How should the States of the Union work?

• Canton System

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • American System

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, it occurs to me just now that there are 36 states, and not 38. Will edit the map later, gonna finish up the flags

Flags of the States of the Union
state flags wip.png

(All state flags available on request, to some degree.)

Last edited:
Love the Idaho flag! Simple and original, ya did my state proud.
Oh, thanks! I just kinda went "Oh hey there are big mountains here, I'll use those!" Glad to hear that it worked, though. Seeing that the American System appears to be winning, expect to see a box on the Ducal families soon!

Alright, as a general update: I'm not going to do the "Ducal families" thing yet; I might eventually but working with the sandbox isn't the most fun thing for me, so I'll work on it later.
That being said, I am working on something that is both unrealistic but kinda interesting, so have fun with that!

Nice! Is the "Equality Amendment" similar to the OTL's ERA or is it most similar to the reconstruction amendments, or both?

Nice! Is the "Equality Amendment" similar to the OTL's ERA or is it most similar to the reconstruction amendments, or both?
A mixture of both. It begins its lifespan as a conglomeration of the Reconstruction Amendments, but in light of increasing progressivism in the twentieth century, it gets new clauses which make it something akin to the proposed Equal Rights Amendment.

oh, there's an error in the article. The last sentence reads "Which would grant grant to said freed slaves..."
yeah that's supposed to read "would grant citizenship," whoops

oh, there's an error in the article. The last sentence reads "Which would grant grant to said freed slaves..."
yeah that's supposed to read "would grant citizenship," whoops
No, no, you see, ITTL, trolls edit wikipeadia articals to have one sentence make little sense and this an example of it! :)

What's Canada and Mexico like?
Still not the most sure, but here's a rough idea of what I have so far:
Canada:
Similar to OTL, except it has Alaska and the so-called "British Partition" of Louisiana
Mexico:
Has been independent longer than OTL, mostly due to Napoleonic-based nationalism. Mexico is also a bit more friendly towards Natives, and said Natives often live on government-protected "communes" (think US Reservations that were actually designed to be nice towards Natives). It's most likely a subscriber to Post-Napoleonic Democratic Thought (something I should go over sooner or later), but I might decide for it to be Hamiltonian Democratic Thought in the future - not 100% sure.