Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually took me a while to find what was different. For those interested, Central America unified again, Uganda annexed Rwanda, Tanzania annexed Burundi, Ethiopia annexes Somalia and Eritrea, but leaves Somaliland independent, Malaysia annexes Brunei, Gibraltar and Malta do not exist. Cyprus is unified, as well as Korea, Belgium is split, and the Soviet Union only kicked out Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, and Azerbaijan. Also Nepal and Bhutan unified and annexed Sikkim, and India never loses Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Bhutan and Sikkim are part of India, you mixed Azerbaijan and Armenia, Tanzania annexed both Rwanda and Burundi, Nigeria also annexed Ambazonia, Nakhichevan appears to have fallen in Armenian hands, Chinese Cachemire isn't Chinese, it would also seem that West Sahara is still alive, Brussels independent and Italy took a bit of Slovenia. Similarly Bosnia took parts of the Croatian coast

Spain in Fallen Ash
View attachment 713751

POD: Portugal establishes a few more cities along the West African coast, because Dum Diversas killed a butterfly by accident and felt bad.
(year is 1993 btw :p)
Spain, an imperium built on blood and gold, has become one of the greatest powers of the world.
After hundreds of years of trade monopoly and colonization Spain has fallen greatly, though still a great power. Bolivar freed South America from Madrin. Mexico broke away and became the greatest power on the hemisphere. Catalonia abolished the state and liberated the workers of the Mediterranean. It seemed like Spain would lose everything they spent hundreds of years creating. Around the 1890s the Habsburgs were losing their prestige while Madrid could no longer handle her colonies. Out of desperation, with hope, Spain's government was deconstructed, and the Spanish Imperial Federation was created in its place. Surprisingly, despite the loss of some lands to separatists, it worked. For the past 100 years the Imperial Federation has survived, though with Madrid no longer the titan it once was. Where the project failed, such as Taiwan, Portugal stepped in to help manage Spain's domain.
As the European theater becomes tenser it seems Iberia is either on the verge of death or the at the start of a new golden century.
Why are Aragon and Navarre still on the coat of arms if they aren't in Spain anymore?

It actually took me a while to find what was different. For those interested, Central America unified again, Uganda annexed Rwanda, Tanzania annexed Burundi, Ethiopia annexes Somalia and Eritrea, but leaves Somaliland independent, Malaysia annexes Brunei, Gibraltar and Malta do not exist. Cyprus is unified, as well as Korea, Belgium is split, and the Soviet Union only kicked out Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, and Azerbaijan. Also Nepal and Bhutan unified and annexed Sikkim, and India never loses Pakistan and Bangladesh.
... A strange viewpoint, but one that might make a good map. How’s about it? Anyone want to try a map where the Soviets kicked out some countries? I personally o wonder what the country would be like, with nearly 85 million Muslims and a great deal more in secular Turks, Tartars, etc.

World Map 2020 - Expanded Aral Sea -.png

A WIP map of the world in 2020 that I made at the time to use as a base for both countries and color patterns. I was supposed to use it as the basis for "The World According to X Countries", but I still have to translate the text I wrote for those parts. As you can see, the base map is very similar to the one I used for Eagle Reborn.

The base map is one that was sent to me a while ago on Discord and that included the sub-national divisions. I'm not sure who did it, because the person who passed it shared it as a "useful resource", but it is highly doubtful that they made the original map. Credit for the unknown base map author.

The color palette combines elements of the Europa Universalis 4 and Victoria II political map color palettes founded on the Internet. Credit to the authors.

I have occasionally used colors taken from the OTL national flags for countries that did not exist on these maps, such as Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania or Ukraine. Others have colors that came in the image editor (Germany, United States).

I pulled the expanded Aral Sea from the Victoria II map, mainly because I thought it looked better than what's currently out there. I also have the version that includes the Aral Sea from OTL.

Last edited:
View attachment 713783
A map of the world in 2020 that I made at the time to use as a base for both countries and color patterns. I was supposed to use it as the basis for "The World According to X Countries", but I still have to translate the text I wrote for those parts. As you can see, the base map is very similar to the one I used for Eagle Reborn.

The base map is one that was sent to me a while ago on Discord and that included the sub-national divisions. I'm not sure who did it, because the person who passed it shared it as a "useful resource", but it is highly doubtful that they made the original map. Credit for the unknown base map author.

The color palette combines elements of the Europa Universalis 4 and Victoria II political map color palettes founded on the Internet. Credit to the authors.

I have occasionally used colors taken from the OTL national flags for countries that did not exist on these maps, such as Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania or Ukraine. Others have colors that came in the image editor (Germany, United States).

I pulled the expanded Aral Sea from the Victoria II map, mainly because I thought it looked better than what's currently out there. I also have the version that includes the Aral Sea from OTL.
I feel like giving Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, and the Palestinian Territories the same color is...suboptimal, unless you're trying to lead to something.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Seems more like a warning action than a kick worthy one. Were there previous problems?
Obviously I disagree.

This is the wrong place to have the discussion of the action, but as I posted in the Kick/Ban thread it was the third of the three posts that earned the week on the bench.

View attachment 713783
A WIP map of the world in 2020 that I made at the time to use as a base for both countries and color patterns. I was supposed to use it as the basis for "The World According to X Countries", but I still have to translate the text I wrote for those parts. As you can see, the base map is very similar to the one I used for Eagle Reborn.

Yes, I'll fix this in the future. The "lead" leads to "In that moment, I just didn't have any more colors in the palette yet to put in".

I must comment that it is curious that apparently no one realized that Central America and many countries in Saharian Africa are also still with the same color (and yes, it is for the same reason as Israel and its neighbors, namely, at that time they did not have different colors for everyone)

I must comment that it is curious that apparently no one realized that Central America and many countries in Saharian Africa are also still with the same color (and yes, it is for the same reason as Israel and its neighbors, namely, at that time they did not have different colors for everyone)
I lived in Israel for several years, so my eye is often drawn there on maps.

Prussia.png
Basically, the Eastern Prussian Evacuation does not happen, and instead becomes a German region of the USSR, and eventually the Russian Federation.

Hmm. When the USSR collapses, what incentive would they have had to not rejoin Germany, particularly with that demography? Other than the potential “NO WE REFUSE TO LET YOU BE A PART OF YOUR HOMELAND AGAIN” from NATO, I guess.

If they were an ASSR and not an SSR (which, being a Republic of the Russian Federation indicates) then they would not have an easy time seceding (it would be like Chechnya, not the Baltic States).

If they were an ASSR and not an SSR (which, being a Republic of the Russian Federation indicates) then they would not have an easy time seceding (it would be like Chechnya, not the Baltic States).
To be fair, int he case of Chechnya they were right next to Russia, they had an economy where kidnapping was the the biggest business, and they kept raiding Russia until an invasoin of Dagestan by Islamists in Chechnya who declared it independent. Still, a German populated Kaliningrad would be difficult since there would be massacres or people fighting to the death there, especially Orussians May have been seen as the airtio that kept invading Slavic and Baltic lands. There would probably also be trickle down effects with the Polish border and Western Germans claiming southern East Prussia. I think we can all agree there was no possibility of Germans keeping this area, especially as the whole reason for the Soviets getting that land was the fiction that the Soviets were not going to annex the Baltic States and that this would provide Russia with their port. So I guess this area would be filled with Russian military bases anyways.

TcSBKLc.png

Map of the Dominion of Nyrfold
(approx ~50-60 km west of the Azores)
Basically a what if on if Atlantis's myth was true, but with a Norse and British twist
took me a whole bloody day! Thoughts?​

Status
Not open for further replies.