Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, but what does the very dark green represent?

Originally, it was going to be Hungarian paganism. I've now changed it so it's considered a form of Tengrism, but I might change it again to make it more distinct again

EDIT: I changed it now, so the Hungarian faith is known as Táltos Tengrism and has the dark green colouring again

Last edited:

SpudNutimus

Banned
Very nice, Is the Jewish SSR actually Jewish?
About 25% Jewish, which, while still a minority, is also much higher than the IRL Jewish Autonomous Oblast. In terms of political power and policy Jews and Russians are pretty much on equal footing, with the Jews having a slight advantage due to the ostensibly Jewish nature of the SSR.

I find myself going back to the old RDNA-verse timeline. And turns out there's quite a bit to expound on. The DeviantArt version can be found here.

While a few might still remember it, this was the first real OC timeline I've really worked on, with quite the backstory to boot. After so many years, however, perhaps it's time to come back to it.

At any rate, hope you enjoy!

--o--

The Liberation of Britain

By the time the Liberation of Britain went underway in mid 1943, the British were slowly being withered down. With supplies, resources and manpower growing steadily scarce, the Government found it increasingly difficult to cope with the chaos. Even the Valiant Soldier of local repute was reported to have grown increasingly weak. While the United Kingdom's sovereign, King-Emperor Alexander I of the unified House of Windsor-Romanov, defiantely held firm with his family in London, Allied leaders knew too well that they couldn’t hold out indefinitely. As several officials commented, “it was now or never.”

The first to arrive were squads of agents, spearheaded by those of the Royal Dominion of New Austria’s infamous Evidenzbureau; their expertise was crucial in revealing (and sabotaging) Red movements. It was followed on the 10th of July by simultaneous landings in Plymouth (R.D.N.A.), Belfast (American Federation) and Edinburgh (Loyalist Dominion of Canada/British Imperial Commonwealth), or at least what remained of them. Despite casualties, within less than two days, the Allies succeeded in establishing a foothold.

As it soon became clear, however, fighting only intensified. Even with intelligence and espionage activities, freeing the British Isles proved to be a difficult task. The fact that British, Commonwealth and Allied forces were either stretched too thin to provide any considerable backup or under heavy attack. Nonetheless, they persevered. Land was reclaimed and people were freed, at the cost of many lives and significant collateral damage from both sides. From that point on, records of the conflict grew mired in rumors and conflicting information. Some of the more reliable sources came from the likes of General Quentin Roosevelt, A.F. Field Commander and Field Marshal Harold Wainwright of the Royal Canadian Army, although much remains muddled amidst the fog of war.

In any case, it became undisputed fact that the New Austrians turned "radicalist," and quickly degenerated into scorched earth tactics and summary "purges."It remains a mystery why they reverted to such a feral “zeal,” symbolized in editorials by a shadowy red woman. There were those who considered the revelation that many of the Red commanders were veterans of the Terror, more specifically those involved with the destruction of Central Europe. Others point to accounts of multiple ambushes and subversions by sleeper agents in the front lines. Others, still, suggest that whatever was encountered in the Devon countryside gave them perceived "justification" for such crass retaliation. Regardless, the war quickly became a bloody vendetta. Whatever control there was among the soldiers (for the most part) quickly broke down; indeed, it seemed as though they were tearing the landscape as much as the Reds. Only more level-headed minds, and increasingly strained Allied “intervention” prevented even worse acts from taking place; some officers even suggested the use of then-experimental nuclear technology as bombs to “drive them back once and for all.”

Eventually, most of the Collectivist forces were driven back to Southeastern England. Faced with defeat, their leaders soon concentrated their efforts into breaking the British resistance around the besieged vicinity of London, in the hopes of one final push against the Free Nations. This resulted in the Battle of London, one of the last and most costly engagements in the war as Commonwealth, American and New Austrians soldiers pushed back the relentless masses. It was then that, perceiving the very Britons intended to be relieved were "tainted," the R.D.N.A. betrayed their trust and exacted their anger against Collectivism on them. While this was brutally stopped by Loyalist Canadian forces, it would leave a lasting scar on both the city and international relations for years to come.

Although the Collectivist forces retreated on 23 May 1944, marking the end of the conflict, the Liberation's success was all but assured. It was a Pyrrhic victory, however. Barely anything functioned within the United Kingdom by war’s end; its people, industry and infrastructure were in shambles. With the Government and Crown effectively transferred to Montreal, the islands were designated a Loyalist Canadian protectorate to facilitate rehabilitation efforts, particularly through joint-administered Provisional Centres. Such a state of affairs remains "indefinite" to this day.
Of the Allied forces, only the Americans considered the conflict something approaching a “heroic” triumph. “V-B Day” (Victory in Britain) became synonymous with moral victory, serving as morale-boosting propaganda for years after. It was an additional moral high ground that of the countries that participated, they claimed the most in “restrained involvement.”

The actions of the New Austrians, by contrast, rendered that country a virtual pariah on the world stage. This notoriety characterized a period of simmering tensions between New Vienna and the rest of the Free World, which lasted through the rest of the decade. Loyalist Canada was the first to restore normal relations in 1949, though the humiliation and subsequent efforts to restore a proper standing took longer to achieve.

In the end, the Liberation helped keep the Collectivist tide in check. But in a sense, the Reds succeeded.

- Snippet from a British history textbook. Circa 2022.

----​

dde402p-d88ffa81-0970-4683-b241-7c9741d1b5b7.png

Edit: typo​

Last edited:
It's been thousands of years since organized civilization existed, when a young farmer named Joseph would stumble upon a strange metal cave, containing hundreds of papers, documents, and books. The young man would teach himself to read, and found great hope in what these books and papers taught him, and so he decided it would be for the best to spread their teachings across the world.
A century later, and his descendants and their follows have spread far and wide, slowly mapping out the land they live on.
deseret.png

Last edited:
A couple of months ago i had an idea in which a small part of the USA and Canada is ISOT to virgin earth

Here is it upon the day of the ISOT.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-15_19-4-19.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-15_19-4-19.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 469
A More Perfect Union: An Alternate History of the Land of the Free

-----------------------

VumT0XQ.png

Map of the World in 1880

lqhvfT2.png

Annotated Map of the Western Hemisphere
States & Territories:
  1. Delaware (1787)
  2. Pennsylvania (1787)
  3. New Jersey (1787)
  4. Georgia (1788) (Military Rule)
  5. Connecticut (1788)
  6. Massachusetts (1788)
  7. Maryland (1788)
  8. South Carolina (1788) (Military Rule)
  9. New Hampshire (1788)
  10. Virginia (1788)
  11. New York (1788)
  12. North Carolina (1789) (Military Rule)
  13. Rhode Island (1790)
  14. Vermont (1791)
  15. Kentucky (1792) (Military Rule)
  16. Tennessee (1796) (Military Rule)
  17. Ohio (1803)
  18. Louisiana (1812) (Military Rule)
  19. Indiana (1816)
  20. Illinois (1818)
  21. Maine (1820)
  22. Missouri (1821)
  23. Mississippi (1824)
  24. West Florida (1825) (Military Rule)
  25. Arkansas (1826) (Military Rule)
  26. Texas (1833) (Military Rule)
  27. Michigan (1835)
  28. Cuba (1839)
  29. East Florida (1844) (Military Rule)
  30. Iowa (1846)
  31. California (1846)
  32. Pecos (1846) (Military Rule)
  33. Wisconsin (1848)
  34. Lakota (1853)
  35. Hawai'i (1854)
  36. Oregon (1856)
  37. Kansas (1859)
  38. Superior (1860)
  39. Colorado (1861)
  40. Sequoyah (1862)
  41. Tsalagi (1862)
  42. Ozark (1863) (Military Rule)
  43. Sierra (1864)
  44. Nebraska (1864)
  45. Washington (1869)
  46. Hamilton (1876)
  47. Columbia (1879)
  48. Vancouver (1880)
  49. Liberia Territory (Not Pictured)
  50. Bermuda Territory
  51. Dakota Territory
  52. Shoshone Territory
  53. Utah Territory
  54. Cimarron Territory
  55. Arizona Territory
  56. Sonora Territory
  57. Jefferson Territory
  58. Jamaica Territory
  59. Yucatán Territory
  60. Belize Territory
  61. Polynesia Territory (Not Pictured)

-----------------------
I'm crossposting this from my ongoing timeline, A More Perfect Union, where Thomas Jefferson's passage in the Declaration of Independence berating King George III and Great Britain for forcing slavery on the Thirteen Colonies made its way into the final document. This snowballs into a much more tolerant America, and leads to President Alexander Hamilton inventing a new ideology called "Republican Spirit" which eventually dominates the North in its championing of equal rights and the virtues won by the American Revolution. Nativism is strangled in its cradle by Hamilton, too, whose election in 1808 saved the Federalist Party and catapults it into becoming the party of Republican Spirit and liberty and justice for all. Later, President Andrew Jackson supports the decision of an alternate Cherokee Nation v. Georgia wherein the Five Civilized Tribes are allowed to stay within their ancestral lands east of the Mississippi, much to the South's chagrin. A few decades later, Civil War broke out (not over slavery, which ended in 1839, but over Civil Rights, which had a huge movement in favor of it in the 1850s) which President Abraham Lincoln, Vice President Frederick Douglass, and Commanding General of the United States Army Robert E. Lee expertly led the Union through to triumph over the rebellious South. Currently, the Great National Redemption is fully underway, as the North eradicates as much racism as possible from the former Confederacy. The president is Victoria Woodhull, America's first female Chief Executive, who came into her position as a result of a rather... interesting turn of events.

Now, a rift is growing in the world, and everyone has to take sides. Will they join the United States of America, with such allies as Germany, Brazil, and China? Or will they go with the increasingly nationalistic and totalitarian British Empire, who is allied to the domineering European empires like France, Russia, Spain, and Portugal?

The fate of the Free World depends on it.

The post was supposed to be a lot more detailed but for some reason either AH.com or my iPad hate me right now so sorry everyone, though feel to ask me questions.

Here it is 300 years later.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-15_19-30-48.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-15_19-30-48.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
The post was supposed to be a lot more detailed but for some reason either AH.com or my iPad hate me right now so sorry everyone, though feel to ask me questions.

Here it is 100 years later.

Who lives in those other countries?
How integrated are the rump US and Canada?
What, approximately, is the population of each?

Who lives in those other countries?
How integrated are the rump US and Canada?
What, approximately, is the population of each?
The other countries are in order of colour...

The commonwealth of New England which was formed by scientists and Engineers dissatisfied by the lack of investment into new technology, currently the tech capital of the world. (Light Blue)

Vinland, a colonist nation set up by various European groups (mostly Scandinavian), Social Democracy based upon the former Nordic nations. (Lighter blue)

The Theocratic states of America, Christian radicals who wanted their own state, your standard theocratic dictatorship (Orange)

The Hawaiian empire, an American colonist ship crashed onto the Hawaiian islands in the 2040s, it went on to establish a small empire, Constitutional monarchy, makes a killing off the Tourist industry. (Light Green)

For the US If you Live in the Midwest, on the Mississippi, or Texas then you are directly integrated into the Federal government and are allowed to vote, the California trail (the route that connects the US to the west coast) is considered a territory which will be divided into separate territories which will eventually become states when the population increases to a larger size. Northern California, Yucatan, Cuba and Miami are all autonomous States due to being further away from the central government ( think along the lines of Scottish Devolution but on a greater scale).

For Canada it is similar but with provinces instead of states, most of the population lives on the Great Lakes and the St Laurence river though there is a significant population centre in Alberta due to the oil industry.

The USA has a population of around 35 million spread most of which lives on the Great Lakes, Texas, all over the Mississippi, California, Miami, Yucatan, Cuba and a Large settlement built around the great salt lake (Known as Lincoln city)

Canada has a population of 28.6 million

The New England commonwealth has about 31 million thanks to the new Northeast corridor.

The Hawaiian empire has 26 million, most of which lives on the mainland.

The Theocratic states of America has the smallest population with about 19.8 million.

Last edited:
And now for the next in the Neoclassicism in the Human Sphere series. I'm going to copy across some additional context I gave on reddit.

Polynesia of the Stars, Polyneki o Fetu, is not by any means the only nation of nomads of space. Those living such lives have existed since the earliest interstellar colonies began to emerge, and many of them have constructed state structures or some other kind of stable society. But none are so famous as the navigators who determine to survey the cosmos and the restless seas of human worlds. For almost 500 years these Polynesians, borne on the great ship Lahiwaka, have visited human worlds in order to survey their bodies of water according to traditional Polynesian sciences. Though sometimes some Polynesians may fall in love with a particular world, and decide to depart the Lahiwaka forever, the nation has continued this mission since the launch of their vessel in 2296 CE.

The Polynesians of the Stars draw a line of intellectual descent from Mau Piailug, who nearly singlehandedly revived Polynesian blue water navigation in the Pacific in the late 20th and early 21st century. Without the Polynesian Revival he inspired there would not have been so wide a 23rd century body of knowledge to be brought on Lahiwaka. They also frequently refer to and respect the legacy of Akamarama Smith, known as the greatest shipbuilder of Rarotonga. Akamarama moved to Aohomou and brought the ancient traditions of Polynesian shipwrights with them. Even in the 28th century many new waka canoes on Lahiwaka are influenced by Akamarama’s design philosophies.

Lahiwaka has always been a formidable vessel; when launched in the 2290s the 150,000 ton spaceship was the largest civilian vessel yet built, and larger than most military starships outside UNSA’s two Atlas superbattleships. Neither was she defenceless, for though Lahiwaka was a ship of exploration she was also home to thousands, potentially tens of thousands. She was not built to be reliant upon others for strength. More than one pirate flotilla or warlord thought Lahiwaka a prize to be won, only too late realising this to be impossible. Lahiwaka in the 28th century is now a 500,000 ton vessel, having been expanded many times to accommodate larger populations on board, and it’s generally considered that anything less than a full ISA warfleet would be suicidally underequipped to tackle Lahiwaka in a shooting war. The last opponent to make a serious attempt was the Second British Empire, when their 9th fleet arrived at New Tokyo and considered Lahiwaka a target of opportunity. Only one British destroyer returned from that star system, as a warning to never again pretend at empire with Polynesians.

Statistically speaking most humans who identify as Polynesian or are of Polynesian descent will not be part of the Polynesians of the Stars. They have their own worlds, cultures, and live their own lives. But nearly all of that wider community, no matter how their language or material culture has drifted from one another, no matter what their lifestyle or occupation, look to Lahiwaka and the nation on board as inspiration and with pride. There is perhaps no neoclassical revival which is loved so deeply by those not a part of it. Amepa Nkose, an Afro-Tongan writer, said that “even living in Cochabamba, that paean to the thronging multicultural city with the trappings of a 25th century lifestyle surrounding me, I cannot help but hear the name Lahiwaka and smile, I cannot help but hear someone speak of the Polynesians of the Stars without feeling my heart beat in my chest. Even though they and I are separated by lightyears still I find that they stand for me, and that shall not be taken from me.”

NB: There is now also a separate Crumpleverse thread, partially because the last 2 pages from Neoclassicism in the Human Sphere didn't actually have any map content on it.

dde4rs6-1187a3a5-cb4e-4e06-a29f-9efc554c9b9d.png

The USA has a population of around 35 million spread most of which lives on the Great Lakes, Texas, all over the Mississippi, California, Miami, Yucatan, Cuba and a Large settlement built around the great salt lake (Known as Lincoln city)

Canada has a population of 28.6 million

The New England commonwealth has about 31 million thanks to the new Northeast corridor.

The Hawaiian empire has 26 million, most of which lives on the mainland.

The Theocratic states of America has the smallest population with about 19.8 million.

After a hundred years, with a starting population of half a million on either side of the border? Those women must be cranking out a dozen kids each!

mnl6pyaa1pg31.png

in which Europe has a Hong Xiuquan-type figure in the 11th century who ruins everything.

this TL isn't fully thought out yet it's just something i sketched out at 3 am last night after seeing a post about a united Christendom led by the Second Coming on /r/ck2.

bonus map of religions:
SNNnKv8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.