flag for a world war 4 organization that is in my timeline, named Opposition of Russian Aggression, formed post-nato dissolution in 2051 and is one of the 2 major factions in WW4.
It was formed in 2060 after a simple territory dispute: Morocco wanting lands promised to them from Russia for assisting in the war: Iberia. They were given southern Iberia, but wanted all of it, so they moved forces in. Eventually, Europa, owning Iberia at the time, had sent a request for Morocco to remove their forces from Europan Iberia, or it would be war, Morocco agreed to retreat, but Russia then invaded Morocco. This provoked a war between Morocco and CSTO, which was big at the time. However, not all of CSTO joined in. Well, they did, but some betrayed Russia and fought with Morocco instead. In World War 3, Morocco showed true potential to be a future lead superpower, and they formed OORA (Pronounced Hoo-Rah, like they say in the US Military now a' days.), with Morocco as the leader. The countries in OORA are the Kingdom of Morocco, Inuit Federation, Federative Republic of Brazil, Algeria, Republic of Tunisia, United Arab Republic, Kingdom of Indochina, Republic of Yugoslavia, Republic of Turkey, Uruguay, and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. The 5 Main Colors of the flags, Blue, Red, Green, Black, and Yellow, each are incorporated, with a white star to symbolize revolution, as the planet is revolving around a star, meanwhile the planet is also going through a geopolitical revolution. Then, there is the Symbol of NATO, symbolizing a possible restoration of NATO, but not in the immediate future.
Thoughts and opinions?

The United States’ national flag, c. 1795
Sacred Fire of Liberty

This historic flag was flown at the end of President Washington’s term in office, and several authentic fragments and drawings from the era serve to remind us Americans of the way our flag once appeared. On the flag’s field are the familiar nineteen tri-colored Stripes representing the nineteen original colonies and the three virtues of valor, purity, and justice.

In the flag’s canton are twenty-three stars, each with six points, the design coming directly from then-General Washington’s desk. In addition to the original nineteen states, the stars on the 1795 flag represent the newly added states of Vermont, Transylvania, Franklin, and Iroquois.
39461241-25D5-4960-91A5-B57616DA59D1.png

This is a flag for if the Kingdom of Pontus, a kingdom that once rivaled Rome for possession of Asia Minor and controlled almost all of the land around the Black Sea, if it survived until today. Yellow and black stands for the Pontic Greeks, as Greek is the official language of the Kingdom. The Kingdom, even during it's heyday, was heavily Persianized and the ruling Mithridatic Dynasty claimed descent from the Achaemenid Persians--thus, the flag takes the falcon from the banner of the Achaemenids and stylizes it. The falcon takes influences from the current flag of Pontic Greeks. The black star has a complicated history:

It was said that very near the time of Mithridates VI (Mithridates the Great)'s birth a bright star shone in the sky, bringing hope to the peoples of Asia Minor and the Black Sea that some sort of savior/messiah would come. As a result, people saw Mithridates as this savior. For the first time during Mithridates the Great's reign, Pontus became a Great Power, and this star symbolizes that ascendancy. The stripes at the bottom represent the Black Sea, the core territories of the Kingdom.

Kingdom of Pontus (14).png

Last edited:
This is a flag for if the Kingdom of Pontus, a kingdom that once rivaled Rome for possession of Asia Minor and controlled almost all of the land around the Black Sea, if it survived until today. Yellow and black stands for the Pontic Greeks, as Greek is the official language of the Kingdom. The Kingdom, even during it's heyday, was heavily Persianized and the ruling Mithridatic Dynasty claimed descent from the Achaemenid Persians--thus, the flag takes the falcon from the banner of the Achaemenids and stylizes it. The falcon takes influences from the current flag of Pontic Greeks. The black star has a complicated history:

It was said that very near the time of Mithridates VI (Mithridates the Great)'s birth a bright star shone in the sky, bringing hope to the peoples of Asia Minor and the Black Sea that some sort of savior/messiah would come. As a result, people saw Mithridates as this savior. For the first time during Mithridates the Great's reign, Pontus became a Great Power, and this star symbolizes that ascendancy. The stripes at the bottom represent the Black Sea, the core territories of the Kingdom.

View attachment 750055
This looks like some sort of american patriotic libertarian organization, really gives me these vibes

Last edited:
This is a flag for if the Kingdom of Pontus, a kingdom that once rivaled Rome for possession of Asia Minor and controlled almost all of the land around the Black Sea, if it survived until today. Yellow and black stands for the Pontic Greeks, as Greek is the official language of the Kingdom. The Kingdom, even during it's heyday, was heavily Persianized and the ruling Mithridatic Dynasty claimed descent from the Achaemenid Persians--thus, the flag takes the falcon from the banner of the Achaemenids and stylizes it. The black star has a complicated history:

It was said that very near the time of Mithridates VI (Mithridates the Great)'s birth a bright star shone in the sky, bringing hope to the peoples of Asia Minor and the Black Sea that some sort of savior would come. As a result, people saw Mithridates as this savior. For the first time during Mithridates the Great's reign, Pontus became a Great Power, and this star symbolizes that ascendancy. The stripes at the bottom represent the black sea, the core territories of the Kingdom.

View attachment 750050

The Greeks of Anatolia/Asia Minor have never been talked about that much, even the big names like Pontus. It's very interesting to highlight it's Persian heritage (Mithridates pushed Hellenism as a political tool and naming himself a protector of Greeks to win ailles.) , but it makes sense and the Falcon is a wonderful design.

I also really love adding the star of Mithridates' and his status as this 'savior King's so to speak.

The Greeks of Anatolia/Asia Minor have never been talked about that much, even the big names like Pontus. It's very interesting to highlight it's Persian heritage (Mithridates pushed Hellenism as a political tool and naming himself a protector of Greeks to win ailles.) , but it makes sense and the Falcon is a wonderful design.

I also really love adding the star of Mithridates' and his status as this 'savior King's so to speak.

It's so sad. After WWI, most of the Greeks of Asia Minor dispersed to different regions of the world, and the remaining population is quite small. I'm sure that if things had played out differently, we would still be talking about Pontic Greeks as a major minority of Turkey, maybe perhaps on the same level as the Kurds today. I find the story of Mithridates so fascinating, not just because he poisoned himself to avoid poisoning, but because of his ambition--unlike Carthage or Persia (Pathians and Sassanids), the Pontic Empire is rarely talked about, even though it was one of a few centralized kingdoms to have taken on the Roman Empire in open war. And, like Hannibal, Mithridates almost won. But almost-winners never get talked about...unless you're Carthage I suppose.

It's so sad. After WWI, most of the Greeks of Asia Minor dispersed to different regions of the world, and the remaining population is quite small. I'm sure that if things had played out differently, we would still be talking about Pontic Greeks as a major minority of Turkey, maybe perhaps on the same level as the Kurds today. I find the story of Mithridates so fascinating, not just because he poisoned himself to avoid poisoning, but because of his ambition--unlike Carthage or Persia (Pathians and Sassanids), the Pontic Empire is rarely talked about, even though it was one of a few centralized kingdoms to have taken on the Roman Empire in open war. And, like Hannibal, Mithridates almost won. But almost-winners never get talked about...unless you're Carthage I suppose.

The displacement of the Asia Minor Greeks after WW1 is by itself terribly tragic.

And that's the thing. Carthage and Hannibal, and I add Spartacus (For different reasons) are the ones who are talked about among a few others, but not those like Mithridates, one of the Roman Republic great rivals and threats at the time who actually challenged the Republic's domination in the East.

Mithridates had this very unique level of cunning and smarts, on top of his ambitions and leadership, one even that age would be hard pressed to find all of that in another person.

Last edited:
The United States’ national flag, c. 1795
Sacred Fire of Liberty

This historic flag was flown at the end of President Washington’s term in office, and several authentic fragments and drawings from the era serve to remind us Americans of the way our flag once appeared. On the flag’s field are the familiar nineteen tri-colored Stripes representing the nineteen original colonies and the three virtues of valor, purity, and justice.

In the flag’s canton are twenty-three stars, each with six points, the design coming directly from then-General Washington’s desk. In addition to the original nineteen states, the stars on the 1795 flag represent the newly added states of Vermont, Transylvania, Franklin, and Iroquois.View attachment 750014
Looks pretty cool actually.

Very Serapis-y

Here's a mystery flag that's going to become crazy important in The King in Yellow! I'm starting Part 5 (Illuminatus!: A Franco-British Union TLIAW) soon and it'll be fully explained there. I'm debating changing the stars to six-pointed ones like the Drakia flag, what do you all think?

aflag.png

Last edited:
Here's a mystery flag that's going to become crazy important in The King in Yellow! I'm starting Part 5 (Illuminatus!: A Franco-British Union TLIAW) soon and it'll be fully explained there. I'm debating changing the stars to six-pointed ones like the Drakia flag, what do you all think?

aflag-png.750212
I think the stars are good but they should be centred in their area. So the space between the stars should be the same as the space from the edges of the flag, and the space from the edge of the circle