Q-Bam Borderpool Improvement and Core Thread

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2019-3-6_18-26-21.png

Patched New Guinea and Melanesia

Updated Egypt to the new colorscheme
upload_2019-3-16_12-59-58.png

Added Vidin and Tarnovo, updated to new colorscheme, German areas of Pannonia added
Most importantly Liberland is here
upload_2019-3-16_13-4-26.png

Updated Scandinavia to the new colorscheme
upload_2019-3-16_13-6-1.png

Updated Greenland to the CS
upload_2019-3-16_13-6-32.png

Added Peryaslavl Chernigov and Theodoro.
upload_2019-3-16_13-7-37.png

Fixed some wrongly colored borders in the Netherlands
upload_2019-3-24_15-23-24.png

Fixed some of the colors in Romania, added more "Germanic Pannonia" and added non-Szekelyland Hungarian Transylvania.
upload_2019-3-24_15-25-4.png

OwO what's this?

Sakartvelo WIP.png

New borders:
Rostov Oblast: Areas given to the Ukrainian SSR (specifically Donets Governorate) which were subsequently revoked in 1924. This includes the Taganrog Region (another border specifically for that).
In southern Kuban: Northern territories of the Democratic Republic of Georgia which were annexed to Russia (i.e. modern Sochi).
In Abkhazia: Kodori Valley / Upper Abkhazia (de facto controlled by Emzar Kvitsiani 1992-2006, Georgian 1992-2008, Abkhaz 2008- present)
In Georgia: Whoever forgot that area while filling in? The current map has that territory in white.

Uzbekistan WIP.png

New border in Uzbekistan: Territories given to them after 1927 (WIP with error, Karakalpak inhabited areas outside Karakalpakstan)

EDIT: Can someone do a borderpool based on this? Specifically, line A?
Possible_definitions_of_the_boundary_between_Europe_and_Asia.png

Last edited:
BP1.png
BP2.png

Updated the coasts and a majority of the lakes that have been improved on the qbam. I added China, Mongolia, and parts of Siberia and all of the far east and a couple other parts around the world. I also added the past updates that people have been working on.

I had to divide it up because alternate history is still opposed to qbam-sized world maps, and won't let me upload it.

View attachment 460365 View attachment 460366
Updated the coasts and a majority of the lakes that have been improved on the qbam. I added China, Mongolia, and parts of Siberia and all of the far east and a couple other parts around the world. I also added the past updates that people have been working on.

I had to divide it up because alternate history is still opposed to qbam-sized world maps, and won't let me upload it.
Great job, but...

I think you missed the Amur River border from 1858 to 1860, as well as the Greater Tibet borders (variant excluding Haidong and Xining, Qinghai)

Also, I don't remember the NKAO of Azerbaijan having a border with Iran. Fix that.

The copypasting of SE Ukraine apparently didn't work out as planned...

And could someone do the line A, please?

Looking at the current maps I'm thinking that it they should also include the old borders of the U.S. New Mexico Territory, the Qing-era (Inner) Mongolian borders, and, arguably, The briefly-existing Mexican Department of Arizona.

Great job, but...

I think you missed the Amur River border from 1858 to 1860, as well as the Greater Tibet borders (variant excluding Haidong and Xining, Qinghai)

Also, I don't remember the NKAO of Azerbaijan having a border with Iran. Fix that.

The copypasting of SE Ukraine apparently didn't work out as planned...

And could someone do the line A, please?
Looking at the current maps I'm thinking that it they should also include the old borders of the U.S. New Mexico Territory, the Qing-era (Inner) Mongolian borders, and, arguably, The briefly-existing Mexican Department of Arizona.

Getting all the coasts and everyone’s patches was more important than getting all that in. I'm hoping that it will get the borderpool started up again because now we're caught up with most of the coasts so that drex and/or others don't have to do them. I also hope it gets updated so we can get them all in.
There's a lot to do in the borderpool, like all the ones that Wendell mentioned, plus major rivers, disputed territories, older/traditional borders, etc. So let's get to patching it and start it up again
but here's those patches smaller patches:
Ukr.png
Lower Caucasus.png

Last edited:

Dementor

Banned
View attachment 460686 i've tried to eyeball in the uncontested zone between bulgaria and serbia before the balkan wars for (north or vardar) macedonia, since i can't scale down the image well enough https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgaria_during_World_War_I#/media/File:Uncontested_zone.JPG
Here's a better map since it includes the lakes. It's a minor, but significant point that the dividing line left Ohrid to Bulgaria. It's unlikely that Bulgaria would have accepted the division otherwise.