Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unfortunate that Drakia's downfall is spearheaded by radical Islam and thus probably won't be accepting of the AfD's ideals, but it's satisfying to see Drakia's distain for other races and religions finally bite them in the ass HARD.

Not that radical as far as Radical Islam goes. A lot of these Mujaheddin are regular or regular forces in service to the governments of Drakian Princely states who aren't fighting for much beyond the freedom to keep practicing their religion, a political system that will acknowledge them as equals, and priority for food. There are some more radical groups- particularly among the Bonded Sufi Brotherhoods- but they're mostly radical in a different direction than OTL Islamic radicals.

EDIT: What is the stance of the Lunar AfD command on the Valverde government in Mexico, given they've apparently broken contact with command?

They encouraged the American legacy states to reunify and continue prosecuting the war, but other than an absolute condemnation of the American Empire as illegitimate, they were trying to avoid alienating people they might some day be able to work with.

EDIT 2: Would Scandinavia be willing to defend the remnant German government in Pommerania from the Russians, or are they too focused on themselves?

They continued to actively arm and support the Germans there even after they recognized Drakia's ownership of Germany, so with Drakia not a concern it's very possible.

I had such a thrill in my chest when I saw this just updated. Folks, we absolutely love to see it.

:D

Is the Bonded language a dialect of English or an English-derived creole?

Multiple English dialects. While they have a lot more in the way of non-English loanwords and even non-English grammar than most English dialects, they remain mutually intelligible with English for most day-to-day conversation and for almost all academic uses.

Looking back at it, I think that having Drakia win the Final War, only for it to all come falling down was the best way to end off this timeline. This timeline isn't supposed to be a Drakastomp fic, you can browse stardestroyer.net for that. It's meant to be a realistic deconstruction of Stirling's series. Having Drakia win everything to fall on their own blade is the best way to discredit and eliminate Societism forever in this world. Drakia's collapse will probably plunge the whole African continent into its bloodiest era yet.

I do hope that we will get one more epilogue chapter detailing the post-war world up to 2020 and a map, though.

Thank you.:) One of the big challenges of writing this TL has been to balance the competing demands of wanting to see Drakia destroyed while not wanting the story to turn into a Drakastomp fic. The next chapter will be an epilogue with a closing map.

I think one thing that might be worth noting is that the word jihad has somewhat changed over the decades in our world. So in the Separaterverse, where the main oppressor for Islam was a highly autocratic and ultraconservative Christian state, Islamic thought probably doesn't have the same level of ultraconservatism as OTL's jihadist movements. While many of them may not be very democratic, most of the new states are probably just generic monarchies from when they were collaborators. For all we know, there might even be a few really cool avenues this Islamic movement could go; maybe there'll be a chill Islamic Situationist state in West Africa!

Yes. Terms like "Jihad" have very different connotations ITTL, and the Great Jihad is ultimately a reaction to being ruled by religious fundamentalists and ultra-reactionaries. While some will certainly take their hostility towards Drakian state-sponsored Christianity and apply it towards other Chritstian groups, and while it's hard to inaugurate democratic governance in a place with no history of democratic traditions, we're not talking about ISIS or Al-Qaeda here.

You managed to perfectly fulfill my inarticulate expectations of how the Fall would look, but I especially appreciated the segment on how Drakian slaves responded to their enslavement and resisted it, instead of just being wholly suborned or crushed by it.
Oh, and I echo those forecasting a potentially positive outcome from the Great Jihad.

Thanks dude,.:)

Hey, it's not like he can do much damage from whatever sliver of Africa he controls.

He's stuck in Sicily.XD

Some sort of Sufi awakening (given the underground currents mentioned) would be incredibly interesting

There is one already starting, as lower-class Muslims in the former Princely States or who belong to Martial Races associate the Islamic religious establishment with Drakian rule.

Sad to see Rhomania escaping the consequences of their own brutality by switching sides, wanted to see Turkey make a triumphant return... oh well.

Take a closer look at the areas of chaos in Rhomania.

And eat them, lol?

More likely they recycle the bodies as feedstock for hydroponics.

So falls the empire that imagined itself as Christ's kingdom on Earth but in truth it personified the warmongering and decadence of Imperial Rome, in addition to the evils and cruelty of the Assyrian Empire. Drakia is destroyed by its idealized super humans, who were nothing more then broken and traumatized children that deluded themselves into thinking that they would conquer the world. Its such a fitting for the Drakan nation.

I also love continuing dualism between the Drakan Empire and its sibling the American Republic. The Americans lost the Final War and ended up fragmenting but successor governments don't have any reasonable justification to not unify. The Drakans win(barely) the Final War but end up collapsing and fragmenting. The Drakan warlords factions are unlikely to work with one another due to their society encouraging a hyper individualized mindset that promotes backstabbing and a discouraging compromise.

Continuing on the comparison between Albion's two sons is how both nations treated their conquered neighbors. The American nation assimilated, gave concessions and put in the effort to integrate the former Mexican states. All that hardwork is vindicated when said states stayed loyal and now Metropolis/Mexico city is poised to re-unify America. Compared to how the Draka conquered but never integrated the peoples of its Empire to see themselves a Drakan, a failure that even the Roman's avoided. Now in the Drakian Empire's moment of weakness its former vassal nations are going to be the ones who topple the empire of the Dragon.

Thank you! The bolded above is one the big themes of this TL, and I'm loving that people got it!

I could as well but if that was still an option why was Dart in Jerusalem ?

He wanted to be in Jerusalem. Dude legitimately believed that he was ushering in the Millenium and the End Times along with the Final Society.

I imagine that the Vulcans might be more popular. After the devastation of the final wars, humans might conclude that they're too emotional, just like pre-Sarek vulcans. I can imagine the path of logic becoming more popular.

That's a really cool idea.

An interesting point could be that Societism, in any form, did not work.
The most deadly weapon system ever conceived, in the largest and most brutal offensive ever, failed to win the Last War for Drakia as intended and, worse, the Final Society utterly failed on its own merits after the supposed "victory". The Superiors failed to show any Superiority whatsoever, and never even managed to display ability to rule what they used to control, acting precisely the opposite way any "ruling class" should be. In Ibn Khaldun's terms, their elite solidarity eroded completely which means they are not elite anymore. As proven by the fact that they are busy fighting each other for power, instead of offering a disciplined united front in "Service to the State" as Societism required them to do.
This is unlikely to be lost to many people in Drakia. Societism failed them, and failed hard. The cherished pet project of ushering in the new Master Race produced deranged crazies who are dangerous and irresponsible even by Societist standards. The Agoge did produce not loyal Citizens but power-hungry ideologised fools who brought Drakia to ruin, starvation, and ultimately collapse. Bonded Labor only generated rabid hate. Even by the standards set by Naldorssen and Stoker, Drakia has been found wanting. I suspect that the vast majority of surviving Citizens will be forced by, well, reality, to take a hard, deep look at the shattered assumptions they'd built their existences on and realise how flawed they were.
Which is not to say that Drakia will change its name into, say, Azania, and all its population will start a Kumbaya-singing democratic lovefest, but Societism is unlikely to be popular there (or anywhere else, of course). I also guess that in such a devastated clean slate, brands of Situationism have a good to chance to raise considerable interest.

This. This. This. This.

Are there any native Morroccans left, considering how much say iron/zinc-mining and plain old working slaves to death consumed the native population?

Yes, there's still a decent Moroccan community around- a majority of whom are even inside of Morocco! One legacy of Morocco having been a Spanish colony first is that a large chunk of the population who had collaborated with the Spanish avoided Bondage as Nationals and became a source of cheap, skilled labor instead of disposable unskilled labor.

I wonder, of the ~ 50 000 Drakensis (unless I recall wrongly and that was just the size of the first batch), how many actually survived the first stage of the Final War? I would imagine their indoctrinated heads would not have much room for tactical competence.

About 30k of them are still around.

oh god oh fuck EBR is liking all of my posts the next update is inevitable brace yourselvesss

Just trying to respond to the wave of comments and

Pretty sure he like most of the posts in general as acknowledgment of community support.

This. :)

Speaking of the Draka; does anyone know any other good Draka fics/timelines? It seems there's a dearth of actual quality fanworks about this topic.

and can someone link me an E-Book version of Decades of Darkness? I'm really having trouble trying to actually read the PDF file written by Jared (no save function for where you left off, chapters, and other stuff :()
It's on Jared's page here:
in .rtf format. Shouldn't be too difficult to convert into other ebook formats I hope.

So in the Separaterverse, where the main oppressor for Islam was a highly autocratic and ultraconservative Christian state, Islamic thought probably doesn't have the same level of ultraconservatism as OTL's jihadist movements.
IOTL, radical Islam and the western alt-right are hostile towards each other, and they both embrace hardline social conservatism.

Let's see... *dusts off 15 years of bookmarked AH forum TLs*

Alliance Triumphant

The Dragon and the Bear: The Domination vs. Russia

The Line Held: An Alternate Drakaverse

A Crack at Draka: ME's Attempt at a Better TL

This is pre-bookmarks so you'll need to scroll a bit to get it all.

Also The DrakaFic (Stirling got into a debate with these authors way back when about how most of the TL was not feasible and I chuckled a little)
Hell, Ian wrote one, albeit not on the forum.

Deleted member 96212

About 30k of them are still around.

What's their life expectancy looking like? I imagine that aside from the sudden outpouring of anti-Drakia violence, infighting for power and outright suicides over the failure of the Final Society is going to take an immense toll. Hell, the latter might end up eclipsing the former, these kids were raised from birth to believe in Societism, watching it crumble in this manner must be genuinely devastating for them.

What's their life expectancy looking like? I imagine that aside from the sudden outpouring of anti-Drakia violence, infighting for power and outright suicides over the failure of the Final Society is going to take an immense toll. Hell, the latter might end up eclipsing the former, these kids were raised from birth to believe in Societism, watching it crumble in this manner must be genuinely devastating for them.
They might worship Achlys in turn for standing up against them and Lucan, disabusing themselves of the official story.

One of them could still believe that he's still alive and is just hiding out somewhere until Drakia is purified of Societism.

Last edited:
Idea for a possible (very small) subplot: One of the Drakian successors gives himself the title of Imperator, and it causes a minor kerfuffle as people argue about whether he's taken the Roman general's title of Imperator or whether he's calling himself the Emperor(and therefore challenging Christ).

xsampa

Banned
also what African languages survived the dragons rule?
Likely Arabic, Fulani (the Fulani sultanate), Amhara, Somali (the principalities), Hausa (Damagaram), and likely Yoruba and Igbo since the Ekpe society was mentioned

xsampa

Banned
It was mentioned in "Labelled Maps" that the Fulani still practice chattel slavery. They also likely maintain(ed) their traditional caste system stated below:
Wikipedia said:
nobility, traders, tradesmen (such as blacksmiths) and descendants of slaves

Has anyone considered watching a TV serialized adaptation of the Draka series?
I would watch it but in the same way, I'd watch Man in the High Castle or For All Mankind, that being for the wackiness of the premise. But it would probably be ass and today's media and internet would crucify the creators for putting something like the Draka on TV these days.

Even EBR's take would garner a lot of negativity. That's the problem with the series, even when the Drakia is portrayed as violent psychopaths, you'd have thousands of people talking on the internet about how "based" and "great" they are just so they can incite further outrage from other elements on the internet and media.

If I had to enjoy this series at all? A comic book is probably the best chance you could get these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.