How should the States of the Union work?

• Canton System

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • American System

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What happened to the Trail of Tears tribes?
Unfortunately the same as OTL, more or less. I normally love to have Native American rights or states, but it's not likely here: the only slight difference is that the Five Civilized Tribes still have large reservations in Oklahoma (the Sequoyah Region, which has been trying to gain statehood).
I’m really interested to see how Indiana is ITTL
I'd have to look more into Indiana, but I'll make sure to do something about it.

Kingdom of Prussia (Map)
"The history of Prussia is one of shame - to think that it might once have been a power is laughable."
Otto von Bismarck, Defense Minister of the Kingdom of Saxony (1862-1875)
preussen.png

Following the Seven Years' War, it had become clear to most of Europe that the Kingdom of Prussia was destined to be the dominating German state in light of the declining Holy Roman Empire (and the Archduchy of Austria, with it); however, these analyses failed to foresee the disastrous German Wars (1819-1827). In its aftermath, Prussia was once again a fledgling state - losing its geographic namesake (and its Partition) to Russia, and its influence to Austria. The weak man of Europe, Prussia was forced to decentralize in the following decades, and bought Pomerania from Sweden in 1850, and eventually absorbing Mecklenburg-Schwerin in 1907. This deformed structure has, to some degree, allowed the Kingdom to crawl its way into the modern era, though it has fought tooth-and-nail to do so. The Silesian Protests of 1971 were met with brutal military suppression (see below), while major journalists supporting integration into Germany have been censored and sometimes even imprisoned. This oppressive regime has led to increased nationalism amongst Silesians, and general distrust by many Prussian citizens.
-
1024px-Volkspolizei_at_the_official_opening_of_the_Brandenburg_Gate.jpg

Prussian Guard near pro-German protesters outside of Breslau, the Duchy of Silesia (in Prussia), in 1971. On January 15th, 1971, at 15:00, protesters like these were shot at by the Prussian Guard.

Polish Intermission Infobox
The Polish Intermission (German: Polnische Pause, Polish: Polska przerwa, Russian: Польский антракт), was a conflict occurring between the First and Second German Wars. In the former war, the Kingdom of Prussia relied heavily on Polish troops against the Archduchy of Austria. In response to this, Polish peasantry in Poznań (then a part of Prussia) began a revolt in an attempt to re-instate the Kingdom of Poland. As the news of the Poznań Revolt spread throughout Europe, Tsar Alexander I of Russia saw the Polish revolutionaries as a method to expand Russia's influence, and declared war on both Prussia and Austria to aid in the liberation of the Poles. Additionally, the French Second Republic donated arms to support the Poles.
In a move to increase the power of Russia, Tsar Alexander I proposed the annexation of East Prussia to the new Kingdom of Poland, as a way of reminding the Poles of the mostly positive relations between Russia and Poland during the Seven Years' War. This proposal not only came to be a success following the Capture of Königsberg, but was also successful in lessening Polish revolts in the Russian Partition (which was, additionally, never ceded to the Kingdom of Poland following the Intermission).
The impressive success of the Russian-Polish coalition also cemented the role of Russia as the protector of the Slavs. It also contributed greatly to the outcome of the German Wars in general, as the loss of troops and the loss of land contributed significantly to a loss of morale of the Prussian troops, which ultimately culminated in the decline of the Kingdom of Prussia.

Polish Intermission.png

Last edited: