Name Of United Kingdom and Netherlands Together (Union)?

Much would depend from the kind of union: we are talking about Elizabeth I becoming ruler of Netherlands, William III and Mary II leaving heirs or Mary I having a child with Philip II/Charles V or maybe Philip II marrying Mary Stuart (third wedding for him and second for her) and their children inheriting England, Scotland and Netherlands: in the last case an United Kingdom of England, Scotland, Burgundy/Netherlands and isles (including Ireland in the isles) is a likely option in a couple of generations

When talking about the UK a lot of people still call it England, simply because Scotland, Wales and (Northern) Ireland were not as important or strong as England was.

Or...as Michael Flanders put it: "you've got to be VERY careful how you use those terms [English vs British]. If we've done something right, its "another triumph for Britain". If we haven't, its "England loses. Again"."

Basically they were supreme commanders of the army, but informaly they had a lot more influence, because they had the privilege to approve many appointments in local government.
Nitpick because I'm writing a paper on stadholder Willem II: The offices of stadholder and captain-general (supreme commander of the army) were seperate, even though they were usually held by an Oranje/Nassau. Both offices gave formal powers though including the mentions appointment of regents in local government. Some of those powers were because of the office of supreme commander, some of them because of the office of stadholder and some because of the noble titles held by the Oranjes. Zeeland saw a lot of Oranje influence because of they were Lords of Veere and Tholen, this made them First Nobles of Zeeland and gave a vote in the States.