The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

I suspect Star War will still be pro freedom and Rebel as the protagonist faction. But instead the empire will be allegory to soviet union (Galactic Union).

I agree. Though it may include a third power that while tyrannical is not as bad as the Galactic Union and offers aid to the Rebels against their mutual enemy. If we keep to the later Star Wars stuff it might be a remnant of CIS and more militant Republican Factions that sacrificed freedom in the name of resisting the GU.

So Israel is composed of Israel+ Palestinian Territories+ Jordan? With those Russian Jews leaving for Israel after being let out of the gulags. I assume the Israeli population will be much higher.

If I could get a rundown of the different borders besides Israel annexing Jordan then I could give it a go.

Middle East borders ITTL 1949:

Israel: OTL Israel + Gaza, the West Bank, Jordan and Golan Heights

Turkey: OTL Turkey + Tartus and Latakia, the Aegan Islands and Thrace (with Crete in a joint-partnership with the Greeks)

Iran: Split down the 34th Parallel (basically Borujerd's latitude)

Libya: Still Italian

Everything else is OTL in that neck of the world, at least so far.

Weren't there also border changes in Europe even before WWII? At least I think there were.

Yes, but I was referring to the Middle East there.

The 1945 map of Europe posted earlier (threadmarked) is basically unchanged, except Poland has lost its residual independence and Czechoslovakia has properly split. In Asia, Hokkaido is a separate state and China is mostly Red at this point bar a small hold out in the South. All of Korea is Communist.

With Stalin's actions its easy to see why Mussolini can get good PR ITTL. In his own time Mussolini can easily point to Stalin's atrocities and misrule and basically say "See, see! This is why we have to be so hardcore and even tyrannical! We are doing whatever we can to keep THIS from happening elsewhere!"

Even with the Slovenian nationality being broken by Mussolini his defenders can say a culturally identity destruction is still loads better than the mass murder genocide efforts of Stalin and Hitler.

In a way Mussolini's enemy's are very useful assets to him and his legacy; more than many of his loyal subordinates and allies even.

Is there any current of resentment to Israel from the Middle Eastern Jewish population and the USSR's,for their current predicament being a result of Zionism?

Also, I am assuming the Jewish communities in places like Tunis are still doing okay protected by the colonial authority so far?

I don't think the Turkish governments plans with Islam re going to go very far. Their siding with colonial powers will alienate the Muslim world still chafing under European colonials. The Arabs states could hardly hate them more. And the conservative Muslim factions and Islamists likely see them as traitors occupying a holy site rather than proper custodians of it.

Hmm, it occurs to me Turkeys actions may discredit their secular/nationalist government ideology in circles in the Arab World. After all the current Turkish regime is worse than a infidel/colonizer. They are outright traitors that have thrown their neighbors under the bus to such people to further their own agenda. Not exactly the kind of people many would hold up as an example to emulate in a situation like the Post War Arab states.

So a four year war in China? Eck. Wallace hearing about it likely has another nail in his soul, thinking despite his efforts World War Three has begun.

I wonder if the intervention will be under UN banners like in the Korean War OTL?

With Stalin's actions its easy to see why Mussolini can get good PR ITTL. In his own time Mussolini can easily point to Stalin's atrocities and misrule and basically say "See, see! This is why we have to be so hardcore and even tyrannical! We are doing whatever we can to keep THIS from happening elsewhere!"

Even with the Slovenian nationality being broken by Mussolini his defenders can say a culturally identity destruction is still loads better than the mass murder genocide efforts of Stalin and Hitler.

In a way Mussolini's enemy's are very useful assets to him and his legacy; more than many of his loyal subordinates and allies even.

Is there any current of resentment to Israel from the Middle Eastern Jewish population and the USSR's,for their current predicament being a result of Zionism?

Also, I am assuming the Jewish communities in places like Tunis are still doing okay protected by the colonial authority so far?

I don't think the Turkish governments plans with Islam re going to go very far. Their siding with colonial powers will alienate the Muslim world still chafing under European colonials. The Arabs states could hardly hate them more. And the conservative Muslim factions and Islamists likely see them as traitors occupying a holy site rather than proper custodians of it.

Hmm, it occurs to me Turkeys actions may discredit their secular/nationalist government ideology in circles in the Arab World. After all the current Turkish regime is worse than a infidel/colonizer. They are outright traitors that have thrown their neighbors under the bus to such people to further their own agenda. Not exactly the kind of people many would hold up as an example to emulate in a situation like the Post War Arab states.

So a four year war in China? Eck. Wallace hearing about it likely has another nail in his soul, thinking despite his efforts World War Three has begun.

I wonder if the intervention will be under UN banners like in the Korean War OTL?
To be fair it's not like Turkey had ever really enjoyed a lot of popularity with the Arabic populations. This move towards supporting Italy and Isreal over the Arabic nations of the region wouldn't exactly shock anyone.

I dunno, Nazis make fantastic villains. Specially given Hugo Boss designed the uniforms.

Commie Nazies in SPACE

commienazis.jpg

No one hates Israel for their victories among the Jewish population in the USSR. Indeed, many Jews in Russia have gained a religious zeal, feeling as if the seizing of Jerusalem fortells the imminent coming of the Messiah and greet their suffering with indifference.

Israel is very close to the Western powers early (and ETO are desperate to keep Israel as a mediator between themselves and the RA, rather than a full member of the latter). Jews are specifically protected by the Colonial authorities (while the natives resent them all the more). Still, Israel has incredible pull powers that keep bringing the numbers in.

On another note it will be interesting to see how matters develop in the Neutral Duo of Europe, Romania and Hungary. Those two have actually gotten off better than OTL with no communist conquest/dictators and the local fascists defeated in the bargain. They seem well poised to develop stable democratic governments. True Romania lost its coast, but what remains is a Romania for its citizens rather than a satellite state it seems.

Cut off from the sea and surrounded on land by the Communist and Fascist Blocs it seems likely the two neutral nations will grow closer for mutual support in the Cold War. The ETO both by being cut off and by treaty obligations can offer only limited support after all.

It would be nice with all that happening ITTL to see two peoples actually bury the hatchet and move forward, a partnership born from pragmatism maybe eventually becoming genuinely amiable.

By the way how is Tito coping with his patron going insane?

Last edited:
By the way how is Tito coping with his patron going insane?

Tito haven't much options so either he allow Soviets do whatever they want or then shall then face something unfortunate.

And considering that Tito was quiet unpredictable it is possible that Red Army with Stalin's bless remove Tito and replace him with someone more cooperative leader.