The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Now, I ran into a bit of confusion with the Reichscomissariat Ukraine, along with whatever that little subdivision in the darker grey that is to the east of Ukraine in the 1942 map. That small subdivision doesn't appear on the old 1941 December map but does appear on both the old and your new 1942 map, I just don't know what it is so I don't know if it was a thing in December 1941.
FYI, that was the Lokot Autonomy, a semi-autonomous territory the Nazis created with Russian collaborationists. Wikipedia says it was created on the 15th of November, 1941, but I couldn't find any sources on that. However, it seems that by December 1941 it had been created. Great work on the WWII maps overall.

FYI, that was the Lokot Autonomy, a semi-autonomous territory the Nazis created with Russian collaborationists. Wikipedia says it was created on the 15th of November, 1941, but I couldn't find any sources on that. However, it seems that by December 1941 it had been created. Great work on the WWII maps overall.
To be fair, most of the credit goes to... um, whoever did the intermediate map series (before this one but after the move from rectangular maps) from one of the older threads, I'm not actually sure who, I just have a whole series saved on my hard drive from years ago, and spliced some stuff from there to the current one rather than drawing any borders myself.

Though actually I just remembered that I did draw the area around Tobruk-the old maps seemed to be wrong, with Operation Compass in reality having relieved Tobruk by early December. I tried my hand at drawing it in, but maybe someone else wants to take a look at it and fix the precise pixels if need be. Apart from that and the Ukraine borders uncertainty though, it should all be set as far as I know, especially now knowing about the Lokot Autonomy

Wasn't that @SRegan ?
That... sounds about right according to memory? Though I think there were a couple different series in between the current one here and the square one...

Checking the wiki, there's a "revised worlda" and a "new revised worlda", but it also looks like they were just kind of stuck together at some point with the pages for both series just showing mostly the same maps? Also one of the pages lists a whole bunch of contributors, though a bunch of the individual maps seem to credit SRegan? So I'm not exactly sure how it all worked out, it looks like Diamond did the original square map or something and maybe SRegan then made the circular base map and also a bunch of the individual circular maps for one or both of those middle series along with other contributors, or something along those lines

(Also this talk and looking back through the wiki is really making it hit for just how long I've been lurking around this place)

Hiya - just dropping in to clarify that while I did a bunch of sequences (focusing on the 20th century and 19th century colonial border evolution) and territorial evolution patches, most of the basemap improvements should be credited to Semmi, Iori, Beedok, Alex Richards and others.

Made some patches to the 2017 map, mainly fixed some small islands
1559557875608.png

Vuu

Banned
Anyone have the Russian federal subjects patch? I mean Mexico with it's messy borders has them, but Russia doesn't

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been on a short-ish hiatus recently; I've been busy with other projects and after finishing finals I needed some time off.

- Added the updated 1920 & 2017 maps
- I'll get to adding both of those 1941 maps later today.
- As for the corrections on the previous page, I'll get to updating those maps soon. Thanks for the continued feedback!
EDIT: - Updated 843 with balkan corrections.

There are, like, two different versions of the Mexican/Spanish California border and I wanna know which one is more accurate, please.

Here's what I was talking about with the California border:
upload_2019-6-18_13-58-12.png

(Taken from 1776 and 1812). I'm inclined to say that the slanted border might be more accurate but I'm not certain.

I think the slanted one wasn't established until after Mexico became independent
It wasn't, Mexico kept the Spanish subdivision system during quite some years. The border of California was based on a certain meridian and taking into account the map's curvature it cannot be a straight upwards line.