The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

I discovered this game exactly two weeks ago, one Friday, and I've managed to get, on Easy, a deadlocking of the EC with Douglas 1860 and, on Normal, a win with Nixon/Lodge and Rockefeller, McKinley 1896, Truman 1948, Nixon/Agnew 1968 and Humphrey/Muskie. I also won, on Normal, with both Bush/Quayle and Dukakis/Bentson on 1988, along with Gore/Lieberman on 2000, along with getting Nader earn around 3% of the PV.

I hope to find a version for French elections.

Best-ever Clinton win on Easy.
Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 8.49.50 PM.png

Today, on Normal, I managed to make Wallace deadlock the EC. Twice, and the first one was involuntary.

The first time, playing Nixon/Agnew, I posted mainline conservative answers but my sabotage of the peace conference was discovered, ending with a lower popularity and a deadlock.
The second time, while playing Wallace/Thurmond, I concentred on the Southn posing myself as a "counter-subversive" candidate, answering most of the time with hardline segregationnist positions with more moderate position on welfare. I mostly well defended on the Alabama right-to-work law question by race-baiting. Then, suddently, Nixon is discovered messing with the peace conference, making Humphrey more popular and deadlocking the EC.

"Like Father, Like Son" or "In Which Country Roads Take Us Home"

genusmap.php

Bush/Quayle: 271 EV (49.64%)
Dukakis/Bentsen: 267 EV (49.25%)

Continuing the trend of 1988 maps, here's one where I narrowly lost as Dukakis (by the same margin Gore lost to Bush Jr) by somehow losing West Virginia while it was still a solid D state, by a margin of just over a thousand votes. I'm not sure how I managed to have that go wrong but it's fun to imagine an election cycle where Dukakis did better but somehow blew it at 4am once the ballots from remote coal mining hill towns were finally counted. Only way it really could have gone worse is if I'd won the popular vote.

election 1916.png

(D: 289, R: 242, map is with regular colors, not Atlas flipped colors)
https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1068350

My first win as Wilson on impossible. Better than 99.5%, and apparently less than 2% of Wilson games on impossible were won, and I can see why, it took me quite a few tries to get this.

Wilson wins by a margin of just 0.7%, but slightly better in the Electoral College-he only got 277 OTL. Wilson does worse than OTL in the midwest, great plains, and west coast, but gets a win by taking New York and all of new england except Maine and Vermont. It makes for a weird looking map even for the times - Dems at the time would usually be stronger in the west coast and midwest than northeast

Deleted member 92121

"Like Father, Like Son" or "In Which Country Roads Take Us Home"

genusmap.php

Bush/Quayle: 271 EV (49.64%)
Dukakis/Bentsen: 267 EV (49.25%)
How dare you invoke that song in a Bush/quayle scenario!?