Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Holiest Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania-Hungary-Bohemia-Teutononicorum-Siberia, her Free Associate Cossacks, Autonomous States, Imperial Clients and Loyal Allies in the Year of Our Lord, A.D 1944 (Space colonies not shown)
SNIP
An ultimate Poland wank, as in I really can't think of how to expand it (outside migration era changes)
Theres no detailed timeline but if you have any questions feel free to ask :3
Awesome map and cool scenario, but one nitpick: you forgot to include the color square for Denmark-Norway :p

View attachment 748865
The same scenario, plus another hundred years.
The cursed English are currently undergoing an American revolution/English civil war two for one combo deal. colonial revolutionaries are allied with the parliamentarian forces in England, hence the shared color.

Also, yes that is indeed a Genoan colony in Venezuela
OTL actually saw an enormous amount of support for the Parliamentarians in New England, with a lot of volunteers to the Roundheads. There was also some support for the Royalists in Virginia, but less.

rose__tulips__and_liberty__the_middle_east__1945_by_the_art_gem_df71895-fullview.jpg

The Map of the Middle East in the Rose, Tulips, and Liberty Timeline in 1945. I apologize for some of the errors in the cities and their placement.

This reminds me that I should try finding those two good maps on head showing all the kingdoms they claimed King Arthur had. So amusing how they had a dozen kings fawning over him and they had the King of India working under the Roman Consul. I half suspect there may be something similar here and find it somewhat odd how many subdivisions there are, given how the English, French, and Iberian kings worked in consolidating things. I suppose cutting up everyone into direct vassals or districts in England might help a little, but I am slightly stumped on how this map would all come about. Seems almost like every dynasty that had the English crown or who married into it are shown here. Suppose it is just going for the ASOIAF vibe. By the way, what is the green stuff supposed be?

EDIT: Ahhh, yep. I see from a post made while it was typing it was the Raj. Still curious about the geeen.

but I am slightly stumped on how this map would all come about. Seems almost like every dynasty that had the English crown or who married into it are shown here.

John of Gaunt gets Castile.
England and Castile enters personal union under Henry IV.
HYW is an English victory.
Tudors and then Stewarts still happen.
Bohemia is something to do with the "Winter King"

Crossposting from the MotF thread with a silly map, but considering the theme, I think it is worth some silliness. Comments, questions, favourite cameo, all of those are welcomed!

xl1VUI8.png

So I decided to interpret the challenge as asking for a world where a ahistorical theory turns out to be true, and after debating the various options the mad confines of the human mind allowed, I decided to go for a all-in-one and make a Hollow Earth map, inhabited by a plethora of cryptids, mythical beings, conspiracy theories, fictional characters and just general anomalies. There's no rhyme or reason to it, really. And there's a sort of XKCD aesthetic to it as well, since I found that to be a good way of depicting all of this weirdness.

A personal favorite is the rainbow (sea) serpent, and a friend of mine loves the Easter Island lake. There's a bunch of them though, do tell me the ones you enjoyed most.

I like how alien the whole inverted continents (both with the oceans and geometrically) look, but I have to say trying to fill up 70% of the globe turned out to be a nightmare and it's a shame just how empty the map still is. But oh well, it could be much worse I suppose. I generally enjoyed working the map and exploring just how wild some theories out there can be. Hope you all get to enjoy it as well.​
it is a bit empty, but odds are an earth that was 70% land will have a lot of deserts so I’ll chose to believe those large empty areas are barren dunes

I’m loving the XKCD aesthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.