Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the Eagle: Another completely unoriginal and tiring Kaiserwank. These are so common that can't barely be considered proper AH maps, but felt like giving it a try. Not much lore, Germany wins WW1 and then WW2.

dd7byzd-262bc223-b81c-412d-be0d-177c8d0e8d6b.png

Under the Eagle: Another completely unoriginal and tiring Kaiserwank. These are so common that can't barely be considered proper AH maps, but felt like giving it a try. Not much lore, Germany wins WW1 and then WW2.
Objection!

Iif Germany really won WW1 and then WW2, I would imagine the Tsingtau/Kiautschou Bay to be a relevant thing as well (comparable to Hong Kong), so it either would be still part of the Empire, or have a subdivision like hong kong and macau do :biggrin:

Peru is native, NW America has Asian colonies. I guess I'll push filling this in a bit further up my queue, but I'm really a bit unsure about what to do with N/NE Asia and Central/Eastern Europe.

I’ll be happy to help out. :)

Perhaps some declining *Hunnic steppe empire spanning Eastern Europe?

Objection!

Iif Germany really won WW1 and then WW2, I would imagine the Tsingtau/Kiautschou Bay to be a relevant thing as well (comparable to Hong Kong), so it either would be still part of the Empire, or have a subdivision like hong kong and macau do :biggrin:
Hardly as though they would have any way to take it back. Them possessing Namibia, including Wallis Bay, is bizarre enough. They weren't exactly in a position to take it back, and the British wouldn't want to upset the South Africans by taking what they saw as their colony and conquest away. Them annexing areas filled with Africans the Boers had been unable to conquere doesn't quite compensate. I dunno,

Here's a quick snippet of a map I've been working on. The premise is that France and the HRE switch places, and I'm trying to build a world around that. The map shows the situation around roughly 1000-1100. Suggestions are welcome, since besides France/Germany/England I'm pretty stuck on what realms could be around.

Stylistically,I'm more than happy about how it's turning out. I would like to expand the heraldry a bit more but unforeseen circumstances have made me put those plans on hold for the moment.

sdfgrg.png

Here's a quick snippet of a map I've been working on. The premise is that France and the HRE switch places, and I'm trying to build a world around that. The map shows the situation around roughly 1000-1100. Suggestions are welcome, since besides France/Germany/England I'm pretty stuck on what realms could be around.

Stylistically,I'm more than happy about how it's turning out. I would like to expand the heraldry a bit more but unforeseen circumstances have made me put those plans on hold for the moment.

View attachment 460615
I feel England would be a sword of dog and tail sort of thing. Also, any specific time period you are thinking for the switch? looking it over, at the point in time shown on the map the Normans and whoever they married into also had the Bordeaux. I think you should have Brittany stay an independent kingdom, perhaps being a way someone can call themselves kings, even if it is not the main part of the realm, outside of the profits to be made. Ahhh, and you going to have it that France keeps their monarchy elective?

Anyone know who made the map I am linking below? I am thinking using it may be helpful for making areas similar to Wettin possessions, with things being broken up among sons. Also shows the main domains of the French Crown, many of which came directly from the English royal family, at one point or another. Also look at the three types of tax paying regimes were in France. Should give an idea of who was able to make terms onnhow they entered the kingdom,

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Map_France_1477-en.svg

This is my first map ever, its based off a ck2-Eu4 conversion game I've been playing for a year and now I'm just waiting for the EU4-Vic2 converter to be updated.
Work in Progress obviously and any thoughts about it are welcomed.
Isahqid-World-Map.png

This is my first map ever, its based off a ck2-Eu4 conversion game I've been playing for a year and now I'm just waiting for the EU4-Vic2 converter to be updated.
Work in Progress obviously and any thoughts about it are welcomed.
Isahqid-World-Map.png
I have some pointers
1. All borders should remain 1 pixel thick to maximize detail and make it generally look better.
2. Boxes showing who controls what small islands (ie. Hawaii or the Falklands) should remain as boxes unless absolutely necessary
3. Most borders (especially in the old world) should refrain from being rounded or straight.
Just some advice

That Byzantine empire is almost believable if we theorize a Russian-Byzantine dynastic union and a Poland that embraces Greek Orthodoxy rather than Catholicism. :biggrin:

Iroquois%20Map.png

The Federated Republic of the Haudenosaunee
Capital: Onondaga
Largest City: Osheaga
Official Languages: Standard Haudenosaunan
Government: Representative Democratic Confederation

When Jacques Cartier sailed down the Great Kanatian River (which he had named the St. Lawrence River) in 1535, guided by his two captive natives from Stadacona[OTL Quebec City], he would find series of settlements under the protection of a far-off powerful alliance of tribes further upriver. While rapids prevented him from proceeding further than Osheaga[OTL Montreal] his encounters proved to be a boon to the locals as they began to spread knowledge of the lands and people beyond the ocean. By the time he returned in 1541, he would find Stadacona and Osheaga both heavily fortified, ready to intercept any new arrivals.

Over time, explorers and traders would meet with the protectors of the Kanatian settlements: the Haudenosaunee, otherwise known as the Iroquois or Minqua to their (usually hostile) neighbors. They began as the Five Nations: the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida, and Mohawk. They were followed shortly after by the Susquehannock, while the Mohawk as Keepers of the Eastern Door made the Hochelagans and Stadaconans their protectorates. The same happened to the Wenro and the northern tribes of the Erie but as under the Seneca, the Keepers of the Western Door.

The league would expand its influence and raiding to their neighbors, bringing things to a boiling point by the time of Champlain. After founding L'Habitation at the confluence of the Saguenay and Great Kanatian Rivers [OTL Tadoussac], Samuel de Champlain would side with the Hurons and their Algonquian allies, souring relations between the two nations. When the Huron and the other nations of the northern shores were subjugated, continuous raids maid against the colonies of New France and Acadia significantly hampered their development.

On the other hand, the Dutch colonization of the lower Hudson River would be met with more openness as New Netherlands became trading partner where furs were traded for iron tools and guns. From them, the herding of sheep, cows, and other domesticated animals were also learned, allowing the people to move away from hunting. They would assist their allies in wars against New England, New Sweden, the Mahicans, and the Lenape, keeping the east coast broken up among warring nations. When Virginians and Carolinians in the south waged war on the Tuscarora and their Nottoway allies, the two tribes would migrate north, seeking the protection of the Haudenosaunee. They would become the protectorates of the Susquehannock, the Keepers of the Southern Door.

Though their dominance would wane over time as the fur trade declined from overhunting of beaver, the Haudenosaunee would remain a unified league of multiple nations. Following the Kichisipi War in which the Kichisipi River [OTL Ottawa River] was lost to New France and their Algonquin allies as well as the War of Three Fires against the Potawatomi, Odawa, and Ojibwe, the league elevated the Huron as a member nation with the Neutral and Petun as their protectorates as the Keepers of the North Door. Further conflicts would see the indigenous league ally with other native states like the Lenape, Shawnee, Wabanaki, and Mahican against the settlers in wars against the encroachment of their land despite being historic enemies. The Covenant Chain Alliance as it was known was successful in limiting colonial expansion, allowing the nations to exist albeit at a smaller territorial extent. The alliance would expand to include nations further south and west like the Illini, Cherokee, Cree, and the Three Fires Confederacy.

In an effort to modernize, borders were delineated between tribal lands over jurisdictions (though they were still very open); the protectorates were elevated into full members of the league though ceremonially they still deferred to their "Keeper" nation. Each nation had great autonomy over their lands, promoting the use of their own regional language though using a Standard Haudenosaunan language based on Onondagan as a lingua franca. They were originally written in modified Latin scripts, but the invention of a syllabary for Cherokee by Sequoyah around 1820 inspired the government to commission him to create a version for the northern Iroquoian languages, which is taught in tandem with the Romanized forms. Other developments include the creation of a road system between the major cities and towns, the creation of a school system and the opening of Onondaga University, and the establishment of nature reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.