Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why does Mccain like sandwiches?
I was just trying to look up images with politicians having food and that came up in my results, so I put it in there. I didn't find anything with White or Trebek though, so that's why it's just them without any food.

What if Game of Thrones took place in the modern day?
2019-04-24.png

41-and-45.png

Dubya wins his 1978 congressional race, and the butterflies from that are enough to make the Reagan/Ford ticket happen. Not chosen as Vice President, H.W. instead finds a place in Reagan's cabinet, albeit missing out on Secretary of State. Dubya runs for the Senate in 1984, and come 1988 both Bush's are seen as potential presidential candidates, but the family instead opts to field Dubya, sensing his popularity within the party and a tiny bit worried about Bush Sr.’s lack of recent political experience. Bush wins against Gary Hart in a close election, but is assassinated in 1991.

H.W. finds himself back in cabinet shortly thereafter, finally being appointed Secretary of State by longtime friend Alan Simpson, though his time in office is brief as Simpson is defeated by Paul Tsongas in 1992. By 1996, though, the Democrats are in a tough spot following Tsongas' resignation and Bush's presidential aspirations haven't gone away, and he manages to win the nomination and the general election in part by seizing upon Dubya's legacy.

Presidents of the United States:
1981-1989: Ronald Reagan / Gerald Ford (Republican)
-80:
Jimmy Carter/Walter Mondale (Democratic), John B. Anderson/Patrick Lucey (Independent)
-84: Walter Mondale/Martha Layne Collins (Democratic)

1989-1991: George W. Bush / Alan Simpson (Republican)
-88:
Gary Hart/Fritz Hollings (Democratic)
1991-1991: Alan Simpson / vacant (Republican)
1991-1993: Alan Simpson / Richard Lugar (Republican)
1993-1995: Paul Tsongas / Bruce Babbitt (Democratic)
-92:
Alan Simpson/Richard Lugar (Republican)
1995-1995: Bruce Babbitt / vacant (Democratic)
1995-1997: Bruce Babbitt / John Breaux (Democratic)
1997-2005: George H. W. Bush / John McCain (Republican)
-96:
Bruce Babbitt/John Breaux (Democratic), Richard Lamm/Tim Penny (Alliance '96)
-00: Bob Kerrey/Dottie Lamm (Democratic)

2005-present: Carole Keeton Strayhorn / Bill Bradley (Democratic)
-04:
John McCain/Jim Ross Lightfoot (Republican)

Last edited:
upload_2019-4-24_22-56-29.png

Something rather self-explanatory; Smith wins the nomination in 1924 leading to an even worse performance than Davis.

Also this my 500th post here!

Another post for my Gran Lago timeline, where a massive lake in Southern California doesn't dry up and sticks around to the modern day (with some help). Other posts in this timeline can be found here and here.
XdwNUn2.png

Comments? Questions?

Last edited:
If it's still part of the US, shouldn't it be the State of California?
California just changed their official name as a symbolic measure. It doesn't actually signify a special political status, it is just a reminder of the old Republic of California before it was invaded by the United States.

@Planita13 quick question, whats the difference between Californios and Californianos?
I'm glad you noticed lol.
Californios is a term to refer to the original settlers who lived in California, usually before California was annexed by the United States. Californianos refers to recent, mostly Mexican immigrants and their descendants. Californios also sometimes refer to the Hispanics that look white, although obviously this doesn't match well with the aforementioned definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.