Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed Los, you missed Lubbock, you missed the Texas Brotherhood...

Ive treated that as non-canon per the developers. So to avoid confusion by mixing canon and non-canon Fallout lore (which can be contradictory) I chose to eliminate anything non-canon

Last edited:

Faeelin

Banned
Well.... Yeah, i didnt spell check. I meant I am only using canon sources

For example those areas such as the Southwest and California, New England and the Capital region.
But if you're only using canon sources, this stuff isn't canon save for the Legion, right?

mBuppLi.jpg

Are you teaching your pupils about Europe? Our Europe poster map helps ſtudents to learn, engage and remember more information than ever before! With a ſimple and colourful deſign, the map lists each country on the European continent and clearly displays their flag and location, as well as the oceans and ſeas that ſurround them. The large ſize, measuring 40 x 25 GB″, ensures the poſter is eaſily readable from a distance. It's ideal for a topical claſsroom display you can use as part of geography leſsons, although it'll also look great brightening and decorating any bedrooms or hallways.
Brought to you by Coeus Printing, Britain’s leading provider of educational posters for ſchools, with a range that ſpans over 25 ſubjects across all levels by combining a bold, visual approach with ſimple, concise information, we have provided over three million resources to more than 30,000 claſsrooms world-wide.

£5.10.0

Free Delivery

Get it by the 7th of July

Criticism welcomed

Last edited:
What's the etymology of Obarland?
Oberland

Upperland

Upper Hungary

I think.
Yep
My idea was when Slovakia separated from Hungary (peacefully, under a personal union) Oberungarn was used as the official name in German, the main language of commerce and nobility in the region. Over time Oberland became popular as the nation sought greater independence, (though within limits to keep the Hungarian and German populations happy). Most western European travellers to the nation would likely only speak German and maybe Hungarian, so they’d bring that name back with them.

Feel free to ask any questions whatsoever, though I warn you the lore’s very patchy and I’ll keep some stuff under wraps
My first question is, who is king of France? Followed by a how did they stay king?
Then:
What is the status of the Vatican/Pope? Since Italy is a unified kingdom which includes them.
Is there an ATL EU type organization? Maybe a permanent Council of Europe?

I will assume that North America isn't developed yet. But Canadian New England is quite interesting as well.

My first question is, who is king of France? Followed by a how did they stay king?
France is still ruled by the Bourbons. The POD is Prince William surviving and keeping the Stuarts in power in Britain, butterflies lead to the Whig war party in England staying in power for longer allowing Marlborough to remain in control of the English army for longer, successfully capturing Paris after his success at Bouchain. The Tories still come to power though and the peace of Utrecht isn’t all that different with Britain still abandoning the Habsburgs. However the capture of Paris to a Nation that had a revolution in living memory leaves a strong impression in the French psyche. France for the next half century or so years is rather unstable and ends up somewhat reform-minded, but avoids a revolution
What is the status of the Vatican/Pope? Since Italy is a unified kingdom which includes them.
The precursor to modern Italy was a federation similar to that many Italian nationalists proposed in 1848 led by the pope, but this didn’t last long as the pope didn’t appeal to Italian nationalist interests enough. The pope fled to France for a good while, though eventually tensions eased and property was returned to papal ownerships. There is officially no sovereign state as the Vatican city, but the Pope himself is considered a kind of sovereign individual and his territories in Italy and France effectively act independently anyway.
Is there an ATL EU type organization? Maybe a permanent Council of Europe?
There’s a few tree trade and travel treaties, but nothing on the scale of the EU. My idea of modern Europe is that it’s similar to the post-Napoleonic concert of Europe, there’s a of NATO equivalent, but it would be better to compare it to the Holy Alliance. There’s the Council of Jerusalem where nations meet to discuss international treaties, but I haven’t really defined it.
I will assume that North America isn't developed yet. But Canadian New England is quite interesting as well.
I’m afraid so, but I have some stuff down. For one they wouldn’t like being called Canadien, Canadiens speak French. English speakers from Albionoria (Name pending) are Yankees and usually stereotyped as fishermen, or farmers if they're from the prairies.

Criticism welcomed
Dear ſir,

Aſ uſſually your companieſ productſ are of the fineſt quality, however your lateſt Map of The Nationſ of Europe containſ ſome annoying errorſ. I counted four instanceſ, where the s, which iſ only uſed in the nameſ of waterbodieſ (Mandatory for riverſ, prefered for otherſ, which i regrettably ſee your company not doing, but i can live with that choiſe, if it at leaſt done conſiſtently, which it iſn't), iſ uſed in plain text and country- and citynameſ. Moſt annoying iſ the very inconſiſtent uſe in the country name Ruſſia.

Pleaſe correct theſe errorſ and i probably end up buying your eſthetically pleaſing map.

OOC: I'm roleplaying here a ussually very annoying person, who i don't wanna be, but i have to admit the inconsistent Russia thing did distract me here, because it's so very prominent.

Status
Not open for further replies.