Return of Horrible Educational Maps

These are the maps that frustrate me most. It's a beautiful wood craving, and it almost right. But they flipped around Australia and ruined an otherwise amazing art piece.
Well Indonesia and similar items are also screwy. And that's about as obvious an example of the fact that the Caribbean looks like a sea monster that I've seen...
(And European Russia is apparently part of Asia.)

On account of maps that start good but then... have a Finnish one.

They did not too bad with the Post-WWI borders. The Saar area and the Italian-Yugoslavian border are a bit wonky but at least they didn't forget them, they even remembered Spanish Morocco, which on Europe-centered maps gets forgotten all to easily (shame about Danzig and Northern Irland tho')

But then they had to color in the 1914 borders of Germany, Russia, Bulgaria and Austria-Hungary...

badfinns50a.jpg

They did not too bad with the Post-WWI borders. The Saar area and the Italian-Yugoslavian border are a bit wonky but at least they didn't forget them, they even remembered Spanish Morocco, which on Europe-centered maps gets forgotten all to easily (shame about Danzig and Northern Irland tho')

But then they had to color in the 1914 borders of Germany, Russia, Bulgaria and Austria-Hungary...

View attachment 507133

I don't particularly mind that Austria-Hungary.

View attachment 507133

It all looks good until... they drew in the Pre War territories.

It all looks good until... they drew in the Pre War territories.

Especially when you realize that the AH-Border throughout Italy, Yugoslavia, Romania and Poland is quite correct, but when it came to Germany, where all they had to do is just following the border, they suddenly had an enormous brainfart.

Well Indonesia and similar items are also screwy. And that's about as obvious an example of the fact that the Caribbean looks like a sea monster that I've seen...
(And European Russia is apparently part of Asia.)
I give them the benefit of the doubt with Indonesia. I can imagine it's difficult to accurately represent them, like the others. Also, I'm not sure if it is Cuba, or an imperfection in the wood.

I didn’t know Europe was called the “Eastern Peninsula”. I could see it maybe being called the Western Peninsula if we consider Eurasia to be one continent, but there is no sane way it could be considered an Eastern Peninsula.
It's east of America, the center of the universe

Balkan Italy and Malta.

EU Ukraine and Moldova.

Big Lithuania.

Independent East Thrace.

Hokkaido in the EAEU.

No Luxembourg.

Sounds like an interesting ATL.

I mean Balkan Italy kinda makes sense because Trieste and the Julian March are geographically part of the Balkans but... It's still weird to label Italy that way for most purposes.

Also you missed non-EU Cyprus in your list of differences.

I mean Balkan Italy kinda makes sense because Trieste and the Julian March are geographically part of the Balkans but... It's still weird to label Italy that way for most purposes.

Also you missed non-EU Cyprus in your list of differences.
Also, I think that the bit of Uzbekistan that juts out between Tajikistan and Kazakhstan is independent.

I guess one can be grateful that there aren't more countries colored in that map.

View attachment 507770
Oregon Country annexed in exchange of leaving out most of Alaska (and possibly New England as well)
Cisplatina, the Brazilian province
Iberian Union
Mongolian Autonomous Region, China
Corsica and Sardinia have merged into one island (presumably under exclusive Italian control)
The shoreline of North Cape not a part of South Africa
Turkey annexed Cyprus and built a land bridge to it?
And is NI not part of the UK? 26+6=1 intensifies

Oregon Country annexed in exchange of leaving out most of Alaska (and possibly New England as well)
Cisplatina, the Brazilian province
Iberian Union
Mongolian Autonomous Region, China
Corsica and Sardinia have merged into one island (presumably under exclusive Italian control)
The shoreline of North Cape not a part of South Africa
Turkey annexed Cyprus and built a land bridge to it?
And is NI not part of the UK? 26+6=1 intensifies
Not to mention the Greatest Soviet Empire. Somebody must make a map showing Russia in this state
Edit: As I created a timeline where Germany wins ww1 and Russia is essentially the Nazi Reich, this map could a cool ass version of my TL Wolfenstein!