Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Fool *insert organization here* just wants you to think those places are real

Next you gonna say that the Nepalese Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not truthful about the size of their country or what?

badgovnmnt2.jpg

Bytor

Monthly Donor
Ah, those airlines...

At first I wasn't able to see that map because my brain was interpreting the blue as ocean so I didnt recognise the coastlines but at first I was all "WTF is Moscow doing in the middle of thw ocean?!?"

Whilst looking from top to bottom it's "fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, hmm not quite sure about that border between Romania and Bulgaria, Yugoslavia looks a bit wonky, WHAT THE F**K HAPPENED TO GREECE?"

On account of maps that look fine at first glance but once you get into details... but at least they placed helpful darts pointing out where Luxembourg and Andorra are.

badlux2.jpg

probably a blessing that the photo is so blurry.

On account of maps that look fine at first glance but once you get into details... but at least they placed helpful darts pointing out where Luxembourg and Andorra are.
View attachment 466691
probably a blessing that the photo is so blurry.
Not that it's the worst thing about this map*, but why is Cyprus shown as Turkish?

*that prize has to go to Luxembourg, as implicitly noted by Albidoom (runner-up prize, imo, goes to Northern Ireland, for pushing west and successfully splitting the Irish Free State into two).

Not that it's the worst thing about this map*, but why is Cyprus shown as Turkish?

Probably because it's on the map corner and given the general sloppiness of that map this might be an almost excusable error although the Dodecanese is also visibly NOT Italian colored; the Channel Islands (if that is what those two specks are) are obviously French; and the Baltic sea has again lost some islands.

(runner-up prize, imo, goes to Northern Ireland, for pushing west and successfully splitting the Irish Free State into two).

Hmm, I think the mouth of the Danube is also a good contender (admittedly at least it still flows into the Black Sea)

Last edited: