A Glorious Union or America: the New Sparta

I am afraid folks that I was mugged three weeks ago. I was in hospital briefly and crucially my laptop was stolen. That's two years worth of notes and some draft chapters for AGUANS and ABOSAS. Thankfully I had my papers notes going back to 2012 (!!!) at my parents which I have now retrieved. New chapters to follow shortly.

I am afraid folks that I was mugged three weeks ago. I was in hospital briefly and crucially my laptop was stolen. That's two years worth of notes and some draft chapters for AGUANS and ABOSAS. Thankfully I had my papers notes going back to 2012 (!!!) at my parents which I have now retrieved. New chapters to follow shortly.
Damn, glad you are okay now, hope you can get your stuff back or replaced.

Damn...just glad you are okay. Take as long as you need KI.

Being mugged can be terrifying! I'm glad you're okay and also glad you have some paper notes to fall back on. Hope you're feeling better soon and just take your time on everything!

SPOILER!!! Do not look down if you don't want to know what I thought the outcome of the 1868 election would be when I started TTL. I thought you deserved a taster as it could be the weekend before I get the chance to finish another chapter...

I found this from 3rd April 2013 when I was reviewing my old notes! That's when I was planning the next cabinet for 1868!?!

guess-who-jpg.201281

SPOILER!!! Do not look down if you don't want to know what I thought the outcome of the 1868 election would be when I started TTL. I thought you deserved a taster as it could be the weekend before I get the chance to finish another chapter...

I found this from 3rd April 2013 when I was reviewing my old notes! That's when I was planning the next cabinet for 1868!?!

guess-who-jpg.201281

I can name 6 including Kearny. The VP and Secretary of War have already been referenced and I can guess the Secretary of State.

I generally quite excited for this new post-Lincoln era!

I can name 6 including Kearny. The VP and Secretary of War have already been referenced and I can guess the Secretary of State.

I generally quite excited for this new post-Lincoln era!

I'm really looking forward to the Kearny presidency! The 1870s of TTL promise to be very exciting!

We are all extremely happy that you are okay and we hope you have made a full recovery and can recover any lost progress.

Hope you are ok now and are fully recovered and that the mugger was apprehended. If not, may the ghost of general Kearney pistol whip said mugger!

Looking at that image of Kearny's Cabinet...

From left to right, it appears to be: Phil Kearny himself (obviously), Lovell Rousseau, Isaac Stevens, Joseph Seligman, John Watts de Peyster, Joseph Holt, Jacob Dolson Cox, Austin Blair, James S. Wadsworth, and whom I believe is John Hay. Would that be right?

Looking at that image of Kearny's Cabinet...

From left to right, it appears to be: Phil Kearny himself (obviously), Lovell Rousseau, Isaac Stevens, Joseph Seligman, John Watts de Peyster, Joseph Holt, Jacob Dolson Cox, Austin Blair, James S. Wadsworth, and whom I believe is John Hay. Would that be right?

Not bad. Only one wrong. The last is John/James/Joseph Briscoe! I think its Joseph but he has been misidentified as James in parts of TTL.

In OTL he was of the 40th New York and was quite active at Gettysburg. He has a short biography here. He also appears in TTL at various points... He is another important character for the future...
Thanks! It would appear though that you have quite a challenge before you in writing a story for Briscoe that is more colorful than his real life. I look forward to it!

In OTL he was of the 40th New York and was quite active at Gettysburg. He has a short biography here. He also appears in TTL at various points... He is another important character for the future...

Served on Kearney's staff eh? Is that how he came to your attention?

Though from his history, here's hoping he isn't appointed Secretary of the Treasury!

Glad your okay! May elevator music forever haunt that muggers mind.

On a more positive topic: What’s the status of TTL’s Olympics and other sports?