Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not biased at all!
Basically a what if on what if the 1946 Himalayan Proposal actually succeeded.

Map of Nepal (Imaginary Maps).png

Yeah I'm not biased at all!
Basically a what if on what if the 1946 Himalayan Proposal actually succeeded.

View attachment 708539

Now that's cool. :p

I wonder if Tibet could've petitioned the federation for annexation, too - since it doesn't seem that it fared much better under the RoC. An earlier POD would be for the British to go further inland than they did IRL, so that the King of Bhutan could've been made king of all of Tibet, under the same semi-independent protectorate deal of OTL. But in this case, the balance of power in the Himalayas would've probably shifted in favour of Tibet, rather than Nepal.

Speaking of Britain, the Bengali must've given London one hell of a black eye, for the Crown to elevate Bengal to the status of dominion. Hopefully, this Bengal continued on the path to industrialization it was headed to before their IRL defeat, rather than being razed to the ground by the industrialists on the other side of Eurasia. That said, a Bengali industrial power would probably take climate change quite seriously, given its rather... risky location.

The two colors for Tuscany got some 'splainin' to do.
The purple part is a puppet state, which is used so that the two sicilies and tuscany would not have contact. After some thinking, I decided to do away with it and put it all in the same color. So that's fixed.
The key could use some tidying as well. Spain/Portugal are clearly afterthoughts, for example.
Remember that i took this key from someone else. After i was done i realised i could just copy the squares with the color and could put them somewhere else! I'm going to rearrange them, probably in clusters of western europe, scandinavia, Balkan, ect.

I'm kind of experimenting with visual storytelling. And samizdat stickers are a thingin in OTL Belarus, apparently.
I doubt that flag of the Union of Soviet Sovereign Republics will turn blue, having lost the Hammer and Sickle along the way. Considering that symbols of the CIS were created specifically for the Commonwealth of Independent States, and not for the renewed Union

A sequel to my last map

By the 1980s, the Western Bloc would face several issues such as the Indo-American split, The Argentine War and Philippine Civil War, and an economic crisis. By the late 80s, several European nations would leave the alliance and their communist governments toppling. By 1993, only a handful of nations remain in the western bloc. The French government in Africa would retake the mainland, although they are forced to abandon their holdings in Africa excluding Northern Algeria. Eurasia and China would just watch from the scene and would focus more on their domestic policy. The UCSSA and the Commonwealth would see their own problems, with political polarization and a growing anti-government sentiment. There were attempts of reform, mainly from the last UCSSA president, Oliver Foster, and Commonwealth premier, Myles Richardson. There was a proposed plan for America and the Commonwealth to merge but that failed. Ultimentally, with the situation dire, the first states such as Texas and Province such as Scotland would begin to succeed. Soon, nearly all of the states in the UCSSA and Province in the Commonwealth has left. On December 26, 1994, the UCSSA was dissolved as the last remaining states in the east would allow the US government in exile in Alaska to return. The Commonwealth now just England also dissolve, and the monarchy returned to them, although South Africa retain them as head of state. Eurasia is now the sole superpower. By the turn of the 21st century, conflicts still arose such as the Kentucky War (1996-1998) fought between the Great Lakes, the United States, and Dixie over who should own the land. By the late 2010s, a new Cold War seems to be on the rise between Eurasia and India, while China would begin to leave the Eurasia alliance, becoming more and more neutral. As of 2021, the world is now seeing a new cold war arise.

ReverseColdWar(PostColdWar).png

The purple part is a puppet state, which is used so that the two sicilies and tuscany would not have contact. After some thinking, I decided to do away with it and put it all in the same color. So that's fixed.

Remember that i took this key from someone else. After i was done i realised i could just copy the squares with the color and could put them somewhere else! I'm going to rearrange them, probably in clusters of western europe, scandinavia, Balkan, ect.
*Nods*
...still...
Erin go bragh!

Is Artic some kind of Commie Canuck re-standardized spelling or is it supposed to be Arctic?
Sounds a bit like how the old folks around here would talk. They still say Warshington, after all… And no one says ‘caramel’ correctly thanks to a little rich suburb of our capital.

Does the Holy Union conduct normal diplomacy or is it more of the Societist approach?
Fairly normal: it doesn't deny other states exist, their political divisions are just one of the many problems they suffer from due to not converting to Second Revelation Cao Dai. It's a bit like diplomacy during the Cold War: each side is ideologically fundamentally hostile to the other, but the correct forms are followed.

pacificrepublicmap3.png

Backstory: This is from a timeline (more of which can be found here) where the Pacific Republic seceded from the United States at the beginning of the Civil War. They would go on to win the war alongside the Confederacy. Shortly after, it was decided by the Pacifican Government to split the state of California between the states of Colorado (southern California), San Joaquin (central California/San Joaquin Valley), New Albion (California bay area), and Nevada (northern California). So that is what this map is showing.

View attachment 708469
I wanted to try showing US presidential elections on a worlda, potentially for use as an inset in one of my maps later on. I recall that years ago there was a compilation of worldas showing every presidential election but I've lost track of that over the years. If anyone knows where it is and has a link, I'd be very grateful.

The color choices here are a bit odd but then this is just a test.
Loving the layout. I think you should, however, go for more conventional colours

Status
Not open for further replies.