As class of two compromise ships with a busy future ahead of them i say HMS Nelson & Rodney would be a good or any other of the famous names the Royal navy can drag out from the dead

As class of two compromise ships with a busy future ahead of them i say HMS Nelson & Rodney would be a good or any other of the famous names the Royal navy can drag out from the dead
Given the names for CVA01 and 2 were reportedly going to be Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh, chances are they get the same names as the OTL carriers now entering service.

Given the names for CVA01 and 2 were reportedly going to be Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh, chances are they get the same names as the OTL carriers now entering service.
Given Liz came up again with the OTL carriers name one after her and the other Eagle which I suspect will become a USS Enterprise deal ITTL. That is a name passed down through the generations in memory of a hero ship.

Good to see the ships start building in 1987 as it means they'll be to far along to be disrupted by a peace dividend after 1992. Even if Hull #2 only starts in 1989 ot should be quite far along and Hull #1 should be fitting out when the cold war ends (that date is unlikely to move much as the economy in the USSR didn't fully go to pot until after 1989).

Ramontxo

Donor
Either one of them is called Ark Royal or any kind of maledictions would befall the Kingdom including (ASB as it may look to you) David Cameron as PM...

Edited to Add that by forgetting HMS Royal Oak I have put myself in grave danger...

Either one of them is called Ark Royal or any kind of maledictions would befall the Kingdom including (ASB as it may look to you) David Cameron as PM...
Except look at the record ITTL:

Ark Royal 2: Seaplane carrier, obsolete nearly at commission, achieved next to nothing.

Ark Royal 3: Helped sink Bismarck (actual killing by other ships) sunk after four years service.

Ark Royal 4: Overshadowed/used as parts hulk by badass.

Ark Royal 5: Never existed, Indomitable instead.

Not a great linerage to name your ship after.

Ramontxo

Donor
From catching the Bismarck to the Malta convoys fighting against the Regia Marina and anything the Lutwaffe could throw at her IMHO quite a war.

HMS King George V and HMS Duke Of York. Or HMS Warspite and HMS Renown.
Alas in this time period the names Renown and Warspite are taken by submarines. On the other hand HMS King George VI is not taken and won't be until the 2030s and I imagine the Queen would be most pleased to have a ship named after her father be commissioned while she's still alive.

Good update. I think the explanation on the catapult system may be messed up though - you seem to have a gas turbine dedicated only to providing steam for the catapult. That doesn’t make sense: there is no reason to put a gas turbine on it as it doesn’t benefit anything. You don’t seem to be using the power for anything, and exhaust temperatures from a gas turbine are quite low giving poor steam conditions.

The best option would probably be to recover some heat from the flue gases on the propulsion gas turbine, and then have a dedicated donkey boiler to boost the steam pressures up to those required (our even going with the donkey boiler alone - this was the OTL plan for CVF before they went STOVL only). Supporting a single industrial boiler per ship is painful but vastly easier than supporting a steam power plant (with turbines, condenser, etc.)

Ramontxo

Donor
I have read here of gas turbines steam generation used to drive ordinary turbines and providing also steam for catapults. The poster (whose name I am sorry to say that I don't remember) said that the whole arrangement was quite effective.

I have read here of gas turbines steam generation used to drive ordinary turbines and providing also steam for catapults. The poster (whose name I am sorry to say that I don't remember) said that the whole arrangement was quite effective.
Not to mention it is in action currently in the royal navy at this point in time
HMS Bristol used a combined gas turbine steam plant arrangement

The tradition of maintaing the first new capital ship on a monarch' reign after them should be maintained. So Queen Elizabeth II for the first. The second can be called a traditional battleship name like Formidable or Audacious.