Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries

Flag Challenge 206: Real flags have curves

In this challenge you are to redesign a flag of your choice so that it predominantly features any curvy elements(circles, waves, swirls etc.). The only condition is it must be flag that has been historically used by a state, administrative division, city or even organization. Including a link to the original flag for reference is recommended. You don't need to provide a backstory for the reason of the redesign, but if you do, it should not deviate too much from OTL (i.e. the H.R.E. changed its flag because it became a republic; this would be considered too much).

Submissions Close: 12th May
Voting period: 13th May - 20th May

Redesigned Flag of South Africa
A variation on the flag which tries to show how the interweaving of the different peoples and histories lead forward (right) to the future of the nation.
South Africa interwoven flag _ FG.png

Original flag for reference:
320px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png

@BelfastBrawler - RL has to take priority, obviously, but I hope you're able to join in with the challenges again, your flags are always good to see. Also, thanks for the last challenge, I enjoyed it, just a pity no-one else was able to take part.

I've asked in the main flag thread about participation in these challenges to garner a bit more than we lately have.
If BelfastBrawler still decides against a new challenge then, according to the rules, one of the following "overseers" will suggest a new one:-
Director: Transparent Blue
Archivist: Petike
Volunteers::OAM47, Rarayn,,The Professor

Interesting idea. I'm currently without Internet at home, but once I'm back, I plan to do an update for our archives, and I'll chime in with more feedback on this suggestion.

Anyone wanna try to revive this ?
Flags challenges should have historically significant topics, while the flags themselves should be easy to make.

And... I suggest that if the deadline comes and there is only one entry, the sole contestant wins by default, giving us the chance to get into the next round.

Flags challenges should have historically significant topics, while the flags themselves should be easy to make.

I feel all challenges, whether historic or not, should be allowed.
There is only a small pool of people that generally participate in the challenges as it is.
And many of them, myself included, just come up short on ideas sometimes and do not enter anything.
So, making it strictly historical would dramatically cut the number of possible entries.

And... I suggest that if the deadline comes and there is only one entry, the sole contestant wins by default, giving us the chance to get into the next round.

The sole entrant winning makes sense to me.
I agree with this idea.