The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

What can i say? I just have the hots for bizarre yet brilliant filmmakers working together!

I would imaginate many OTL prominent Soviet/Russian directors working on the West since Stalinist movie culture survived much longer and there is not much doing for post-Soviet Russian directors.

I sometimes wonder, I must admit, about What Ifs of What Ifs :p

In this case...I wonder how different the FoM-verse would have been if Roosevelt had lived longer and, as OTL, Truman had replaced him. I don't see Truman being soft on the Soviets like Wallace was...

I sometimes wonder, I must admit, about What Ifs of What Ifs :p

In this case...I wonder how different the FoM-verse would have been if Roosevelt had lived longer and, as OTL, Truman had replaced him. I don't see Truman being soft on the Soviets like Wallace was...

FDR probably wouldn't give that much appeseaments to Stalin as Wallace did ITTL.

Truman would handle Second Soviet-Polish War betterly if it still occurs. Not sure how China would go.

Politically Democrats probably would survive like in OTL.

Just for the sake of clarification, I'm aiming to self-publish by month's end or a little beyond. I've made some further edits to bring further attention to the injustices happening in this world (the Wehrmacht getting off even lighter, for one); I don't think I can add much more anti-Fascist commentary without treating the readers like five-year-olds who have never heard the term before.

I will try get a cover from Fiverr - I'm thinking Mussolini fighting Hitler one-on-one or somesuch or a similarly grandiose design.

I will try get a cover from Fiverr - I'm thinking Mussolini fighting Hitler one-on-one or somesuch or a similarly grandiose design.
That cover alone is worth buying
Maybe something like this?
Soviet_Posters_worldwartwo.filminspector.com_1.jpg

Please let me know where i can buy a copy. I think this would be one of my greatest joys.

I certainly will once I've self-published - I've got a cover illustrator now. He has his own schedule so I don't want to give defined dates but I'm pretty confident we're nearly done here.

Just for the sake of clarification, I'm aiming to self-publish by month's end or a little beyond. I've made some further edits to bring further attention to the injustices happening in this world (the Wehrmacht getting off even lighter, for one); I don't think I can add much more anti-Fascist commentary without treating the readers like five-year-olds who have never heard the term before.

Are you ok with me doing alternate electionpoll serkes on reddit / here with fom as premise? You shall be credited.

So, I was thinking of the idea of TTL West German ranks and NATO standardization. Okay, in German tradition up till the end of the Second World War , Major General/Generalmajor is a one star rank whereas in NATO rank tables, Brigadier General is a one star rank with Major General being a two star rank. Did TTL's West Germany keep the same rank tables or did they have to adjust it to comply with NATO regulations?

Do you think they will be equivalent of the Indian Resident School in Italy colony of Libya and Somalia?

Italians are still Imperialist and they are Fascists in this timeline and even if the alley to Jews.
They still pretty bigoted in The Empire, so do you think they will take and kidnap Libyan, Somalian, Ethiopian and Slovens children into Government and Catholic schools to Italicized those kids as Italian Subjects?

Do you think they will be equivalent of the Indian Resident School in Italy colony of Libya and Somalia?

Italians are still Imperialist and they are Fascists in this timeline and even if the alley to Jews.
They still pretty bigoted in The Empire, so do you think they will take and kidnap Libyan, Somalian, Ethiopian and Slovens children into Government and Catholic schools to Italicized those kids as Italian Subjects?
Unlikely. The way it worked for South Tyroleans IOTL, they were banned from learning their language, and schoolkids using German were punished, but Canadian-style residential schools were never on the table. Slovenes likely get the same treatment.

As for the colonial enterprises: Lybia was more like "adapt, or go deeper in the desert" both ITTL and in OTL, so no reason to kidnap children from their families (after all, the parents are possibly doing that job for you); Eritrea seems to have had a fairly even Mainland Italian spread all over the territory, so a Residential School system would be the regular school system, no kidnappings involved but possibly still beatings; Ethiopia was a warzone and in the end the area was basically subjected to a population exchange; and Somalia doesn't seem to have been pacified any more than it had been pacified in the Thirties, so no way such a system could work.

In 2022 Italy is not anymore fascist state.

Yes, they are quiet bigoted but seems being religiously tolerant as long as minorities don't get any stupid ideas. Politicds towards other ethnic groups have changed through decades and depending what ethnic groups they are. Germans in South Tyrol and Slovenes were mostly expelled at end of WW2 and rest were just italiased and their native languages were banned. Not such kidnapping politics as Canada and Australia practised but probably many orphan children were adopted to loyal Italian families and they just eventually forgotten their ancestral languages.

Towards other ethnic groups Italians seemed being softed but not much. Strong Italiasation politics and making clear who is boss. Libyans were enforced abandon their Arab identitet and they who couldn't accept Italian culture were simply expelled to desert.

Albania and Montenegro seems being bit like OTL Wales. Italian culture and language are dominant ones but native languages are spoken on remote countryside.

Only really horrible racist region seems being Italian Eat Africa. Ethiopia is independent but what is left is not greatest places to be native. Not outright persecution nor opressive apartheid system but still not nice place.