WIP Map Thread

Something or another. I haven't done any mapping in a long while but I've been bored this morning so I started this:

upload_2019-7-7_9-13-38.png

Somewhat inspired by the New Zealand AH novel New Hokkaido which supposes a Japanese victory in WWII as a result of America not entering the war. I don't think I'll go with the latter concept - the Japanese victory - but I liked the idea of America not fighting in Europe and the Soviets eventually pushing the Germans all the way back and liberating Italy and France. So the USSR is the dominant power in Europe by a large margin (excepting Switzerland, of course). Britain has formed a sort of federation (which includes the Irish, employing a little bit of handwaving). Africa is unfinished. There's a major war going on in Iran, with the Soviet-backed People's Republic in the north (after the Soviets took a few choice bits to enlarge Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan), a constitutional monarchy backed by the Arab Union and British in the south, Balochi separatists in the east, and the Caliphate of Iran in the centre-east (scary Jihadist-types, a bit like ISIS). In Africa, the communist French have managed to cling to Algeria, and are occupying large parts of Azawad and Niger. Initially Mali was fighting Azawad, too, but gave up the ghost and recognised the independent state. The French refused, because of initial Tuareg rebellions in Algeria spilling out of the place.

Something or another. I haven't done any mapping in a long while but I've been bored this morning so I started this:

View attachment 470623

Somewhat inspired by the New Zealand AH novel New Hokkaido which supposes a Japanese victory in WWII as a result of America not entering the war. I don't think I'll go with the latter concept - the Japanese victory - but I liked the idea of America not fighting in Europe and the Soviets eventually pushing the Germans all the way back and liberating Italy and France. So the USSR is the dominant power in Europe by a large margin (excepting Switzerland, of course). Britain has formed a sort of federation (which includes the Irish, employing a little bit of handwaving). Africa is unfinished. There's a major war going on in Iran, with the Soviet-backed People's Republic in the north (after the Soviets took a few choice bits to enlarge Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan), a constitutional monarchy backed by the Arab Union and British in the south, Balochi separatists in the east, and the Caliphate of Iran in the centre-east (scary Jihadist-types, a bit like ISIS). In Africa, the communist French have managed to cling to Algeria, and are occupying large parts of Azawad and Niger. Initially Mali was fighting Azawad, too, but gave up the ghost and recognised the independent state. The French refused, because of initial Tuareg rebellions in Algeria spilling out of the place.
What's the situation in France?

technocratic usa.png

Here's something for @kissatytto's interwar-punk scenario: its horrifying revolutionary technocratic America. Its districts intentionally cross former state lines, and there's a good deal of ethnic unpleasantness involved (in the form of the Indian, Colored, and Latin Autonomous Districts).

Last edited:

Deleted member 108228

A preview of the whole shebang. Featuring the Freeman's Brigade, a prison revolt gone horribly wrong, butchering any 'government roader' they see, as evidenced by the mass graves in their territory. I do plan on incorporating more interesting elements to the Arduous War, such as the KPN, which turned into a pirate cartel. Lets just say the PRC under Jiang Zemin were not gonna deal with this at all.

Preview.png

WWIII happened. World is divided into Chinese and Indian spheres. Adding a small South American sphere because Pohl was a dick to disregard them.

1) This is a bravura performance (but then again, all your maps are.)

2) This is the biggest India wank I have ever seen.

---

Anyways, I have finally FINISHED Africa in my map, and now just have Southern Europe (which will be close to OTL) and the writeups to do.

Unless anyone has any ideas they think I should explore?

PDTCGnh.png

A WIP for our latest round in the Periodization Game. Feel free to come join--we're a bit short on players right now.

Also: does anyone know a bit of Sanskrit here? I'd like some advice on naming conventions.

1300.png

Last edited:
1) This is a bravura performance (but then again, all your maps are.)

2) This is the biggest India wank I have ever seen.

---

Anyways, I have finally FINISHED Africa in my map, and now just have Southern Europe (which will be close to OTL) and the writeups to do.

Unless anyone has any ideas they think I should explore?

PDTCGnh.png

Map of the other planets assuming the existence of Off-World colonies?