A Blunted Sickle - Thread II

Perfectly understandable to be overwhelmed by life. Especially considering what's been happening over the last two years. Take your time, mental health and personal lives take priority.
Yeah. Unfortunately I'm simultaneously dealing with relatively severe depression, major drama in my personal life and a day job which is taking all my spare energy. I keep meaning to start writing again, but I think realistically it'll be a while.

Good things take time!
I'd rather wait for quality.
Thankyou.

The author has said he won't threadmark the story, but if you message him there is a version available for sale. All proceeds towards charity.
Anybody interested, PM me. Apologies to those who have and I haven't replied - don't have the mental energy to deal with it at the moment o_O

The first volume started nine-ish years ago, when threadmarks weren't a thing yet (I beleive) He's five years into this volume.
Yeah, this story predates threadmarks by a long time. In fact, it also predates my school-age children....

Driftless

Donor
Yeah. Unfortunately I'm simultaneously dealing with relatively severe depression, major drama in my personal life and a day job which is taking all my spare energy. I keep meaning to start writing again, but I think realistically it'll be a while.

I have a couple of family members who battle depression. It's utterly sapping at times, so do what you need to do for your own health. That's best for your family too.

I wish you the very best of luck in dealing with your problems and struggles. And do avail yourself of whatever support is available to you. The stories on this forum are amusing but are not really the important thing after all. Even if you did kill off Hitler in a unique and memorable way.

I've been reading the English translation of France Fights On as the translations are done and while I definitely disagree on some of the choices in TL, it is interesting to see some of the flash forwards and some things done from the standpoint of the News reporters.

It does make me wonder how things in the last two weeks are being covered in the media. The British at least need every *drop* of fuel they can find in their race to reach the Russian border, so are unlikely to be bringing along embedded reporters. The French might actually be more likely to do so. And I don't think the any reporters would be on the Front lines, There might be coverage of what happened in Vienna from Neutral embedded reporters. (US, etc.) . I'm not sure how much the various nations (other than Czechoslovakia and Hungary?) are sharing where their troops are.

It wouldn't surprise me *that* much to have a reporter (with a mild death wish) fly into Stockholm, get on a fishing boat into Denmark, buy a horse ($$$$) and *attempt* to catch up with the British.

On another note, I would expect Thorvald Stauning (Prime Minister of Denmark) who died in May of 1942 to die a *much* happier man. I'm not sure that his legacy will change much iTTL, he would be still be one of the most admired Danes of the 20th century. Who follows him as PM might change though.

I can sympathize all too well. You've managed to sum up my own recent life history pretty accurately, with a liberal dash of chronic pain thrown in.

bobbins

Donor

Thankyou.

Anybody interested, PM me. Apologies to those who have and I haven't replied - don't have the mental energy to deal with it at the moment o_O

Yeah, this story predates threadmarks by a long time. In fact, it also predates my school-age children....
Please take all the time you need and I sincerely hope things improve for you. Perhaps a quote in the spirit of your TL - when you’re going through hell, keep going.
Best wishes on things improving.

Very kind of you, thanks. The timeline isn't dead, I'm just a bit overwhelmed by life at the moment so can't face writing. Promise!
Yeah, life can be tough. Stay strong and take care, we are all with you in our thoughts and prayers, there will be time for continue this TL.

Hope your problems pass and you can get back to this brilliant timeline PDF. Good luck!

Good luck & all the best.

Good luck, pdf. Take all the time you need. Your health and real life comes first.