Getting a Charles III of England

Just to be a bit silly , as Monarchs get to pick their regnal name , all it needs is for an heir to decide to honor Charles I by taking the name Charles ( bit like Prince Albert becoming King George VI to honor his father )

Just to be a bit silly , as Monarchs get to pick their regnal name , all it needs is for an heir to decide to honor Charles I by taking the name Charles ( bit like Prince Albert becoming King George VI to honor his father )
Not really. The first time that happened was with Victoria and all the sovereigns and consorts who choose to not use their first name still used another of their names

Not really. The first time that happened was with Victoria and all the sovereigns and consorts who choose to not use their first name still used another of their names
Well , actually if we go before the union, the Scottish King Robert III was actually a John but , as the name John was deemed tainted by association with John Balliol , took the name Robert in memory of the Bruce. Don't believe he had Robert as a given name so it would sort of be precedent.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I could have sworn I saw discussion as to who Charles II might have married otherwise, but cannot find that here now?

VVD0D95

Banned
Well , actually if we go before the union, the Scottish King Robert III was actually a John but , as the name John was deemed tainted by association with John Balliol , took the name Robert in memory of the Bruce. Don't believe he had Robert as a given name so it would sort of be precedent.

This is very true.

VVD0D95

Banned
I could have sworn I saw discussion as to who Charles II might have married otherwise, but cannot find that here now?