I now want to see a future India ruled by a nuke happy Ghandi...

1*Pu9iAhs-IDb6DtXYslHJyA.jpeg
Nah, glory to Subhas Chandra Bose, the Netaji of the Indian People's Nation! (IOTL, Bose self-described himself as both a Communist and a Fascist)

Syntheses of Communism and Fascism(tm) aren't that unusual in the 30s and 40s among "benevolent/reforming authoritarian" types; usually they'd have the mass mobilization/economic interventionism of a communist state and the ethnonationalist ambitions of a fascist one. The one thing they typically aren't, however, is democratic-- the staring, foundational principles tend to be that democracy is an insidious Western import that corrodes national unity and fails to resolve class struggles, and that single-party rule can move past democratic stagnation and toward renovation. The question then becomes figuring out what exactly this single party should be and do, to which the answer is "rapidly industrialize like the Soviets and renew national culture/society like the Nazis".

So, and how's the rest of the world? I'm particularly interested in:
1-Europa -they should change their name, btw- how's Perrault managing the situation? How is the Continental System-aka Vassal states- holding?
2-Russia: hows the war going? Is there any sort of Second Coming of the Tsar-Khan -maybe a Tsarina-Khatun- movement in Mongolia-Siberia?
3-South Africa: is White Supremacy or even aparrheid going to happen? Are they at some point seprating from the Dutch?
4-South America: what's been up with all those Eduist and Mega-Peru?
Finally, who are the RU main foreign trade partners? Are world economies as interconnected as the used to be in 20's IOTL? Is there going to be an international economic crisis? Sorry for asking so much and, again, thanks for the great timeline!

Hey, Napo, how about having the Oswalds or whoever follows Steel be true believers first rather than cynical opportunists. Brutal dictators doing whatever to secure more power are a good threat, but nothing is more terrifying than a zealot. The reason the Nazis are more terrifying than Stalin is because Stalin was just a brutal guy who happened to have a lot of power and people under his control while the Nazis believed their own bullshit and built almost their entire state off of it.

1-Europa -they should change their name, btw- how's Perrault managing the situation? How is the Continental System-aka Vassal states- holding?
2-Russia: hows the war going? Is there any sort of Second Coming of the Tsar-Khan -maybe a Tsarina-Khatun- movement in Mongolia-Siberia?
3-South Africa: is White Supremacy or even aparrheid going to happen? Are they at some point seprating from the Dutch?
Finally, who are the RU main foreign trade partners? Are world economies as interconnected as the used to be in 20's IOTL? Is there going to be an international economic crisis? Sorry for asking so much and, again, thanks for the great timeline!

I can't speak for a lot of these, but I know Napo has mentioned that South Africa is under an apartheid style regime like TTL's Jacksonland. I also imagine that the RU mainly trades with the Free World but given how global the causes of the Great Depression were, we could see the simultaneous collapse of each economic bloc.

Hey, Napo, how about having the Oswalds or whoever follows Steel be true believers first rather than cynical opportunists. Brutal dictators doing whatever to secure more power are a good threat, but nothing is more terrifying than a zealot. The reason the Nazis are more terrifying than Stalin is because Stalin was just a brutal guy who happened to have a lot of power and people under his control while the Nazis believed their own bullshit and built almost their entire state off of it.

If ITTL Chuck Oswald follows Steele's example and never learns of his Infee ancestry, he's perfectly set to be that True Believer. He'll be absolutely nuts, and genuinely believe in the power of Jehovah and his frothing, churning Pinnacle Fluids.

Last edited:
I can't speak for a lot of these, but I know Napo has mentioned that South Africa is under an apartheid style regime like TTL's Jacksonland. I also imagine that the RU mainly trades with the Free World but given how global the causes of the Great Depression were, we could see the simultaneous collapse of each economic bloc simultaneously.

If ITTL Chuck Oswald follows Steele's example and never learns of his Infee ancestry, he's perfectly set to be that True Believer. He'll be absolutely nuts, and genuinely believe in the power of Jehovah and his frothing, churning Pinnacle Fluids.

I wonder how Chuck Oswald would react if an ISOT but Him in the same world as the original what madness is Chuck Oswald and OTL John Kenndeny. Finding out that he was full blood Irish may cause him to commit suicide. He may even try to take the world with his peacemakers were isoted with him

Europe and South America chapters will be coming soon and they will answer these burning questions! I don't think I'm blowing too much plot when I say there will be military conflict in S. America soon, so we'll discover all the twists and turns with that.

South Africa is still Dutch controlled, but it's a racist apartheid government all the same. I suspect continued influence from Mittelafrika and Jacksonland and Yonderland will take its toll.

As for trade, the Union trades with the rest of the fascist powers and the coming League of Nations, with the top dogs being Mittelafrika, Britannic Union, Holland, CoCaro, Australia, etc.

Thank you for reading and asking great questions!

Steele is Inferior but has no clue, he's just taking power for power's sake and imposing his Victorian personal morals on the country. He loves playing 4d chess and getting what he wants, but he also seems to genuinely think he's improving the country and stamping out corruption. Part of Oswald's character is his very aware and very hard time of accepting that he is Inferior. He is a psycho zealot, not to Jehovah, but to himself. He's terrifying because he doesn't NEED to believe in ancient prophecies to kill millions of people, he just likes watching things go boom and relishes the thrill of another kill. We'll have plenty of true zealots, though. Needless to say, Billy Graham is dyed-in-the-wool AFC crazy.

South Africa is still Dutch controlled, but it's a racist apartheid government which respects and preserves differences all the same. I suspect continued influence from Mittelafrika and Jacksonland and Yonderland will take its toll help fortify this bastion of Protestant Civilization in the Wilderness.

As for trade, the Union trades with the rest of the fascist powers and the coming League of Nations, with the top dogs being Mittelafrika, Britannic Union, Holland, CoCaro the bountiful New Eden, Australia, etc.

This post has been edited by the Office of Public Virtue for the maintenance of Carolinian Civilization. A member of the OPV will be at your home shortly to Bless Your Heart. Have a wonderful day y'all, and don't forget to Hark the Sound!

Europe and South America chapters will be coming soon and they will answer these burning questions! I don't think I'm blowing too much plot when I say there will be military conflict in S. America soon, so we'll discover all the twists and turns with that.

South Africa is still Dutch controlled, but it's a racist apartheid government all the same. I suspect continued influence from Mittelafrika and Jacksonland and Yonderland will take its toll.

As for trade, the Union trades with the rest of the fascist powers and the coming League of Nations, with the top dogs being Mittelafrika, Britannic Union, Holland, CoCaro, Australia, etc.

Thank you for reading and asking great questions!
Thank you for the great TL and your answers!

burr.png
Icon of Prophet Burr (may he rest 'til Judgement Day)
afc1.png
Potential flag of the American Fundamentalist Church

afc2.png
A combination of the two, possibly used by relatives of the Prophet Burr.

The last one I can totally see being flown outside churches. And I might be wrong, but isn't the symbol of the AFC the scientology cross but in red?

So I know illuminists are anti religious, but what economics do they practice? I picture it being technocratic of sorts. Like run by a meritocracy and planned by scientists and technical experts.

So I know illuminists are anti religious, but what economics do they practice? I picture it being technocratic of sorts. Like run by a meritocracy and planned by scientists and technical experts.
Given that it's the anti-RU, maybe everything is highly regulated but constant elections mean that the laws are always being changed. Mass participation at its finest!

Colorized photo of a younger Nixon.
upload_2019-8-19_22-38-34.jpeg

Wwii reenactors, one American but notably two mittelafrikan allies are represented in it.

upload_2019-8-19_22-40-21.jpeg

Picture the swastika as if it the cross on the mittelafrika flag.
upload_2019-8-19_22-41-49.jpeg

Several American dress uniforms.
upload_2019-8-19_22-44-53.jpeg

90s himmler and Hess car. Fun fact, this is a real 70s concept car. Gotta REALLY stick with canon ;)
For the soldiers I tried sticking true to napoleon’s trailers.