The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

How would the USSR develop with FDR living until April 12, 1945 and Truman succeeding like OTL instead of what happened in FoM canon?

One of factor with Truman's presidency is that Stalin not get nuclear bomb that early as in OTL. So Second Polish-Soviet War would last bit longer altough might still end to Soviet victory.

That would requite FDR to live until his OTL death date, considering he died before the 1944 elections.
I wonder how things would’ve gone if Truman had been FDR’s vice-president ITTL instead of Wallace?

TTL, letting Mussolini into the wartime coalition created a wedge between Roosevelt and Churchill.

The breakdown of their friendship accelerated FDR's death.

It's important to note by OTL 1944, his health was already really bad.

A better what if could be Hitler don't being an asshole declaring war on the Roman Alliance

There wouldn't be the plot or might be total failure like in OTL. I think that Italy might join to the war but much later. War in Europe probably would last to 1945 but not necessarility to May like in OTL. Germany would be more ruined than in OTL and Soviets would get more ground when they probably reach Berlin before Wallies. East Asia might be closer of OTL altough it is too possible that Wallace mess things again (I suppose that FDR would still die in 1944).

Stalin not goes as paranoid with Jews as in FoM so no Second Holocaust.

How did he meet Isabel if he never had to go into exile in this TL?

Meeting is not quiet impossible altough bit unlikely when Isabel is from Argentina. Perhaps Isabel had different career (for example Perón's secretary on 1950's and they married later) or then Perón met Isabel on night club in Buenos Aires (same way as in OTL only just different place). Yes, still unlikely but not totally impossible.

I wonder what Warhammer 40,000 would look like ittl? Would the Imperium of Man be more Italian-inspired than German? Would the Tau be more Soviet Union-esque?

Perhaps colonization could mean real assimiltation.

I could see the Aeldari and/or the Tau being assimilated, but not any other xenos. The other xenos are generally too insane. Orks and Tyranids cannot be "assimilated into society."

Alternatively, maybe the Aeldari are an Ethiopia analogue who wage an eternal guerrilla war against the Imperium.

So, I'm thinking more about my idea for a timeline involving portals between OTL and FoM opening up, and I'm thinking about the details a bit more.

-On our end, the portals would probably open up in early February 2019 to prevent meta stuff involving FoM already existing as a work of fiction. But, on the other end, it would be February 2020 so that all the events that happened in the 2019 of FoM would still be canon.

-Not all nations would get portals (especially since some nations would just lock down the portals to the other side immediately for ideological reasons.) Instead, only a handful of nations would get portals. Said nations then become more influential on the global political stage for fairly obvious reason.

-Since the PoD is in early 2019, I don't know if COVID will still be a thing. At any rate, both its presence or its absence would have major effects on the world stage.

Also, for more political effects:

-OTL Mongolia is... suspicious of the RoC, to put it mildly, and becomes closer to the PRC as a result. Conversely, FoM's Tibet and East Turkestan don't like the PRC. Central Asia in general is a region of competition between the China's.

-Depending on which European nations get portals, the EU could end up in serious trouble. I don't know the full list of European nations that have direct access to the other side, but Italy and Slovenia will definitely both have portals.

-The HIV vaccine is going to be a major political issue and/or bargaining chip, with some saying that political concessions to the other side (such as, for example, changing their foreign policy regarding Baathists and the PRC) should be made to get the vaccine, while others say that OTL has to make its own vaccine and not make concessions.

-If COVID is still a thing, I can see people on FoM's side panicking and fear mongering about our world sending it to theirs as biological warfare or something like that.

Just wondering how OTL Chileans are going react to FoM Chile. In FoM CHile Pinochet is seen as national hero instead bloodthirsty tyrant even among leftists. This might mortify Chileans speciality leftist ones. In other hand FoM Chile is probably slightly more leftist and better wellfare system than in OTL.

Left-wingers from OTL would definitely like the fact that Allende was able to serve a full term and that Chile was never a dictatorship here.

As for Pinochet, leftists might end up creating a view of FoM's Pinochet as a good, mirror-universe version of OTL's one. After all, this version of him was literally friends with his version of Allende, and he never became a dictator. I'd imagine that FoM Chile would be shocked to find out that the relationship between Allende and Pinochet IOTL was... not very good.

Maybe, in my timeline, Chile should get direct access to the other side. It could be interesting. Maybe a less extreme strain of the pink wave spreads to the other side?

So, I'm thinking more about my idea for a timeline involving portals between OTL and FoM opening up, and I'm thinking about the details a bit more.

-On our end, the portals would probably open up in early February 2019 to prevent meta stuff involving FoM already existing as a work of fiction. But, on the other end, it would be February 2020 so that all the events that happened in the 2019 of FoM would still be canon.

-Not all nations would get portals (especially since some nations would just lock down the portals to the other side immediately for ideological reasons.) Instead, only a handful of nations would get portals. Said nations then become more influential on the global political stage for fairly obvious reason.

-Since the PoD is in early 2019, I don't know if COVID will still be a thing. At any rate, both its presence or its absence would have major effects on the world stage.

Also, for more political effects:

-OTL Mongolia is... suspicious of the RoC, to put it mildly, and becomes closer to the PRC as a result. Conversely, FoM's Tibet and East Turkestan don't like the PRC. Central Asia in general is a region of competition between the China's.

-Depending on which European nations get portals, the EU could end up in serious trouble. I don't know the full list of European nations that have direct access to the other side, but Italy and Slovenia will definitely both have portals.

-The HIV vaccine is going to be a major political issue and/or bargaining chip, with some saying that political concessions to the other side (such as, for example, changing their foreign policy regarding Baathists and the PRC) should be made to get the vaccine, while others say that OTL has to make its own vaccine and not make concessions.

-If COVID is still a thing, I can see people on FoM's side panicking and fear mongering about our world sending it to theirs as biological warfare or something like that.
I have a another question what about the good old US of A

Okay I was hoping for otl USA reaction to FoM USA but that Oslo works. (Olso now I think about it it is better for the portal not in the USA because I don't trust the democrats or the Republican Party)

Last edited: