Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're having ridiculous fun with our home states, I give you the Oregonian Empire, shown here with her vassal states and two greatest allies, the Greater Navajo Confederation and the Northwestern Peasants' Republic

Attachments

• Oregonian Empire - Cropped.png
    Oregonian Empire - Cropped.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 400
Can this thread's future content revert back to well thought-out posts? Please direct all of your uber states and drunk posts to the Map Shitpost thread (unless, of course, they are well thought-out and have value). Many of us follow the main Map Thread for quality posts, not shitposts.

upload_2019-5-20_12-40-37.png

Speaking of well thought out posts, this is a map I've been working on for a year and still refuse to write the timeline for. Here are some quick, simple notes about it for context:

- Russia fell apart following the Great War, leading to warlords taking huge swathes of land taking over. Both the Russian Republic and the Russian SR wish to end the chaos and annex the petty cliques

- Due to the Boers flaring up again during the war, Britain sold much of their South African territories to Portugal in order to sustain some form of influence in the region.

- China's collapse saw the start of the greatest conflict the world has ever known, and now is split between many factions and the Japanese and German colonial empires.

- France was blamed heavily for the war, thanks to the other powers either having collapsed, not being relevant enough, or mainly being punished for internal affairs. This has taken much of a toll on the people, with Homme d’Etat Petain calling for a complete destruction of both Britain and Germany. France may soon plunge the world into war like they did in Hong Kong, 1910…

- Germany is in serious strife. Their relations with Portugal are degrading seriously due to debates over Northern Rhodesia, warlords from Russia attempting to form their own empire from German puppets, and France’s militarisation all being pressing matters. If Wilhelm III does not abruptly change his ways, we could see the end of a powerful German monarchy or even Germany itself.

- Britain was the only major victorious power of The Great War not to carve out an empire from the remains of China- ironically, due to the entire war being French invasion into British China- and fears are spreading that the empire’s golden age is long over. While they have Hashemite allies for oil, the empire is still overstretched and resources are spread thin. Colonial revolts only further threaten this once great empire.

- The Ottomans are considered one of the worst regimes of human history. They committed mass genocide against almost all non-Turks in their empire as the Balkan states invaded to force them out of the region once and for all. Turkey is bitter. Their once great empire destroyed, Anatolia encroached upon by expansionist empires looking to “avenge 1453” and to kill 3 million Turks as response to the killing of Arabs, Jews, and Slavs. With no one stopping them from turning to the Caucasus, that might be where they first strike.

- The Americans only joined the war late, and barely got anything from it. While they watch France and Japan carefully, they have retreated into isolation for the time being.

Maps inspired from Crusader Kings II games time! This one from a game where I was playing the House of Savoy, and all things went to hell when one Zigza Adamid ended up conquering Poland.
legacy_of_zigza_by_spiritswriter123_dd7bjqb-fullview.png

IC: Great Zigza! The greatest conqueror to live! Zigza was born in the continent of Africa, a child of Moorish, Moslem nobles. His family would be removed from power by ever expanding Crusader forces, led by Zigza's future rivals, the villainous House of Savoy. Zigza would become a landless adventurer, out looking for land of his own. He found this in the form of Poland under King Gosciwuj Piast (who also ruled over Denmark). In 1342, Zigza Adamid the Moor successfully conquered Poland, the first of many. But, Zigza became fond of his new kingdom, converting to the local culture and religion, abandoning his forefather's beliefs and customs.

He would go on to conquer vast stretches of Eastern and Central Europe. Among these conquests was of Hungary, where he faced The Holy Roman Empire and the Holy Roman Puppetmasters in the House of Savoy (of whom he was taking Hungary from). There after, the House of Savoy and House of Adamid-Zigza would become the most bitter of rivals. His future conquests would include Lithuania, Bohemia, Bavaria (once again against the vile House of Savoy), and in the oddest example, Serbia in a bloodless coup.

In 1377, he was crowned Wendish Emperor by Pope Caelstinius V, confirming his legitimacy. Depite his birth, he would proudly embrace Christianity and become a Zealous Crusader. Despite being an usurper, his family is now entrenched in Wendish politics. His blood will continue on in the Polish Dynasty for centuries to come. Even the eternal enemy in the west, the House of Savoy and the Burgundian Empire, fears waging war against the great Wendish Empire, Zigza's ultimate legacy.

SuperZtar64

Banned
Okay, so I don't think I'll ever tire of making Decades of Darkness Maps. I'm rereading it for like the fourth time as we speak.

upload_2019-5-19_23-55-24.png

US States by slaves as a percentage of population, 1900

upload_2019-5-19_23-55-49.png

US States by non-citizens as a percentage of population, 1900

upload_2019-5-19_23-57-34.png

US States by whites as a percentage of population, 1900

It is. I really want to know whether Peru is native or under Asian colonization.

Peru is native, NW America has Asian colonies. I guess I'll push filling this in a bit further up my queue, but I'm really a bit unsure about what to do with N/NE Asia and Central/Eastern Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.