Tellurus: a worldbuilding project

What color scheme should Tellurus use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you mean?
Lemme an example. Japan is not very rich in resources, so during ww2, they had to go elsewhere to provide their military/industrial force with the needed materials such as oil, iron, rubber, etc. This motivated their conquest of Malaya, the Philippines, and the Dutch East Indies.
Another example would be that Kazakhstan has large amounts of uranium or where the middle east has a lot of oil or that india has a lot of gems and jewels.

The point I'm trying to make though is that resources will politically motivate certain countries to a specific action, such as an invasion or vassalization, or deciding who's rich and who is not. Perhaps making a map of natural resources would be good, especially since so few resources are actually capable of being used in the 'ancient' era of the Tellurus world.

Lemme an example. Japan is not very rich in resources, so during ww2, they had to go elsewhere to provide their military/industrial force with the needed materials such as oil, iron, rubber, etc. This motivated their conquest of Malaya, the Philippines, and the Dutch East Indies.
Another example would be that Kazakhstan has large amounts of uranium or where the middle east has a lot of oil or that india has a lot of gems and jewels.

The point I'm trying to make though is that resources will politically motivate certain countries to a specific action, such as an invasion or vassalization, or deciding who's rich and who is not. Perhaps making a map of natural resources would be good, especially since so few resources are actually capable of being used in the 'ancient' era of the Tellurus world.

I have yet to work that out, since i have prerty much no idea.

To be sincere, the nations outside of the "center", like the ones in the East, the Sea of Ashufe and the peoples in the extreme west
I've made it a goal to have every country have at least a few events happen in it so you'll be in luck.

What are your plans for the inter-continental people of Hatar in the Komis Valley, as well as the tundra peoples in Komsala?
As of the current year of the TL, they're still tribes but things will eventually happen there as civilization expands. Every dog has it's day. :p

So what I'm currently doing besides from updating all the maps is making a list of rulers for most of the pivotal nations.

Here are the ones I've finished:
Kyngir
Narrak
Kadimar
Sutarba
Knoas
Mukania
Tyhrrus
Qarnenak
Esirta
Haxamanids
Argaeas
Apamaeans
Karulhanids
Xin/Tanshuai

And here are the ones I plan on doing as well
Tymria - FINISHED
Neathuq (possibly) - FINISHED? very little to draw inspiration from.
Nasenites
Semaron
Fornestian Republic (spoilers ;) )
Arthacesids - FINISHED
Rasan
Adina
Shudisha (also spoilers)
Laotong/Qintong

Edit: Also, most of the geographical features in Equatoria will be getting renamed.

Last edited:
Here's this thing I made a while ago updated. Just something to until I finish up the timeline update.
narrakian empire.png

A preview of things to come. Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been trying to get a job.
1vBCe6g.gif
hmmm that large red nation directly at the end seems like some sort of Rome especially since it seems to be spreading by beating back other smaller empire and tribes. (Also because most people portray Rome or Rome Like nations on a map as a dark-ish red)

hmmm that large red nation directly at the end seems like some sort of Rome especially since it seems to be spreading by beating back other smaller empire and tribes. (Also because most people portray Rome or Rome Like nations on a map as a dark-ish red)
You would not be wrong if you made that assumption. It's wont be exactly like Rome though, I'll give a few twists.